PDA

View Full Version : Have ya ever Lost

hoolign
07-14-2004, 08:09 AM
a pitman arm at 60 mph?? let me tell you, you could'nt pay for that ride at Disney land!!
now the fricken dealership I bought it from is playing the duck!!,
no body damage because the muskeg slowed us down right quickley:D lost the fuel cooler, the tranny module and the front bumper,had it towed to another dealership and they said the nut came off the pitman arm, I have some pics but have to develeop them,
narrow gravel road, just met a loaded b train 30 seconds before, if we woulda took an alternate route home like we usually do nothing but rock on one side and river on the other,
what a ficken ride:yuk:

copperrat20
07-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Damn dude. I can only imagine what it was like loosing it at 60. Glad you made it through okay though.:cool:

beer hunter
07-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Did the front wheels lock to one side or the other at that speed? Sounds very scary. I glad no one was injured. :)

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 08:35 AM
sounds like an e-ticket.....
glad nobody got hurt

NorCal Gameshow
07-14-2004, 09:00 AM
damn, hoolign... glad your o.k. ..
how old's the truck or car???
i haven't heard of a pitman arm coming loose like that.
you haven't pissed anyone off lately, have you ?:eek:

hoolign
07-14-2004, 09:08 AM
for somereason the pics off my camera phone are unacceptable format i can e-mail them to someone to see if they can post em?
it was a very uhh interesting ride to say the least, now I'm fightin with the dealership, it's an 02 D-max,
I'm outta pocket about 2 grand in total, which is cheap considering:D

hoolign
07-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Did the front wheels lock to one side or the other at that speed? Sounds very scary. I glad no one was injured. :)
no , i hit some washboard about 100 feet before and when I tried to correct it, no turny, the wheel did'nt do a thing cept spin
then the damn ditch caught us:D

jerry billet
07-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Just had a front tire blow out on one of our trucks. Can you imagine the damage that can be done by 80,000 lbs going down the highway at 60 mph?
No others involved in the incident, just our truck. Hwy 80 near Dixon. Long Nose Pete, the steel tread tore up the hood, and hitting the ground tore up the bumper,steering, fuel tank and anything else under there. Estimate cost $13,000 plus. Oh, and a pair of pants.
We got by cheaply. Consenses among drivers, if you do not have a firm grip on the wheel, you will jackknife.
So, are you still having nightmares. How often does anyone check the pitman arm bolt? Wanna bet you will now?

hoolign
07-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jerry billet
Just had a front tire blow out on one of our trucks. Can you imagine the damage that can be done by 80,000 lbs going down the highway at 60 mph?
No others involved in the incident, just our truck. Hwy 80 near Dixon. Long Nose Pete, the steel tread tore up the hood, and hitting the ground tore up the bumper,steering, fuel tank and anything else under there. Estimate cost $13,000 plus. Oh, and a pair of pants.
We got by cheaply. Consenses among drivers, if you do not have a firm grip on the wheel, you will jackknife.
So, are you still having nightmares. How often does anyone check the pitman arm bolt? Wanna bet you will now?
good thing you replied to this,,I almost forgot to include drycleaning:D
pretty freaky having no control over something at anyrate of speed, glad your ok after your encounter!

Kilrtoy
07-14-2004, 09:51 AM
WOW, lucky everyone is ok