PDA

View Full Version : dooley pickup

shaun
07-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Whats so special about there pickup that makes it 2 times the price of every other pickup i've seen so far. Any other pickups out there that are reasonibly priced that are shaped and work the same. 80 bucks for a pickup seams a bit high.
Oh ya, this is for a Mark IV 14 Quart Pan, with dooleys windage tray.

Lightning
07-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I thought you were talking about trucks for a second there.

Fiat48
07-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Because it fits their pan and made to work with their pan.

shaun
07-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Fiat: well obviously but there are plenty of other companies out there making pans and i dont see them charging 80 bucks for a pickup. Just wondering what is so special about theirs, maybe it's made of titanium :rolleyes:

superdave013
07-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
Fiat: well obviously but there are plenty of other companies out there making pans and i dont see them charging 80 bucks for a pickup. Just wondering what is so special about theirs, maybe it's made of titanium :rolleyes:
Maybe a Stef's pan & pick up would be less. lol
You get what you pay for and the dooley jet boat pan/pick up is made for marine use. It's heavier duty then a street deal. You don't want it breaking off! Also they don't sell as many marine pans as street units. So they cost more due to lower volume.

Fiat48
07-14-2004, 01:09 PM
If you have a dooley pan, then pay the price and use their pickup. Like I said, it fits. Better than spending hours trying to find something else that does fit. And if you get it wrong you could hurt the motor. Many times (or is that most of the time?) the time spent modifying something else to fit is not worth it.
Or sell the Dooley pan and buy something else. And then buy the right pickup for that pan.

shaun
07-14-2004, 01:47 PM
superdave013: actually i was going to get a stefs pan but i ended up comming accross this pan in a deal. I still may end up going the stefs rought.
Fiat: i agree, i was just hoping somebody out there might have compared/found a pickup that was exactly the same for the normal pickup price range.

Rexone
07-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Dooley pickups are heavy duty including a welded bracket that bolts to the main so you don't have to weld them in the pump. The oil pump connection is also centerless ground to size so it doesn't leak or not go in properly. Quality normally has a price.

Bryan Rose
07-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
Fiat: i agree, i was just hoping somebody out there might have compared/found a pickup that was exactly the same for the normal pickup price range.
Aint nothing normal priced in the marine world
Bryan

Infomaniac
07-14-2004, 02:51 PM
They are a beast.
This is the one for the offshore pan.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211pickup-med.jpg

shaun
07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Rex: That is true, quality does have it's price. The fact that you dont have to weld the pickup alone will save you money in the long run (not having to buy another pickup). Thanks for the explanation.