PDA

View Full Version : AVI question????

Blown_Rob
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
can you leave your boat beached or anchored overnite in the lagoon? or do you have to pull out everynite???

HotHallet
07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I believe you would WANT to pull it out due to the fluctuation of the river at night. For me I feel more warm and fuzzy when the boat is on the trailer and it is easier for me to get loaded knowing it is not going anywhere-carried by current-hitting rocks etc.

Floored
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
cruised by the AVI last year and a Ski-Nautique was about 20 feet from water in morn. Wasn't sittin too level, owner was probably pissed finding his boat sittin on prop and rudder in the sand. Live and learn

Evo22
07-15-2004, 08:22 AM
yea we have gone up river in the morning and seen a few "oops i forgot to take the boat out" mishaps

BigDogIvan
07-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Was in Topak in the mid '70s after a major rain fall friday night got up Saterday morning to a daycruiser atleast a 25 footer with just the pump in the water. :eek: That was in the lagoon on the Cal side. Sad thing was it was tied of fully floating the night before.
BD

Doug H.
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Go ahead Robbie and leave your blown boat in the water over night.............:D :D

Blown_Rob
07-15-2004, 01:02 PM
i am doug cause ill be way to drunk to remember to pull it out lol
im hoping i wont be coming back with it i want to sell it there ill bring the pink with me i have to go to chicago to pick up my new boat

Mrs Luvnlife
07-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Blown_Rob
i am doug cause ill be way to drunk to remember to pull it out lol
:D :D

HBjet
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
pull out everynite???
If thats what she wants....
Oh, the boat... yeah, I don't think they allow you to leave your boat in even if you wanted...
HBjet

Doug H.
07-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Robbie, what did you find in chicago ? and when do you plan on going ? is this going to be a road trip ?...............:)

Uplink
07-16-2004, 06:14 AM
can you leave your boat beached or anchored overnite in the lagoon? or do you have to pull out everynite???
Was just there last weekend. You can leave it anchored in the lagoon, but not beached. The gaurds go around clearing everyone off the beach at night. By the way they also check for room cards from boat owners parked on their beach throught the day, and also at their ramp. Have fun, Mark

Blown_Rob
07-16-2004, 07:52 PM
doug i found a SR24 HTM 605 CID closed bow true 100 mph boat in chicago but its not set in stone yet i will probably meet him half way and test it in havasu ........i wana go to catalina for lunch on the weekend so it will be a good boat