PDA

View Full Version : Thank You River Dave and Prime Marine

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Ok, I am so gratefull for River Dave and Prime Marine. Because of them our "baby" is sitting in the driveway, ready for me to clean the bejesus out of it....
Thanks so much you are the BEST River Dave! You get Turkey Jerky for life, just let me know what flavor you like best!:D
Thank you Prime Marine for fixing our boat in time for our trip, I know you guys were really busy. (you guys should see all the cool race boats in their shop) Thanks also for bringing the boat to my house, so I didn't have to attempt to back it into the driveway.
Thank You! Thank You!!

phebus
07-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Thanks also for bringing the boat to my house, so I didn't have to attempt to back it into the driveway.
I'm sure that would have led to another story :D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I'm sure that would have led to another story :D
I was thinking if I can back the motorhome into the driveway, I could probably do the boat, but why take chances with "Screams" baby.........:D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 05:53 PM
you can do it :D

superdave013
07-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Prime Marine is a class act. You should see the bad ass Schiada 20' that's in there right now!
Hummmm, that's gonna be in my driveway soon. :D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Prime Marine is a class act. You should see the bad ass Schiada 20' that's in there right now!
Hummmm, that's gonna be in my driveway soon. :D
I saw all the boats there, which one was it?
colors? numbers?
(then again I have all timers and probably won't remember :( )
very cool boats

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
you can do it :D
I know I can, the question is..............do I want to risk my "blessfull union"?
(ah, no);)

phebus
07-14-2004, 06:06 PM
I was thinking if I can back the motorhome into the driveway, I could probably do the boat, but why take chances with "Screams" baby.........:D
I was just referring to your run (marathon) of bad luck. :D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I was just referring to your run (marathon) of bad luck. :D
That is pretty much the way it is in our life..........if we get a break (Like River Dave and Prime Marine) they are very few and far between..............;)

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
when ya leaving for Powell :confused:
Take lots of pics for those of us whose boats are apart ok???

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:21 PM
when ya leaving for Powell :confused:
Take lots of pics for those of us whose boats are apart ok???
Guess I have been kinda self centered lately...........what happened to your boat?:(

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Guess I have been kinda self centered lately...........what happened to your boat?:(
dropped it off at offshore marine after the week on mead, for the 20-hr service (42 actual, don't tell the Merc cops) they called me monday and said the bellows was full of water, rusting u-joints etc....and that they'd have to replace u-joints and what not...
Oh, and they'd like me to pick it up as soon as its done because it took up a lot of space in their shop ;)

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:27 PM
dropped it off at offshore marine after the week on mead, for the 20-hr service (42 actual, don't tell the Merc cops) they called me monday and said the bellows was full of water, rusting u-joints etc....and that they'd have to replace u-joints and what not...
Oh, and they'd like me to pick it up as soon as its done because it took up a lot of space in their shop ;)
Should have come down here and gone to Prime Marine!
Those guys are GREAT!:D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Should have come down here and gone to Prime Marine!
Those guys are GREAT!:D
These guys are cool, and come highly recommended....
I just liked the guys comment about the size of the boat vs the size of his parking lot :D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:29 PM
glad to hear you're back on the water....
when do you leave, and where are the pics :confused:

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Matt has the camera so no pics of the new prop and skeg, but I will upload some as soon as we get back.
We are leaving Sat night and driving to Mesquite ( I drive the RV Matt drives the Navigator with the boat) we sleep in a parking lot, wake up early eat a big brunch and drive to Lake Powell, Lone Rock Beach. We are thinking of launching from the dirt ramp on the beach.
Ahhell, Us and our friends Steve and Sheri are going. Ahhell is leaving Thursday. We are staying until the following Sunday. We will probably do the Bullfrog run Sat AM.
Hoping to meet Titties and Beer and Deez Nutz out there on Fridays or Saturday.
Come on out and join us!:D

ahhell
07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
whew....i thought i was going to have to haul your asses around all week...not like i dont owe you a boat ride or 2.....:D
see you saturday....where? In n Out or my house or Bear valley on ramp???

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
whew....i thought i was going to have to haul your asses around all week...not like i dont owe you a boat ride or 2.....:D
see you saturday....where? In n Out or my house or Bear valley on ramp???
I talked to Matt this morning and he is planning on driving up that night (after his shower and nap) I don't know the specifics, I am "cargo" remember:D
Only two boat rides?!?!;)

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
who is giving Dan a boat ride :confused:
shoot, I might just have to pull the pontoon out this weekend if mine's not done....
Anybody think I'll be in the doghouse if I skip on helping the g/f move and go to the lake :confused:
POWELL :D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm in trouble for just thinking about it aren't I Deb? :rolleyes:

Wakker
07-14-2004, 06:40 PM
"all timers" huh? I have heard of Alzheimers but never all timers...

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Wakker
you sir have obviously missed in the rule book around here that you do not make fun of Deb's spelling ;)

Debbolas
I'm in trouble for just thinking about it aren't I Deb? :rolleyes:
YES!!!
I'm pretty sure we could scare you up a ride, have you ever even been in our boat?!?!
You are welcome!
Titties will be there the weekend of July24:D

ahhell
who is giving Dan a boat ride :confused:
shoot, I might just have to pull the pontoon out this weekend if mine's not done....
Anybody think I'll be in the doghouse if I skip on helping the g/f move and go to the lake :confused:
POWELL :D
we can give you a ride...as for the girlfriend...she'll get over it, sooner or later:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Wakker
all times
Alzheimers
same thing;)
you sir have obviously missed in the rule book around here that you do not make fun of Deb's spelling
Ok, now you get to sit up front in the boat:D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
we can give you a ride...as for the girlfriend...she'll get over it, sooner or later:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Or she could come too:D Is she moving the weekend of the 24th?

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:46 PM
have you ever even been in our boat?!?!
I have yet to receive the official tour of the Scream mobile ;)

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Or she could come too:D Is she moving the weekend of the 24th?
she's moving this saturday....
no biggie, about 3 miles from her current location but she specifically asked for my help since my boat is in the shop and she has to work sunday...
I've been trying to organize a mohave trip the 24th

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:51 PM
You should come:D We won't be there this weekend until Sunday eve...so next weekend would be grand! Did I mention Titties & Beer is coming and Deez Nutz (I don't think they are camping with us, but they will be there................:D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:53 PM
I'd love too....
I have to move in a couple weeks also.
However, must see lake powell before its empty.
Will have to live vicariously through you and your pics/description for this trip I guess...

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
I'd love too....
I have to move in a couple weeks also.
However, must see lake powell before its empty.
Will have to live vicariously through you and your pics/description for this trip I guess...
As long as something REALLY bad happens and I get writers block, that should be no problem;)

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 06:59 PM
ah, so next weekend the 24th you'll still be there....
there is some chance on the face of the earth I could talk people into that...
what is that from here about a 12 hr drive?

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
ah, so next weekend the 24th you'll still be there....
there is some chance on the face of the earth I could talk people into that...
what is that from here about a 12 hr drive?
It is 540 miles from my house....
We drive to Mesquit (more than half way) and then to Lake Powell the next day, usually get there around noon or two.
We have done the one day drive thing, but it TAKES ONE WHOLE DAY, WE GET THERE AT DUSK....:rolleyes:

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 07:07 PM
damn sounds too far for a day trip...
will have to fit it in the schedule after I move to vegas...
get a 4-5 hr head start ;)

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, that will be nice!:D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that will be nice!:D
gave my notice at work today ;)

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:44 PM
and you are moving to Henderson?:D

dicudmore
07-14-2004, 07:46 PM
affirmative....
now if I can just get my boss to agree to let me leave sooner than the end of the month all is well....
I'm thinking if I go back from lunch with a beer in my hand that should seal the deal :D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 08:05 PM
And there is room is our boat as well!:D

superdave013
07-14-2004, 09:02 PM
I saw all the boats there, which one was it?
colors? numbers?
very cool boats
this one. Not a bad looking boat for a 1978 hu?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9Dsc01456-med.jpg

phebus
07-14-2004, 09:05 PM
That is a BEAUTIFULL boat!!!

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 04:25 AM
I remember that one!
They had some really nice old (restored) boats.
I can see Scream getting one of those in the future. I like the ones with the "fake" wood paintjobs:D They are just so classic!
They had lots of racing boats as well.
Debbolas<--------wondering if they would let me drive one if I wore a helmet....lol;)

superdave013
07-15-2004, 04:42 AM
That boat used to pull ski racers back in it's day.
I still might run it in the GN nostalgia class when it's done.
I can only run that class due to the APBA's ban on turbo charged engines. It's over their cubic in limit (engine's to big) also.

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 05:01 AM
That boat used to pull ski racers back in it's day.
I still might run it in the GN nostalgia class when it's done.
I can only run that class due to the APBA's ban on turbo charged engines. It's over their cubic in limit (engine's to big) also.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong...............but I thought your boat engine could never be "too big" LOL:D

superdave013
07-15-2004, 05:22 AM
They slowed the boats down due to people getting hurt.
A few years ago two of the very best boat racers that ever walked both died the same weekend in GN boats. Was a sad day for sure.
So they made an engine size limit and limtted the size of the blowers you could use. They also put a limit on how hard you can turn the blower (limits the boost). They just flat out banned all turbos. The nostalgia class has a speed limit so I could run that one as long as I don't go to fast. Pretty much you put a GPS on the streeing wheel and race that. It's still fun to get out there and run with the other guys. Also the wife won't get as stressed about it and engine will last longer too.
I just want to run at Long Beach because it's got so much history. I've already ran a drag boat at Lake Ming (the home of dragboat racing) a bunch of times. I must run Long Beach at least once just to say I've done it.

WILDERTHANU
07-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Thank you Prime Marine for fixing our boat in time for our trip, I know you guys were really busy. (you guys should see all the cool race boats in their shop) Thanks also for bringing the boat to my house, so I didn't have to attempt to back it into the driveway.
PRIME MARINE IS THE #1 CUSTOM BOAT SHOP IN THE INLAND VALLEY FOR SURE!!! FOLLOW THEIR RACE TEAMS.....
WWW.PRIMEMARINEUSA.COM
http://www.primemarineusa.com/gallery/files/Race_Gallery/Our_Hauler/Prime%20Time%20Hauler.jpg
http://www.primemarineusa.com/gallery/files/Race_Gallery/Preparing_for_Lake_Mead_Ski_Race/boats%20in%20trailer.jpg
http://www.primemarineusa.com/gallery/files/Race_Gallery/Skater_Gallery/skaterontrailer.jpg
http://www.primemarineusa.com/gallery/files/Prime_Marine_Advertisements/schiadaadvertisement.jpg
http://www.primemarineusa.com/gallery/files/Prime_Marine_Advertisements/CatalinaFlyerWeb.jpg

dicudmore
07-15-2004, 06:37 AM
awesome boat superdave :D

phebus
07-15-2004, 07:07 AM
Is that the same Schiada they had out at OP6?

RiverDave
07-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Ok, I am so gratefull for River Dave and Prime Marine. Because of them our "baby" is sitting in the driveway, ready for me to clean the bejesus out of it....
Thanks so much you are the BEST River Dave! You get Turkey Jerky for life, just let me know what flavor you like best!:D
Thank You! Thank You!!
No worries on the Prop Debbolas. :) Let me know how it works out for you guys. It should run pretty good on your boat, or atleast better then a stock merc prop.
P.S. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with having my nam above all those construction worker guys in your signiature. :D
DR

superdave013
07-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Is that the same Schiada they had out at OP6?
No, this has been a compete re-store project that I've been working on for 3 years. It's just now starting to come together. And still has a ways to go. I would like to hit the water by the end of soummer but if it doen't happen oh well.

Spotondl
07-15-2004, 04:08 PM
I remember that one!
They had some really nice old (restored) boats.
I can see Scream getting one of those in the future. I like the ones with the "fake" wood paintjobs:D They are just so classic!
Deb: Those aren't "fake" wood paint jobs... That is real wood...
http://www.mukaikussin.com/boattrippers/images/rich/109-0929_IMG.JPG

RiverDave
07-15-2004, 04:08 PM
That is fuggen awesome.. :)
RD

Debbolas
07-16-2004, 10:33 PM
That is beautiful, I think we need one:D
P.S. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with having my nam above all those construction worker guys in your signiature.
After the Eiffle Tower and Queen Mary and everything....LOL:D
PRIME MARINE IS THE #1 CUSTOM BOAT SHOP IN THE INLAND VALLEY FOR SURE!!! FOLLOW THEIR RACE TEAMS.....
They were just so nice to me and our boat!:D

Beautiful Noise
07-16-2004, 10:36 PM
This is Absolutely Beautiful:D

Debbolas
07-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I had no idea it was real wood!
That is awesome...............(sigh):D

Beautiful Noise
07-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Old wood deck are a rare site I have a friend of mine that has one,Alot of people are starting to restore them:D

h2oski2fast
07-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
This is Absolutely Beautiful:D
Rd is the SH!T, and No I'm not talking about RiverDave (he's cool to but), I'm Talking about the owner of Prime Marine, Randy Davis. He is so down to earth, he makes the homeless seem flamboyant. He's seen in the picture above.

superdave013
07-17-2004, 06:40 AM
I had no idea it was real wood!
If you wanna see how it's done check out this thread. Please don't highjack it though. It's John Millers project that he just completed.
HERE (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15536&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)
From this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1035miller2.jpg
To this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1373P7130001-med.jpg
I would be scared to drive it myself. After all that work could you imagin some dickhead running a sea doo into this thing?

Debbolas
07-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Ok, I promise to be good, I will read only!;)