PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sleep (boring, ramblings)

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 04:20 AM
Ok, I was just awaken by my cat chasing "something" in our closet. (This is the cat that likes to sit on the headboard and play with the wall behind my bed, she tries to climb up it )
I threw pillows at her,yelled, nothing worked. So finally I got out of bed, turned on the light, grabbed the cat (I was kinda gentle) and took her into my daughters room.
I went into the kitchen for a glass of water, and when I came back into my room....There was the cat on the floor watching my sons frog!
The poor frog was just sitting there on the rug. OMG!
(This frog is about 7 years old)
So I very gently picked up the frog and carried him back to his cage.
Well the cat had sat on top of the screen cover (on top of the cage) and the screen was pulled away from the frame on one side. I put the frog back into his waterdish, covered the screen with a box top (so he can't climb out again)
I've checked on the frog and the poor little thing is just sitting there in his water dish.
I just can't help thinking about "what if".........
What if I had got out of bed and stepped on the frog...........
What if he just crawled under the bed and died there...........
What if she used him like she does the thousand toy mice she has and "played with him"....................
What if the dogs found him...................
So now, I can't sleep, I will make my menu for our camping trip.....
Have a great day!:D

LeE ss13
07-15-2004, 04:26 AM
I can't sleep either. My wife and stepson have flown to Europe. Should be landing in Paris about now. He sings in the LA City Wide Christian Choir and will be performing at Cantabury England. We've never been this far apart or this long.

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 04:27 AM
How long are they going to be there?
Wow! Paris, how exciting....My brother loves Paris, wants to move there with his wife and twins (I think I would just like to visit it):D
I've never been to England either..........they should have a good time. Are they going to call you when they land?

SandbarScot
07-15-2004, 04:38 AM
I get up early and lurk the board the boards til the paper comes.:D

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 04:40 AM
They are announcing the Emmy's on TV
(big whoop);)

Huckleberry
07-15-2004, 04:54 AM
Don't worry about sleep! It's WAY overrated! :D

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 04:59 AM
:D

ahhell
07-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Ok, I was just awaken by my cat chasing "something" in our closet. (This is the cat that likes to sit on the headboard and play with the wall behind my bed, she tries to climb up it )
I threw pillows at her,yelled, nothing worked. So finally I got out of bed, turned on the light, grabbed the cat (I was kinda gentle) and took her into my daughters room.
cat=outside pet......rodent extermination device:cool:

LeE ss13
07-15-2004, 05:46 AM
How long are they going to be there?
Wow! Paris, how exciting....My brother loves Paris, wants to move there with his wife and twins (I think I would just like to visit it):D
I've never been to England either..........they should have a good time. Are they going to call you when they land?
I just walked in the door at work and the phone rang. She just called from England. They are on a tour of Windsor Castle. Her cell phone sounded better than if she called from home! It's 2:44 pm there. Cool....
Oh, and Huckleberry, you're right about sleep..... it is after all, just little slices of death !!!

Flyinbowtie
07-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Deb,
I think that cat is going to cause you some misery in the future.
That frog is probably semi-petrified at this point.....

Cheap Thrills
07-15-2004, 07:58 AM
......Lick the toad ....... (http://www.joecartoon.com/pages/stoneflies2/) :D :D click the link ya silly goose :rolleyes:
C.T. :wink:

RiverDave
07-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I just can't help thinking about "what if".........
What if I had got out of bed and stepped on the frog...........
What if he just crawled under the bed and died there...........
What if she used him like she does the thousand toy mice she has and "played with him"....................
What if the dogs found him...................
Well you answered your own question.. :D
I will make my menu for our camping trip.....
Have a great day!:D
Cook em up with a little teriyaki. :)
RD

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well you answered your own question.. :D
Cook em up with a little teriyaki. :)
RD
:yuk:
ewww! Did I mention how old this frog is? (7 years, how old do they live anyway?) I went and got him a new tank (on sale $15), new dirt (there is special frog dirt:D ) and some crickets. So he is happy in his new home. The cat can't get into the room because I closed the door. I just hope he is ok when we get home from Powell.
Gotta go wash my boat ( I so don't feel like moving............):rolleyes: