PDA

View Full Version : Passenger swapped troops thier first clas tix !!

carbonmarine
07-15-2004, 08:09 AM
GOD BLESS !
July 15, 2004
DALLAS (AP) - Eight soldiers flying home from Iraq for two weeks of R&R flew in style instead of coach after first-class passengers offered to swap seats with them.
"The soldiers were very, very happy, and the whole aircraft had a different feeling," flight attendant Lorrie Gammon told The Dallas Morning News in Thursday's editions.
The June 29 seat-swap on American Airlines Flight 866 from Atlanta to Chicago started before boarding, when a businessman approached one of the soldiers and traded his seat.
When the swapping was done, "the other two first-class passengers wanted to give up their seats, too, but they couldn't find any more soldiers," Gammon said.
Another flight attendant, Candi Spradlin, said she was impressed with the acts of good will.
"If nothing else, those soldiers got a great homecoming," she said.
:D

Mrs. Restless22
07-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Im gonna wear a camo outfit on my next plane trip! :D
IN all seriuosness that is very very cool! ;)

spectratoad
07-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Wanna borrow mine? :D That is cool though. It is funny how the media often/never doesn't tell the good things our troops do but in the last year or so of my last 18 I have never had so many strangers walk up to me and shake my hand just to say thank you. It really makes it feel like what you do is noticed and appreciated no matter how some care to try to portray the military and our fight.:D

Kilrtoy
07-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
Im gonna wear a camo outfit on my next plane trip! :D
IN all seriuosness that is very very cool! ;)
What you are goning commando.
i like it....

Coach
07-15-2004, 08:38 AM
A true class act for the soilders who put their lives on the line for us. I am forunate enough to have many of my old students fighting for all of us. So far most have returned safely, but one student from our school was killed last year. When they have returned I always have that feeling I wish I could do something for each of them, I want to take them out for a drink, but none of them are over 21. We need to make a special miliatry drinking age. Great job by the first class passengers on that plane.:)

Keith E. Sayre
07-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Whenever TJ comes home to visit from Qatar in the middle east,
he's mentioned that folks want to shake his hand and say thanks.
He says it was weird at first but really enjoys the gratitude that
is displayed. He comes home this weekend for a visit. Nancy
is sure excited.
I say "hats off" to those at the airport who gave up their seats.
That's what makes America what it is today! God bless our kids
in uniform.
Keith Sayre

rvrtoy
07-15-2004, 02:40 PM
That is awesome!! Do you think Kerry or anyone from the Democratic party would have done the same? Would you have done the same?