PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Residents..

waterwitch
07-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi there..
I was just curious of how many people are actrually
from Havasu that post on this forum.
(I realize this is not a Havasu forum)
Or do most people have summer homes here?
I was just curious.
Thanks
Traci:)

Havasu_Dreamin
07-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Got a vacation home there now that will eventually be my dad's retirement home.

TrojanDan
07-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Summer home??:confused: Hell, I use it Fall, Winter, and Spring too. :D Wish I can call it my full time home but since I make my living in CA, I just visit it at least every other weekend. I'm on the South side off So. McCulloch Blvd. :cool:

Jdbuck
07-15-2004, 08:39 AM
We have a vacation home in Havasu, off of Kiowa and Havasupai. I love going up there year round, always lots to do or its just great to do nothing!

phuggit
07-15-2004, 08:54 AM
We have a place off of Chenoweth. We get out there as much as we can.

OGShocker
07-15-2004, 08:59 AM
We just bought a place through Warlock25 (the best!!) on Churchill Dr. We will be there a lot this year!

Keith E. Sayre
07-15-2004, 09:03 AM
I live here full time down by the lake on Lockheed Bay off of
North Palo Verde and Aviation.
Keith Sayre

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jdbuck
We have a vacation home in Havasu, off of Kiowa and Havasupai. I love going up there year round, always lots to do or its just great to do nothing!
Boy we are neighbors in Cal and in Az I live in chino and I have a house in Havasu off of Havasupai and sombero,

uvindex
07-15-2004, 10:26 AM
I've had a vacation home there for five years, but it is in escrow now. :( I still have two lots in town, and plan to build on them someday. :D

shadow
07-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by phuggit
We have a place off of Chenoweth. We get out there as much as we can.
Where off of Chenoweth?Canterbury Estates?
I also live off of Chenoweth,We live in Canterbury Estates.Fulltime reident,Also have a small mobile home in Parker,Bigbend Resort.

phuggit
07-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Shadow,
Nah. We live on the other side of the tracks. We bought a lot at the Havasu RV Resort, which is on the north side of the 95.
Canterbury's are nice...congrats

RiverPirate
07-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Use it on any weekend of the year that we can get up there. I never realized how nice Havasu is during the winter.-:)

34MagicOnHavasu
07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey OGShocker, if you're on Churchill, i'm right around the corner from you.
I'm on Osage, half way between churchill and oro grande. . .

Jdbuck
07-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Shake, we have probably bumped into each other being so close in both states!! We are two streets up from Havasupai, right off Kiowa. Our place was built in Jan '02 and I am glad we did it when we did or we could not afford to buy right now!

djunkie
07-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Escrow just closed on mine yesterday. Vacation home only though. Its on the south side up off of sunnyridge and Mohican. After its furnished I hope to be there at least twice a month.

TIBURON
07-15-2004, 11:25 AM
vacation spot on Jamaica and Acoma....
Cant wait to go back.....:cool: :cool:

XTRM22
07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by TIBURON
vacation spot on Jamaica and Acoma....
Cant wait to go back.....:cool: :cool:
Hey Tiburon, I drive by your house on my way to Terribles (for coffee) about everyother Sat. morning. :) Our weekend ( hopefully full time someday soon) home is east? of Acoma a couple blocks off Jamaica on Saddleback. We love the house and the neighbors too.
Chuck

waterwitch
07-15-2004, 11:45 AM
I didn't realize how many people lived here,
full or part-time.
Well if you ever see this boat, come say hi.
I have lived here forever and I am always
looking forward to meeting new people.
Especially if you come with a beer!
Jeff and Traci(aka. waterwitch)

TIBURON
07-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by XTRM22
Hey Tiburon, I drive by your house on my way to Terribles (for coffee) about everyother Sat. morning. :) Our weekend ( hopefully full time someday soon) home is east? of Acoma a couple blocks off Jamaica on Saddleback. We love the house and the neighbors too.
Chuck
Cool if you see my boat outside, stop by to say hello. I'm going to be taking a fridge out there to keep in the big garage, so hopefully it'll be fully stocked real soon.

Mr.Havasu
07-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Live here full time since 2002, before that we were week enders since 2000, before that we were vacationers since the early seventies.
I sell Real Estate here now (did the same thing in CALIF for over 20 years) John Details Boats etc. We love it here!

Ivan Dan
07-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I bought a place last year and LOVE going in the fall, winter and spring as well as summer. My place is on Wallingford off of Oro Grande and Saratoga. The pool is about 3/4's done and should be swimming in it in the next 2-3 weeks. CAN'T WAIT!!

Sun burners
07-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I bought a house in HAVASU a couple years back,
Figured I would party untill they took it away!
I just broke ground on my second home being built just to my needs! Garage with a house attached!
HAVASU not just for boating!
Like others said there are things going on all year long!
The only down side is its about a 4hour drive!

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 01:22 PM
we have a house on sheanwater and marlin .. just off bermuda..
we are there as much as possible.. even if we don't take the boat out.;)

Krumbsnatcher
07-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I love my house, except for the losers that constantly are messing with my property. Just got a water bill for over $300, it seems some jackass decided to run my water over the weekend.
This was after 34MagicOnHavasu checked on my place.
Thanks Craig.

Garrddogg
07-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Building a little southwestern there now.gonna put in a salt water pool:D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
I love my house, except for the losers that constantly are messing with my property. Just got a water bill for over $300, it seems some jackass decided to run my water over the weekend.
That sucks! The biggest problem we ahve is the kids riding their bikes through the gravel front yard and leaving bike tracks.

RP1
07-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Have a lot... start building late this year.

Ivan Dan
07-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Force 26
Building a little southwestern there now.gonna put in a salt water pool:D
Salt water pool is the only way to go....thats what we are putting in our pool that is about 3/4's done.

welk2party
07-15-2004, 02:35 PM
What is the average cost per sq. foot for construction out there to build a home?

Advantage Adam
07-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Shadow,
I also live in the Canturbury Estates. I live on Sutton St. What street do you live on?
Adam

shadow
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Advantage Adam
Shadow,
I also live in the Canturbury Estates. I live on Sutton St. What street do you live on?
Adam
Surrey Hills at the top corner house.Usually a white excursion in the drive.You have probablly heard my Harley running around.Stop over for a beer sometime.
Darrell

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I would love to have a little piece of property on the lake/river.
I was looking at lots/places in Needles when we had our "prop" incident....
Maybe Someday.....:rolleyes:

slowinhavasu
07-15-2004, 03:23 PM
we live here full time....Around the corner Havasu_Dreamin, in the low rent area....
Hey Ivan Dan, did you check out A salt water pool here in havasu first ??? I heard they get a funky smell, like dirty socks ??? We went with a regular type pool... Just wondering....
Look for us in H_D boat till we get our pontoon back together...,
be safe

XtrmWakeborder
07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
why would anyone get a salt water pool? never heard of it. ive heard of those pools with the mineral water before "smell horrible" but not salt

Advantage Adam
07-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Sounds good Darrell

shadow
07-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Advantage Adam
Shadow,
Adam
Adam is Sutton st. the little cul de sac off of the first phase?
If thats yours Great location!

ChumpChange
07-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Escrow Closes for my brand new vacation house next Tuesday! No more towing to Havasu and back.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Jdbuck
Shake, we have probably bumped into each other being so close in both states!! We are two streets up from Havasupai, right off Kiowa. Our place was built in Jan '02 and I am glad we did it when we did or we could not afford to buy right now!
You got that right, i paid 8500 for the lot and it cost me 84500 to have the custom house built in 94. My neighbor sold his house which is smaller that mine and i have a better lake view with wooden floors and a fireplace (winter use only) He got almost 300 grand for it :eek:, Mine will be paid off in 12 years of sooner I just owe 65 on it now :D

34MagicOnHavasu
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey Krumb,
your rocks were looking a little dry. i figured you were watering them for a reason. . . ha ha

uncle larry
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Full Time..
been here for 4 years
came out from s. cal to semi-retire...
instead I hooked up with todd at Jokers wild..
came here to be a writer...
Now I write about boats and havasu..
and help run the regatta';s...
damn life is good.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by uncle larry
Full Time..
been here for 4 years
came out from s. cal to semi-retire...
instead I hooked up with todd at Jokers wild..
came here to be a writer...
Now I write about boats and havasu..
and help run the regatta';s...
damn life is good.....
:eek: so now do we need to watch what we say.. LOL!!:D

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:00 PM
I gotta get something out there dangit!

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
I gotta get something out there dangit!
there is a house for sale down the st. from us with a pool.
I think they were asking. $ 215,000.00 and it is 4 bedroom.. I don't know about the garage though.. ;)

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
there is a house for sale down the st. from us with a pool.
I think they were asking. $ 215,000.00 and it is 4 bedroom.. I don't know about the garage though.. ;)
Well the garage is a deal breaker. Need at least 45' deep. But I am interested if you can remodel without any hassels from HOA or the like. Is it a nice place?

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:05 PM
How is the snow bird market out there? Anyone know?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Well the garage is a deal breaker. Need at least 45' deep. But I am interested if you can remodel without any hassels from HOA or the like. Is it a nice place?
it's an older house it's not new.. Michele can probably bring it up on the puter.. I know it sets back far and it has a huge front yard.. two houses down.. :D

slowinhavasu
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
uncle Larry,
You are doing worse than me for being semi retired.....
lets see, I work on roofs every day on air conditioners, you work in Todds house during the week,OH, and on the lake all weekend.....
what a life. :yuk:

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Snow bird market is great. I didn't do it last year but this year for sure. I already got someone lined up to stay there. My neighbor says there is a list at the realtors office of people looking for fully furnished places.

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:08 PM
it's an older house it's not new.. Michele can probably bring it up on the puter.. I know it sets back far and it has a huge front yard.. two houses down.. :D
Is there HOA or anything? Can you remodel without any hassels?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
since we've had the house we go up in the winter also.. :eek: :D

welk2party
Originally posted by copperrat20
Snow bird market is great. I didn't do it last year but this year for sure. I already got someone lined up to stay there. My neighbor says there is a list at the realtors office of people looking for fully furnished places.
That is the only way I can make the numbers work I think. Rent it out for half the year.

MRS FLYIN VEE
Is there HOA or anything? Can you remodel without any hassels?
i'm prety sure you can.. I don't think there is an HOA .. we don't have one.. so I assume there isn't.;)

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:10 PM
welk2party, that house sounds like a pretty good deal. The house accross the street from mine is only a 1800sf. 3bd. 2ba. house for 269k. garage is only 32ft. deep. 2car 1rv garage.

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:12 PM
That is the only way I can make the numbers work I think. Rent it out for half the year.
Well and you got to think, once you buy the place, and I didn't expect this to happen, friends talk to other friends and before you know it you got people calling you asking you when you aren't going to use the place so that they could rent it. Now I only rent to people I know that way I can trust them.

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey V, are you going this weekend? If so, can you let me know if it's still for sale? I might have to fly out there next week.
Copper...you may be right. My friends are always asking where to stay at the lake.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey V, are you going this weekend? If so, can you let me know if it's still for sale? I might have to fly out there next week.
Copper...you may be right. My friends are always asking where to stay at the lake.
we are not going this weekend but I can ask Michele to bring it up (warlock 25) if you want me too. she's real good to everyone.. ;)

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Yeah you'd be surprised. I didn't think that would happen but it did. I told my friends free and someone set up a house tip jar. Friends make sure they tell their other friends to leave a tip. I don't expect it but they leave money anyway. Normally for a group of four they leave like 300 bucks for the weekend.

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:20 PM
we are not going this weekend but I can ask Michele to bring it up (warlock 25) if you want me too. she's real good to everyone.. ;)
Only if it is convenient for ya. How close is the lake. Can you see it from the backyard?

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah you'd be surprised. I didn't think that would happen but it did. I told my friends free and someone set up a house tip jar. Friends make sure they tell their other friends to leave a tip. I don't expect it but they leave money anyway. Normally for a group of four they leave like 300 bucks for the weekend.
Same deal my friend had with his Bullhead river house. Everyone chip in for the house cleaner and all good. Around $300. Not bad for like 6 to 10 people.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Only if it is convenient for ya. How close is the lake. Can you see it from the backyard?
yes.. you can see it.. it is straight up mcculloch and left on bermuda ;) I will p.m michele and see what she can do.;)

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:23 PM
yes.. you can see it.. it is straight up mcculloch and left on bermuda ;) I will p.m michele and see what she can do.;)
What a doll!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:24 PM
What a doll!:D
ah shuks.. blushing.. :o ;)

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Same deal my friend had with his Bullhead river house. Everyone chip in for the house cleaner and all good. Around $300. Not bad for like 6 to 10 people.
And like memorial day when I didn't go- I rented it to my brother in law and his college friends for 1250 for three days. My payment is only 600. Shit can't do much better than that. I say buy it. Agreed I payed less for my place than you would pay for that.

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:26 PM
You make a strong case Copper. Plus the bennies of livining next to hairless cat!:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:27 PM
You make a strong case Copper. Plus the bennies of livining next to hairless cat!:cool:
:eek: party like rock stars.. :D :D

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Hell yeah. What year is that house. All I can say about mine is I fell into this deal and got damn lucky.

TCHB
07-15-2004, 05:28 PM
We have a second home in Havasu and spend a lot of time there year round. We had a place on the Parker Strip for a long time and sold out for Havasu.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure what year it is but it is an older house.. ours is the new one on the block.

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:30 PM
What street is it on?

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by TCHB
We have a second home in Havasu and spend a lot of time there year round. We had a place on the Parker Strip for a long time and sold out for Havasu.
I am going to do the opposite. I got some good equity in this place. So I wan't to wait until the end of the year, sell it to my sister and buy a place in the keys in parker.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
What street is it on?
it is two houses from us on Sheanwater lane.. ;)

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:33 PM
That is right there off of kiowa st. isn't it? Do you have an address? I could go take a peek for you welk2party. See if it's still up?

welk2party
07-15-2004, 05:36 PM
That is right there off of kiowa st. isn't it? Do you have an address? I could go take a peek for you welk2party. See if it's still up?
Cool. Love the boards. My wife is telling everyone that I belong to a boating club. More like a family it would seem.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:36 PM
our address is 165 and it is on the same side of the street. ;)
just before the culdesac;)

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
How did you know how much they wanted?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:38 PM
they had a flyer and I was nosey.. LOL!!someone picked one up from the house and put it on my counter.. :D

copperrat20
07-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't know 215,000 sounds like alot for a shack to me but I will go take a look in a while. Now let me brag, my place is right behind carl's jr. on popago. it's great for all those got the munchies can't drive cause I'm too drunk nights. The only problems I have had is every time we go down we party and the cops show up. Problem number 2 is the construction accross the street is leaving a hell of alot of black marks in my brand new driveway. I asked them not to pull on the concrete with their trucks, to just pull on the rock drive that goes all the way to the backyard. So that is my bragging and bitching all together.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't say it's a shack.. it's just not a new house.. ;)

slowinhavasu
07-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I know this is off the subject but....
If you locals need a good Air conditioning Co. Call Kool-Wave A/C
855-5665....ask them to send Carey
And if you need a GREAT hair dresser Call my wife Jeanine @ 486-9839 Men and Women....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by slowinhavasu
And if you need a GREAT hair dresser Call my wife Jeanine @ 486-9839 Men and Women....
I have a question.. do you know anything about a airconditioner that is portable say for a garage. ;)

HavasuHome
07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by slowinhavasu
SSSSPPPAAAAMMMMM:D :D :D :D

BoatPI
07-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Office and pool, not always in that order. I can work from the pool with the cordless phone.

phebus
07-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Were off Jamaica between Corvair and Saratoga. If the flag is flying, the beer is cold. Stop by.

SoCalOffshore
07-15-2004, 09:35 PM
I have a lot at the Refuge. We are working on the house plans.

nextasex
07-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
You got that right, i paid 8500 for the lot and it cost me 84500 to have the custom house built in 94. My neighbor sold his house which is smaller that mine and i have a better lake view with wooden floors and a fireplace (winter use only) He got almost 300 grand for it :eek:, Mine will be paid off in 12 years of sooner I just owe 65 on it now :D
Shakeyoazz, we may become very close neighbors in the near future!
Frank

nyeti
07-15-2004, 10:36 PM
My vacation condo backs up to the channel on the island.......life is good.

dkreuzen
07-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Full time for 4 years. North side, near Avalon and Palo Verde North.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by nextasex
Shakeyoazz, we may become very close neighbors in the near future!
Frank
Sounds like fun where will you be moving too

RiverRatMike
07-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey this is RVRGIRL. We live in Havasu full-time. We have a house off of Buena Vista & Chiricahua. By the "New Bashas".

nextasex
07-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Sounds like fun where will you be moving too
If everything goes well, I should be there in the middle of August. House is on WinterHaven.
Frank

WaterBox
07-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
why would anyone get a salt water pool? never heard of it. ive heard of those pools with the mineral water before "smell horrible" but not salt
I think what they are refurring to as a salt water pool is a salt chlorination system, They work great. What happens is you put a few bags of salt in your pool, [ about 4- 40 pound bags for a 15.000 gal. pool] When the system is running, it sends the water through a cell that has plates in it that looks like the plates in a car battery, there is a small elect. charge that go's through it and it turns the salt content to natural chlorine. And this type chlorine won't bleach out your swim wear or make your hair turn green. And it doesn't burn my eyes either, They say that the corect salt content in the pool is about the same that is in a human tear. My system works great. No bad smell's :D Here is a pic. of mine

WaterBox
07-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I've lived here full time for about 10 years now. [ Love It.] Live over on Caribbean close to the golf course.:D

H20NUT
07-17-2004, 09:25 AM
34MagiconHavasu, we also live half way down Osage. Do you have an all white boat? We bought our house in April of 2003.

SoCalOffshore
07-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Great landscaping Waterbox.

TOBTEK
07-17-2004, 10:14 AM
wow....THATS REALLY COOL OF YOUR FRIENDS! CAN I borrow your friends, mine are all MOOCHES:( , Im ALLWAYS flipin the bill, maybe just need new friends.

Essex502
07-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Weekended on the south end near the new Basha's off of Oro Grande. There every two weeks all year long...as someone said...beautiful in the winter. Building another house there right now as well.

TRIMM MANN
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
I try to go three weekends a month if possible in the summer and two weekends a month in the winter. Love it there year round.
Have a house lake side of 95 off of Palo Verde North.
Love it....problem is never want to come home on Sunday:D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by TRIMM MANN
I try to go three weekends a month if possible in the summer and two weekends a month in the winter. Love it there year round.
Have a house lake side of 95 off of Palo Verde North.
Love it....problem is never want to come home on Sunday:D
I know what you mean

34MagicOnHavasu
07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
yep, all white 34' magic. we're at 3840 osage. will be there this weekend.

TRIMM MANN
07-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I know what you mean
Shake,
You going up this weekend, if that's your boat in your avater
I'e seen a lot.

Essex502
07-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Yep....it's hard getting into the car to come home....once I'm home it's alright - it's just that drive back from LHC that sucks! Well...10 more days and I'll be back.