PDA

View Full Version : Lakers buy Kobe 42' Skater to stay with team

hot_diggity_dog
07-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I guess he is staying with the Lakers.
HDD:cool:

MagicMtnDan
07-15-2004, 11:22 AM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - After weeks of speculation, Kobe Bryant will remain with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Both the Los Angeles Times and ESPN reported the star couldn't pass up the Lakers' 6-year, $136 million offer.

rvrtoy
07-15-2004, 11:24 AM
But who are they going to put with him to replace Shaq? I think the Lakers have made a couple of BIG mistakes. What do the Laker fans think?

hot_diggity_dog
07-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
But who are they going to put with him to replace Shaq? I think the Lakers have made a couple of BIG mistakes. What do the Laker fans think?
As a Laker fan I think we didn't have a choice, so we will live with what we have for players.
It looks like we will have one chef in the kitchen now and the meals should be a lot better.
Shaq was just one man of a team of five.

riverbound
07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
What do the Laker fans think?
Laker fans think?:confused:

TIBURON
07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
I live in L.A.
$136 million !!! Give me a break.
I'm gonna start taking my 3 year old to the gym to get him started.

hot_diggity_dog
07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Forensic
Shaq was just one man on a team of five but Kobe plays like he is a team of one.
Forensic
Kinda my point there, they both couldn't exist on the same team.
And to top it off Shaq is just as selfish, he turned down the Lakers offer to make him the highest paid player in the league.
These pro's complain about only making 30 million fo one season.

Mr.Havasu
07-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Didn't they get three players and a first round draft pick? Who knows what they might get with the pick.

Jrocket
07-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Shows how stupid they are,I would of got the 46 flat deck.:D

Sandbar Mike
07-15-2004, 11:55 AM
WHY SHOULD JERRY BUSS PAY SHAQ 30MILLION A YR TO WORK PART TIME.
I THINK IT WAS A GOOD MOVE.
WELCOME TO THE KOBE SHOW:p :D
I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD HAVE TRADED HIM AFTER THE 2003 PLAYOFF FLOP, THEY COULD HAVE SWOPPED HIM LAST YEAR FOR TRACEY MGRADY,
I THINK WE'LL HAVE A STRONGER TEAM TO COME.

dirty old man
07-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I liked Shaq for his presence, but the Lakers are going to be better off. Do you think they'll cut ticket and beer prices now?

Boat Loan Guy
07-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Its all good as long as Kobe is not playing for the Denver correctional team....

welk2party
07-15-2004, 12:32 PM
I think we should have traded him last year, but the Lakers opted to do a playoff run instead of building. Now, they have decided to clean house and rebuild for the future. We got some great players for Shaq plus a first round draft pick. The Lakers will survive and likely come out in good shape. In the meantime, the Eastern Conference gains some talent and will make for a better overall league.

Brian Ray
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
It's to bad Kobe decided to stay....I get tired of him hogging the ball. Now he doesn't have a reason to pass the ball now that Shaq is gone. Welcome to the Kobe show......

mbrown2
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Does Skater even make a 42"....
Think we screwed up in pissing Shaq off and pretty much saying Kobe was the francise...could have had them both still here if management would have handled the situation better......You can find another Kobe (read: TMAC or Lebron James in a couple) and although he is older, you can't find another Shaq.

Jordy
07-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I think he should name it "Date Rape" :D :D :D
I wonder if they have a contingency plan if he ends up being convicted and going to the big house to have a little date rape fun of his own? :cool: :eek: :)

dmontzsta
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Lakers = FASTBREAK TEAM!

v-drive
07-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I wonder if they have a contingency plan if he ends up being convicted and going to the big house to have a little date rape fun of his own? :eek: :)
you just watch that girl and her mother walk away with pockets full of money. it will be the Laker org. that gives it up to.
:cool:v-drive

R-Babe
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
I think we should have traded him last year, but the Lakers opted to do a playoff run instead of building. Now, they have decided to clean house and rebuild for the future. We got some great players for Shaq plus a first round draft pick. The Lakers will survive and likely come out in good shape. In the meantime, the Eastern Conference gains some talent and will make for a better overall league.
Exactly!;)

cdog
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
After you take a Shaq......Don't forget to wipe your Kobe!:D :D :D
I refuse to put a penny in those over paid A- holes pockets for putting a ball through a hoop.

Kilrtoy
07-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I wonder if they have a contingency plan if he ends up being convicted and going to the big house to have a little date rape fun of his own? :cool: :eek: :)
Jordy beat me to it

tcook33
07-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Kobe's the man. Shaq's over the hill. Good move on Jerry's end. He's a smart guy. They will have a great team. Watch out for Peja, Iverson, maybe even Vlade..........

roostwear
07-15-2004, 02:05 PM
The Lakers should have shitcanned both of them and started rebuilding with a few good draft picks in the bank. Kobe being a Clipper is a non issue..... the Clippers kill talent. Will they still have to pay Kobe a salary when he's in jail?

tcook33
07-15-2004, 02:08 PM
We all know he's not goin to jail.
Kobe would get booed off the court if he went to the clips. At least, I would boo.

Hallett19
07-15-2004, 02:31 PM
where did someone hear they bought him a boat ???

roostwear
07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by tcook33
We all know he's not goin to jail.
That's what they said about Tyson....:D

Dawn Patrol
07-15-2004, 02:48 PM
The whole weight of the team lays on Kobe's back now. Let see the Lakers put together a fast team, the triangle was boring.
Bye Shaq, you were good but if you kept in shape and learned how to shoot free throws, you would have been the Greatest, well one of them.

hot_diggity_dog
07-15-2004, 07:26 PM
+ 136MIL aint to bad!
HDD:D

dmontzsta
07-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
That's what they said about Tyson....:D
Tyson also raped 3 women and beat the living shit out of them, how do you get off with that when their faces are all busted to shit? :)

ahhell
07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
136mil/19282 seats/6yrs/82games=$14.33 per ticket just to pay forONE players salary...i'll give you 10 bucks....INSANE

dmontzsta
07-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
136mil/19282 seats/6yrs/82games=$14.33 per ticket just to pay forONE players salary...i'll give you 10 bucks....INSANE
good math, that is insane...but they also get paid in marketing, merchandising and many many other things.

shueman
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
NOBODY IS WORK THAT MUCH, NOBODY, to play a frickin' game...
when they finish last in their division next year, let's see how many fans they have.....left...
Do they have basketball courts in Lompoc..?? Does he get still paid while he's doin' time..??

PlyaPlya22
07-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
As a Laker fan I think we didn't have a choice, so we will live with what we have for players.
It looks like we will have one chef in the kitchen now and the meals should be a lot better.
Shaq was just one man of a team of five.
HDD...I think he was the backbone

Bow Tie Omega
07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
The Lakers are a much better Team without Shaq, and I emphasize TEAM. The Lakers lost many scoring opportunities throughout the years, once opposing teams figured that if they fouled Shaq, he would have to go to the free throw line and miss most of his free throws, especially in the fourth quarter. THis will be an entirely new team with an entirely new look, I will bet that Mr. Fisher will take a serious look at the new and I believe improved LA Lakers and choose to sign with them if he can get similar compensation to what Golden State is offering. I really think that Shaq is on the down turn in his career, and the NBA as a whole has figured out how take Shaq out of the game.

dmontzsta
07-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
The Lakers are a much better Team without Shaq, and I emphasize TEAM. The Lakers lost many scoring opportunities throughout the years, once opposing teams figured that if they fouled Shaq, he would have to go to the free throw line and miss most of his free throws, especially in the fourth quarter. THis will be an entirely new team with an entirely new look, I will bet that Mr. Fisher will take a serious look at the new and I believe improved LA Lakers and choose to sign with them if he can get similar compensation to what Golden State is offering. I really think that Shaq is on the down turn in his career, and the NBA as a whole has figured out how take Shaq out of the game.
I totally agree, they were beat by the Pistons. :(