PDA

View Full Version : Trying to air it out

Bryan Rose
07-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Heres the picture, Boat was running about 75mph in this picture, Had the wife take some pictures today and she is a liitle shakey with the camera.
Any how I was trying to see if the hull is getting aired out and se how it rides in the water. Boat takes a good set solid , but can feel it loosen up at higher speeds. Diverter is set at 2 notches from the top ( sweet spot for speed ) , any way to air this hull out some more or is it shoe time? What do you think?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/766DSC02073-med.JPG

BrendellaJet
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
That doesn't look too bad to me! Like was said on you other thread, a shoe could help. Im betting it would give you some transom lift if you went with a back cut shoe, but judging by how deep a "V" that hull is, transom lift could be a bad thing? But a standard shoe with the proper depth and a loader to accompany it could produce more speed, and your intake/loader now COULD BE dragging a little. Have you checked the set up on those yet?

TIMINATOR
07-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Add more horsepower! (but thats my answer to everything). TIMINATOR

Bryan Rose
07-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Geez over 200 hits and only two replies , guess not to many people have an answer, By the way thanks Brendella and Timinator, shoe is next but adding mo ponies will wait till next season.........
Bryan

Squirtin Thunder
07-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Tim has a very good point Horses will always help out.
Jim

Kachina26
07-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Bryan Rose
Geez over 200 hits and only two replies ,
Bryan
Some of those views were from us I/O guys who only have to wonder about shoe time if the beach looks a little rocky.;)

Bryan Rose
07-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Some of those views were from us I/O guys who only have to wonder about shoe time if the beach looks a little rocky.;)
Thats good.....LOL

TIMINATOR
07-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Not to be a smartass(I am you know!), but any thing you do to the pump or setup will have less effect with less HP. Seen it a bunch of times, below 70 mph or so the pump/ setup stuff will give marginal or no gains, the faster you are the more difference you get. I have seen numerous shoe/rideplate/droop additions below 65 mph gain NOTHING!!! If you spend a lot of time on setup with the HP you have now, MOST of it will likely change when you step up the HP. Do the simple/ cheap stuff now,add the HP, then do the setup once. HP will make you faster,pump stuff might....... as I have said countless times: the pump guy says you need pump work, the bottom guy says you need bottom work,the motor guy says you need more motor. We do it ALL, IN HOUSE! COMPLETE ENGINE SHOP,FAB SHOP!! Maybe that makes me more objective. Maybe not..... TIMINATOR

Bryan Rose
07-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Timinator
I somewhat agree with what you are saying, I can see how a boat than runs 65 may not respond to set up changes as much as a boat that runs 80. My boat runs a consistant 80 plus on any given day , pretty respectable for a lake jet I must say. Mind you this is with just basic set up attempts and no real help from anyone except reading any info I can and using some logic. I would say that a boat running 80 plus would be a good candidate for trying to get it set up properly and that it should respond well to set up adjustments . I know more ponies is a good answer but it really does not have much to do with hardware set up, am I wrong here? I would think that I could benefit from everyone else expertice here. As for more ponies I have an NOS set up right here by my desk ready to install and put an extra 150 -250-hp shot to my motor, I built it to eventually run NOS, the motor is all forged componants. The point I was after was to see how dry my hull is running, thus the pictures, if it is possible to air it out some more with a shoe great , if it is riding high enough without the shoe even better, then I can put a preassure guage on the intake and begin playing with different loaders and the NOS , so with all that said thanks for the help and have great day. After all I'm just a dumb ol Georgia boy....
Bryan:)

Floored
07-17-2004, 02:41 PM
for a V-bottom you are out of the water pretty good already. try the "juice" and get another picture then compare, kinda a before and after and see if its lifting more or not.