PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question...

Jordy
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
While my v-drive is down I'm reworking some stuff on my yellow boat. Basically, ditched the OT headers in favor of some Bassett TT's (thanks Disco :D ), ditched the spring t-ball crap and picked up a Banderlog valve, and some other little deals that needed to be addressed.
I'm running off the pump -10 into a regulator and then up to a block that splits the -10 to separate -8's and into the engine via the water pump inlets. That part I have figured out.
With the old setup I had a housing with no thermostat with two -8 lines running out of the intake manifold. One went to the Bassett T and then on to the headers, the other went to a gate valve and then overboard. The gate valve was run 90% open and it ran great temperature wise.
With the new Banderlog vavle, I'm pulling water right off the pump, before the regulator, and the out the headers. This means that I will only have one line coming off the intake manifold to an overboard. I was thinking about running it to a bung in the headers about 4" from the tip and then it would just go out one of the exhaust tips. Is there any harm in that or should I just leave it on the through hull bung and not tempt fate by introducing any water into the exhaust?
Is that one -8 line coming off the intake going to be enough or should I run another overboard where the line to the header T valve used to be? I can't see the headers relieving that much water out of the block with the little bit of water they used to pull, but at the same time I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Thoughts?

Oldsquirt
07-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Jordy, when I installed my Banderlog, I simply plugged that port on the water outlet housing. Only difference between your setup and mine is that I use a -10 for my dump line and I have no regulator. I still have a valve on the dump line and I run it partly closed. My guess is that you will be just fine with the single -8 dump.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Do I smell the ol' yeller comming out of hibernation:D :D I hope you will be back at saguaro because we will be there shortly. I am thinking about trading in the 455 olds boat for my down payment for a new esca-LAID:D :D Dont worry jory you will see me out there in one of our 3 jets with the tail up;) ;) you can count on that!
"The other Eastside Boy":D :D

460 jus getn it
07-15-2004, 08:21 PM
i smell trouble:D :D :D
"HOLLA AT YOUR BOY"

Rexone
07-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Thoughts?
Get your vdrive fixed. :D

Rexone
07-16-2004, 12:58 AM
If you run one -8 out watch it closely at first to make sure its not gonna overheat.
Personally I like the 4 port thermostat setup but I'm probably a little bias.

Jordy
07-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I figured that would be your response. :D
I never had a problem with it getting hot in the old setup. With the pressure regulator it ran 170 most the time and would get up 190-200 on a long run. I just want to make sure that I'm not creating more problems. Worst case, I add another -8 line to dump more water out. ;)
As far as the v-drive, I'm going to tear it all down and have it regelled and then re-rig it like I want it done. At this stage in the game it makes more sense than pulling it out and killing myself to get it all back together only to pull it all back apart in a couple months and have the gel redone. At least this way I'll have a running boat, even if it is just a jet. :D :D :D

78Eliminator
07-16-2004, 06:49 AM
As far as the v-drive, I'm going to tear it all down and have it regelled and then re-rig it like I want it done. At this stage in the game it makes more sense than pulling it out and killing myself to get it all back together only to pull it all back apart in a couple months and have the gel redone. At least this way I'll have a running boat, even if it is just a jet. :D :D :D
Are you going to keep the rainbow letters on the side so people "know" about you? ;) :D

Jordy
07-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Nope, I'm actually going to do the same gel that RD did on Bubbles and that SD has on his 20' Schiada. :D

78Eliminator
07-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Nope, I'm actually going to do the same gel that RD did on Bubbles and that SD has on his 20' Schiada. :D
No shit? That's going to look sweet! If you do the inside, take it to Designer Interiors and tell them that Justin sent you.....

Jordy
07-16-2004, 07:20 AM
No, I'm not really going to do it like the Dave's. Just thought if SD was reading this I might get a reaction. :D :D :D
It will probably be something along those lines though, white base, grey and yellow stripe, timeless Schiada lines. Might put a purple pinstripe around one of the colors, as the interior is white and has purple piping. That way I wouldn't have to redo the interior as it's in really good shape.

78Eliminator
07-16-2004, 07:29 AM
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Beautiful Noise
07-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Jordy what are you a V-Drive Guy OR a Jet Guy:confused: Make Up your Mind:rolleyes: :D :D

MudPumper
07-16-2004, 07:47 AM
I did the same thing. I used to have one -8 overboard and another -8 to the Bassett T out of the thermostat housing. My banderlog is right off the pump inlet before my reducing valve and I blocked off the old header line. So now only one -8 overboard dump. I run 28psi block pressure and about 140deg temp, with no problems.

Sleek-Jet
07-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Jordy what are you a V-Drive Guy OR a Jet Guy:confused: Make Up your Mind:rolleyes: :D :D
I'm thinking Jordy swings both ways. :D :D

Jordy
07-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Just depends on which one is running. My jet is still faster than my blown v-drive though, if that tells you anything. :D

78Eliminator
07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Just depends on which one is running. My jet is still faster than my blown v-drive though, if that tells you anything. :D
That ought to get you some interesting comments..... ;)