PDA

View Full Version : Blood Drive

JustMVG
07-16-2004, 05:39 AM
As you may or may not know the Southland is in need of blood, so 95.5 KLOS one of the local radio stations is having a blood drive, the cool thing is that you'll get a free ticket to OZ FEST, a heavy metal concert, sure they are just general admission(Lawn Seats)and a commemorative Tshirt but you'd be helping out , i'll have, along with my friend our motorhomes at the concert stop by , have a beer or mixed drink or? what ever the hell you want, wear your favorite boating shirt take a pic post it here if you can what the hell right? If you go to the following link you can go to any one of the centers and give blood, if you've given before that is so cool, I normally don't ask for much but hey it's just a pint of blood , but that pint can go along ways, if you have never donated, well it's about time you did!! I don't work for the station now but did in the past, i'll be donating at the Ontario Donor center, it will be much appreciated , and lifesaving as well, any of you who would like to meet and do this as a group we can get some pics post them ... and the rest is history, check out the link decide whats best for you and get an appt, if you don't have ne they'll work you in. It's easy to donate, heres the link:http://www.955klos.com/viewentry.asp? go to the blood drvie section and make an appointment. ID=305051&PT=onaircrew
Hope to see you at the concert drop by say Hi and if you can't or just plain don't like the music thats fine at least you donated and got the tshirt. Thanks Mike VG PM me if youd like and we'll get more info on where we'll be at the concert so we can have a little pre party/concert action.
Mike Van Gompel

LOLLYGAGIN
07-16-2004, 06:59 AM
I'll do it.:)

JustMVG
07-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Thats great Lollygaggin, Thanks.

coolchange
07-16-2004, 08:46 AM
As a blood donor recepient I'd like to thank all past and future donors. There was a time in my life that I was very sick and had a lot of transfusions ( I lost count at thirty units). They didn't think I would make it. But tell me I CAN'T do something then watch me do it. That was 18 years, a wife and 2 kids ago.
Blood donors give the gift of life.