PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern: The King of all media?

HighRoller
07-16-2004, 09:41 AM
NOT! My friend (A more liberally minded guy) and I were talking and we got onto the subject of radio shows. He said Howard Stern was the biggest talk show host in America and I told him he was wrong. My assertion was that Rush Limbaugh was the number one guy in radio.
As I predicted, Rush Limbaugh dwarfs Stern in every category. While Howard claims to be the King, his 100 stations(and declining) is nothing compared to over 600 for Rush. Also, Rush has a 10 year deal worth between 280 and 300 million, while Stern makes about 200 million in the same period. Finally, Rush's audience varies from between 16 and 18 million weekly while Stern's is 8-10 million. Surprisingly, Sean Hannity's audience is also larger than Stern's at 14-16 million weekly.
So I guess we know who the real King is in radio...I can't wait to call my buddy and rub it in!!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Howard Stern sucks.. I can't stand that guy.. sorry just my 2 cents.;)

RiverOtter
07-16-2004, 09:44 AM
I quit watching/listening to Stern a long time ago. Same stuff over and over. Just got boring!

MagicMtnDan
07-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Howard Stern has turned on his audience and he's now joined the other whining liberal America-haters.
F Howard Stern. He won't ever be on my radios or TVs again.

HighRoller
07-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Oh, forgot to mention his listening audience has declined at an average of 11% over the last three years so I guess you guys aren't the only ones who think his schtick is used up! He has promised to "deliver" the White House to Senator Scary. Good luck, Howie!

Outnumbered
07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
I always thought he was a looser. Never liked his show. I guess everyone is now seeing what a real dirtbag he always has been. He should retire while he is still in the game.
OL

CARGUY
07-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I used to listen to him but now I refuse to. All he does is bitch for 4-5 hours a day about how Bush and everyone else is out to get him. He is a f'ing cry baby. He always says he is done but doesn't have the ba**s and is too f'ing greedy to hang it up.
Just my 02

Jordy
07-16-2004, 01:54 PM
I used to listen to him religiously when he was still married. Once he and Allison went through the big D, it was all down hill. Poor me, poor this, money this, money that...
Now it's the same deal but instead of divorce it's politics. B-o-o H-o-o.

mirvin
07-16-2004, 02:01 PM
THe thing that nobody realizes it that Rush also has a pretty big audience in the democrats.......seriously.
mirvin

Jordy
07-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Probably along the same lines of the people who hate Howard and still listen. At least back in the day.

HCS
07-16-2004, 02:20 PM
The guy bores me.

CA Stu
07-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I used to listen to him religiously when he was still married. Once he and Allison went through the big D, it was all down hill. Poor me, poor this, money this, money that...
Now it's the same deal but instead of divorce it's politics. B-o-o H-o-o.
Me too.
Lost a lot of respect for him, and now every other word on the show is "I".
Still listen in from time to time, but only if there's nothing else going on.
XM radio channel 150 is the comedy channel, and it's very good at times. Not shackled by the FCC, so it's a lot more raunchy, too.
The world doesn't revolve around Stern, but with his crew of fawning sycophants, you can't really blame him for thinking it does.
Artie Lange sure is a funny MoFo, though.
Thanks
CA Stu

HighRoller
07-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Yeah, from the very limited exposure I've had I thought Artie was 10 times funnier than Howard. And whenever Artie says something really funny, Howard keeps on that subject trying to make funnier remarks for 10 minutes.(And usually fails) As far as Rush having a big Democrat audience, the info I got was that 7% of his audience was liberal. That equals almost 2 million who you know for sure are Dems, not to mention the middle of the roaders who might be.

PlyaPlya22
07-17-2004, 11:50 AM
I'll stick with Tom Leykis

rvrtoy
07-17-2004, 12:43 PM
I have not been able to stand his whinney dribble for years. I f I want to listen to whinning, I'll go home and listen to my kids!!
There are much better talk radio morning shows around. In the SD market DSC is a good one!! Just my .02

ratso
07-17-2004, 04:13 PM
I'll watch Stern if he has a good guest on, the other night Carmen Elektra was on (re-run) and she was talking about waxing and also about banging Rodman. She is way too hot to miss out on, and she will talk about anything...