PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

topless
07-16-2004, 11:44 AM
I just found out that my ex owns his house. Originally it was in his moms name. As of December 2002, it is in his name. I did a search and found out the state of California put a lein on it in my name for back child support. He now is telling me that since the DA found out about his second job, they are garnishing his wages and he might lose the house. If it goes into forclosure, what will happen?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 11:46 AM
the bank owns it and you get your money.I think.;)

boatnam2
07-16-2004, 11:47 AM
why would he let it go into forclosure when the market is at a all time high.sounds like a good way to get your 138k.

PlyaPlya22
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by topless
I just found out that my ex owns his house. Originally it was in his moms name. As of December 2002, it is in his name. I did a search and found out the state of California put a lein on it in my name for back child support. He now is telling me that since the DA found out about his second job, they are garnishing his wages and he might lose the house. If it goes into forclosure, what will happen?
Hopefully he won't quickcaim it to someone else

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't think he can with a lean on it.. no matter what she will get her money..

topless
07-16-2004, 11:50 AM
He lives in Fort Worth. He is now getting his wages garnished and says he can't afford to make his house payment.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 11:51 AM
He lives in Fort Worth. He is now getting his wages garnished and says he can't afford to make his house payment.
are you worried about it.. or do you just want your money.. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
07-16-2004, 11:52 AM
You were married?

topless
07-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
are you worried about it.. or do you just want your money.. ;)
I just want my money. He owns 2 new cars, a house............and for a long time I didn't get a dime from him. I guess what goes around comes around.

topless
07-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
You were married?
Uh yea. Are you being a smart ass?:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
07-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Uh yea. Are you being a smart ass?:confused:
I am never a smartass...ALWAYS serious.
:cool:
Married, huh?

LOANER
07-16-2004, 12:00 PM
once it went in his name any liens against him get tied to the house. If he sells or loses to Foreclosure those leins get paid by the closing agent. He either pays or cant sell.

topless
07-16-2004, 12:01 PM
It's not worth a helluva lot but at least it's something.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 12:03 PM
get what you can sweetie.. it's time for him to become a man.. wether he likes it or not.. IMO..;)

topless
07-16-2004, 12:07 PM
He keeps calling asking if I will waive the back child support. Too bad so sad for him because mabe when hell freezes over I'll think about it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 12:08 PM
He keeps calling asking if I will waive the back child support. Too bad so sad for him because mabe when hell freezes over I'll think about it.
don't think about it.. he should of paid from the beginning then he wouldn't have the problem.;)

topless
07-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I couldn't agree more. When we divorced, I was nice enough to waive alimony because I know how to work but this money was for my kids.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I couldn't agree more. When we divorced, I was nice enough to waive alimony because I know how to work but this money was for my kids.
then make him pay for it.. you have been taking care of them yourself.. it's time for him to step up to the plate.. ;)

shueman
07-16-2004, 07:38 PM
DeadBeat Dad......must be a former NBA player.....

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 07:40 PM
How about getting a job and leave the guy alone...........
Im sick of hearing women cry that they are owed something.....

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 07:43 PM
That's too bad, he should have been paying you, it was his obligation as a Dad and a man. ..
just my .02
gjb

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Im sick of hearing women cry that they are owed something.....
that's a joke right???
gjb

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 07:49 PM
No its not.
I know so many men that are left pennless from women.
i dont want to hear about my 3 year old needs 2K a month to live on either and I need 1.5K a month for additional expenses...
Child support is the biggest scam there is....

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 07:53 PM
You got some problems.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Im sick of hearing women cry that they are owed something..... :yuk:
he stuck it in .. he needs to pay.. she's been paying all this time now it is his obligation to take care of his offspring.. he has bran new cars and a house.. f u c k him ..;)

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
You got some problems.
Actually No I dont , I was very lucky in my divorce and didnt get bent over, I am an exception to the rule.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 07:55 PM
she waved the alimony.. the least he could do is pay something..

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 07:55 PM
he stuck it in .. he needs to pay.. she's been paying all this time now it is his obligation to take care of his offspring.. he has bran new cars and a house.. f u c k him
I agree , and the kids needs to go live with him so he can take care of it.......
She is just mad because he is doing better now than when she was with him.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 07:56 PM
he stuck it in .. he needs to pay.. she's been paying all this time now it is his obligation to take care of his offspring.. he has bran new cars and a house.. f u c k him
I agree , and the kids needs to go live with him so he can take care of it.......
She is just mad because he is doing better now than when she was with him.....
then share the wealth with the kids.. he left them so why should he beable to have them.. ;)

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 07:57 PM
No its not.
I know so many men that are left pennless from women.
i dont want to hear about my 3 year old needs 2K a month to live on either and I need 1.5K a month for additional expenses...
Well I disagree and agree at the same time, if you get divorced it is your obligation as a Father to help support your children, however you should not have to go in the poor house so the ex-wife doesn't have to do anything but sit back eat bonbons and wait for the checks to hit her account. The whole freaking system really needs a reality check...
gjb

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 07:58 PM
see the law sucks here.. the dad takes off and leaves the wife with the kids and comes back say... a month later.. nothing is done about it..
a mom leaves say for two days.. and she is concidered abandoning her kids,.. wtf is up with that.. it's just wrong..

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 07:58 PM
she waved the alimony.. the least he could do is pay something..
Thats right,he doesnt need to pay alimony but child support is a must.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:00 PM
a MAN will support his kids no matter what..
a pussy will leave them high and dry.. IMO..

BarryMac
Originally posted by Jrocket
Thats right,he doesnt need to pay alimony but child support is a must.
abso freaking lutely, either support your kids or don't have sex...
gjb

Kilrtoy
Originally posted by gottajetboat
Well I disagree and agree at the same time, if you get divorced it is your obligation as a Father to help support your children, however you should not have to go in the poor house so the ex-wife doesn't have to do anything but sit back eat bonbons and wait for the checks to hit her account. The whole freaking system really needs a reality check...
gjb
I concur, The father should HELP RAISE THE CHILD, not pay the ex-wifes bills. The whole system does need to be revamped. To better place these women and their spending habits in CHECK and INSURE that the money is going to the kids.....
Not her hair bill, nail bill, new bra's for the new boyfriend to get off on....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I concur, The father should HELP RAISE THE CHILD, not pay the ex-wifes bills. The whole system does need to be revamped. To better place these women and their spending habits in CHECK and INSURE that the money is going to the kids.....
that I agree with.. put all the money in an account and give it too the kids when it is needed..

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:02 PM
a MAN will support his kids no matter what..
a pussy will leave them high and dry.. IMO..
Char,
you are confusing the two
Raising a child yes which does cost money,
but supporting the woman no

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Char,
I do not agree with alimony.. it is not the mans obligation for him IMO to support and ex wife, that is not right to me.
but topless was not asking for alimony.. just to help with the kids.. ;)

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I can agree with that.The child needs to be helped fianacially but not to the point where the mother takes advantage of it.

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Char,
What do you think we have been talking about this entire time?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:05 PM
:D

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 08:08 PM
the father needs to help raise/support his kids, he shouldn't expect us too do it, we weren't the ones having sex with her...
gjb

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I agree.. child support thats it.. ;) no alimony..

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-16-2004, 08:10 PM
I do not agree with alimony.. it is not the mans obligation for him IMO to support and ex wife, that is not right to me.
but topless was not asking for alimony.. just to help with the kids.. ;)
I think woman should have to show where they spent the money on the kid(s), In some cases the kids never see the money, its spent on the mother hair, nails etc or the new sperm donor they have

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
I think woman should have to show where they spent the money on the kid(s),
they should.. that way no one gets fuc ked .. including the dad.:D

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 08:11 PM
What the hell, Topless starts a thread looking for advice and bails on us???
gjb

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok lets check this out
How old is the kid
how many years is owed in back support
I bet anything this guy is getting raped.
When I am done paying for my ONE which I have had to pay for 16 years total and I have 5 years to go.
I will have paid under 100K.
From what I remember her kid is not that old and 138K in back child support
that sounds like over 1K a month min......
GIVE ME A BREAK....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Ok lets check this out
How old is the kid
how many years is owed in back support
I bet anything this guy is getting raped.
When I am done paying for my ONE which I have had to pay for 16 years total and I have 5 years to go.
I will have paid under 100K.
From what I remember her kid is not that old and 138K in back child support
that sounds like over 1K a month min......
GIVE ME A BREAK....
he has not paid anything and I think her kid is a teen .. he's pissed because they are garnishing his wages.. Finally and he may lose his bran new cars and his house.. boo hoo for the pussy..

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:17 PM
That translates into 1,150 a month,
Do you realize whole families in this country are supported on that or less....
And this kid needs 1150 a month...
PLEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:17 PM
well I'm done on this subject. and for tonight.. have a good one guys and gals.. and drama queen is outta here.. LOL!! talk to you all in the a.m.. I still love you kilrtoy.. just a little disagreement.. between friends.. ;) :D

BarryMac
07-16-2004, 08:18 PM
he has not paid anything and I think her kid is a teen .. he's pissed because they are garnishing his wages.. Finally and he may lose his bran new cars and his house.. boo hoo for the pussy..
yepppp, I agree, boo f u c k i n hoo, he obviously hasn't even made an attempt if he had she probably wouldn't have even complained...
gjb

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2004, 08:19 PM
:D good night all.;)

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I dont think all the facts are up here so I would say poor him.He needs to pay.I thought she had two kids?Her daughter is 16 or 18 maybe?Not sure.

Jrocket
07-16-2004, 08:20 PM
:D good night all.;)
nite

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Char, I now need support from you
in the form of $1,150 a month to tell people we are friends. I am used to this lifestyle and I am OWED.
:D :D :D :D :D
Good night girl Yvonne also said sleep tight.....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-16-2004, 08:22 PM
I just want my money. He owns 2 new cars, a house............and for a long time I didn't get a dime from him. I guess what goes around comes around.
:eek: "I just want my money" I thought it was for the kids :D
This is way guys get a prenup and wear a glove, if not when it goes bad and you are doing good she will hunt you down for HER MONEY . TOM LYKIS 97.1FM my other dad :D

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:24 PM
"I just want my money" I thought it was for the kids
LARRY H PARKER got me 2.1 million.....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I wonder what does two cars and a house have to do with anything, mmmmmm maybe jealous :eek: Maybe he also has a new lady :eek:
What is that saying Hell has no furry

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 08:41 PM
:D :D :D :eek: :eek:
Edited in good taste

Debbolas
07-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Shake your azz, you are one cool dude, you too Kilrtoy!
( I don't believe what they say about you and that crocodile);)
I know sweetie, I like you too:D
We have to do some Catalina Runs!;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I know sweetie, I like you too:D
We have to do some Catalina Runs!;)
Sounds good let me know when July 31 sat or Aug 1 sun I was planning to go over to the Island

topless
07-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Ya know Kilrtoy, You know nothing about this. He left when my oldest was almost 3 and my youngest was 9 months. He quit many jobs to avoid child support and even told me more than once to tell the kids he was dead. My kids are now 12 and 14. He also left the state. He is re married. His wife works and his mom has an income too and lives with them. So get off your high horse and learn the facts before you start in on let him have the kids. Get real do you actually think I'm getting 1150 a month? No I don't and it is expensive to raise kids these days anyway. I do have a job and it is time he faced the music. I've done it by myself all these years.:mad:

TRG
07-19-2004, 11:26 AM
no dis-respect to topless,... you should get what you deserve!, but if i was involved in wearing shoes such as yours, i would think i could have gotten a better answer from opening the phone book and calling a few lawyers and presenting them with this obsticle.
there are way too many men on these forums that ,im sure are dealing with this same dilemma, this is just the place to vent their frustration same as it is yours.
i'll keep my views from here forth to myself, hope all works out in the end topless, sounds to me you have a pretty good hand in the game, if i was a lawyer, i'd be all over it! after all, its all about the money!
todd

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Ya know Kilrtoy, You know nothing about this. He left when my oldest was almost 3 and my youngest was 9 months. He quit many jobs to avoid child support and even told me more than once to tell the kids he was dead. My kids are now 12 and 14. He also left the state. He is re married. His wife works and his mom has an income too and lives with them. So get off your high horse and learn the facts before you start in on let him have the kids. Get real do you actually think I'm getting 1150 a month? No I don't and it is expensive to raise kids these days anyway. I do have a job and it is time he faced the music. I've done it by myself all these years.:mad:
I apologize, I did the math now and it not 1150, its 1045 according to the facts you laid out.
Lets get one thing real clear,
IT IS NOT HIS NEW WIFE OR MOTHERS RESPONSIBILTY.
It is very expensive to raise kids, That is why I work more and harder than when I had no kids. I dont rely on my wife.

topless
07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I apologize, I did the math now and it not 1150, its 1045 according to the facts you laid out.
Lets get one thing real clear,
IT IS NOT HIS NEW WIFE OR MOTHERS RESPONSIBILTY.
It is very expensive to raise kids, That is why I work more and harder than when I had no kids. I dont rely on my wife. You are right. It is NOT his new wifes resposibility. They don't garnish her wages and if you want to be exact, that is the amount he was suppose to pay.......GET IT? SUPPOSE TO. We went to court to get THAT reduced too and and he was at that time ordered to pay 699 a month which he didn't do either. Now, the courts do apply interest to the money that is in arrears. He should take care of the kids he decided to have first before he made more. Oh and by the way my kids rely on me and no one else. I will probablly never see the money anyway it just pisses me off that he can own all this and not help pay to raise them. The only consolation I have is that I am now getting some support and I have a lein on his house. Ya think I took him to the cleaners? Think again. When he left he cleaned out our checking, savings, and MY inheritance money that I had put away for the kids. What happens now is all his doing.

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 01:50 PM
We went to court to get THAT reduced too and and he was at that time ordered to pay 699 a month
If you agreed to that, I have a huge amount of respct for you now TOPLES. It is very rare a woman ever agrees to get less.
$699 for 2 kids is not bad at all....:D

ratso
07-19-2004, 02:24 PM
If I wasn't already being sued, I'd go up to Ft Worth and kick his ass myself...

BUSTI
07-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Topless,
The problem with child support and the fact that parenting has been reduced to money only, in many divorces is that the very little money you will likely recover is not enough to compensate your children for the abondonment they have suffered from this dead beat dad. Regardless of what the circumstances were with your divorce this slime ball owed it to his kids to stay in their lives and help raise them. When he left for what ever reason that reason was it wasn't good enough to abondon his responsibility to his children.
He may have divorced you but he didn't divorce his kids! A moral man would recognize his first priority to the kids he brought into this world. He should have secured their future first then worried about his own future regardless of what his relationship with you was like! Even if you were the worst person in the world he still owes it to his kids to do whats right by them. You are so lucky that he is out of your life but I feel sorry for your children because they deserved their father in their lives. They didn't ask to be brought into this world and they deserved better from this piece of shit!
The least he could do is pay his moral obligation to his children. 1,000 or 2,000 per month what ever the court ordered he should pay it is the least he could do. Never settle for anything less than full payment from this dick head! Never make it easier on him untill he pays you every dime he owes you. Levy his wages and who gives a shit if he looses his home! He made you the bill collector and the law is on your side. Remember there ain't no end to doing whats right where kids are concerned..
I have been divorced before and I can tell you it was the worst experience in my life and I wouldn't wish divorce on my worst enemy! But at no time did I confuse my quiting as a husband with my first wife, with quiting my kids as their father!
To answer your question yes your lien now that is on the property is essentially a 2nd. However not knowing the exact circumstances be aware that when your ex's house is foreclosed on by the first trust deed holder that the first trust deed holder is only obligated to take bids that cure or payoff their loan only. Now if the best and highest bidder bids more than needed to payoff the first you would get whats left up to and including your whole or partial payment. But its not garruntied......only if the bid is big enough.
However not to worry even if you get only some or zero out of the foreclosure sale the balance is still a lien agaist him forever until its paid!
So stay the course and kick his ass! And Kilr I am a lil surprised at you. Let's say Topless was still married to this guy and she was lazy and just stayed home and did nothing but ate bon bons would that be an excuse for this prick to throw up his hands and say screw it she is lazy so I'm not going to support my kids let them starve and go with out clothes and shelter?
No it is not! He owes his kids the money and the government trusts his exwife to be the custodian of the money. To bad for this pos he owes the money and a major kick in the junk!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I am glad my daughter is 18 now and as soon as possible I'm getting out of this hell, no more kids for me I'm FREE:D

Jrocket
07-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
To bad for this pos he owes the money and a major kick in the junk!
Hell yes.