PDA

View Full Version : Get those cats out of my yard!!!

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 05:24 PM
I was hoping that you guys might be able to help me out. Basically, to make a long story short, our neighbor's cat won't stop shitting in our front yard. We live about a block up from the beach, so not many people in our area actually have yards. Our next door neighbors have two outside cats, and a cement back yard. The two cats use our front yard as a litter box on a daily basis. Now normally it wouldn't bother me that much, but now that it is nice weather out, the front yard gets hotter, and well, the stuff really stinks. I have much better things to do than to pick up shit from our next door neighbors cat! I've tried spraying it with the hose every time it comes in the yard, but I really can't figure out how to keep those dammed cats out of my yard:mad: !!!
Now aside from actually "getting rid" of the cats, does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to keep the shitting cats out of my yard? I mean, you can smell that crap from a mile away during the summer:yuk: . Oh, I forgot to mention that the neighbors are real dickheads, and won't do a thing about it, and said that it is not their problem, and that they cant' control where their cats take a crap. These are the same neighbors whose crappy pine tree takes up a good chunk of our ocean view, so we don't get along as it is.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:cool:
-Rvr2Bch

Infomaniac
07-17-2004, 05:43 PM
What do you consider "getting rid"
Go to the local animal control and they will give you a trap. Bait it with tuna juice, set it up deep in your property. When you catch the cat call them and they will come get it.
That is how you deal with it in Oklahoma.

dean51267
07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
and kill off the pine tree. Cut a circle all the way around the trunk, about 1" wide, near the base, about 1" deep. The tree will die.
Maybe with the car in it?
Throw the cat shit back in the neighbors yard, tell them "I thought you might want this"..........

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by dean51267
and kill off the pine tree. Cut a circle all the way around the trunk, about 1" wide, near the base, about 1" deep. The tree will die.
Maybe with the car in it?
Throw the cat shit back in the neighbors yard, tell them "I thought you might want this"..........
Yeah, i've been putting it in their backyard alongside their dogshit that sits there for a week until their gardeners come and clean it up. They don't even notice.
As far as getting rid of them, I'll look into our local animal control and see what they can help me with. I wish we had room for a dog, but eventhough we have a yard, it's not enough room for a dog (unfortunately)
-Rvr2Bch

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I figured either that, or headin up to BigBear or Aarowhead area and gettin some of those bark beatles. Either way, that tree's not gonna last for much longer!
Thanks
Rvr2Bch

dean51267
07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
In the middle of the night of course, make it look like the cats shit on the front steps....

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 05:59 PM
In the middle of the night of course, make it look like the cats shit on the front steps....
Now that is a great idea. I'll make sure to make them a visit tonight!

FMluvswater
07-17-2004, 06:00 PM
found some links for you ...
http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/green_up_your_fingers/unwanted_visitors_how_to_deter_cats.htm
http://www.answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=222715
http://www.mykp.co.uk/home.asp?id=226
Hopefully you find something useful to you. Good luck.

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
found some links for you ...
http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/green_up_your_fingers/unwanted_visitors_how_to_deter_cats.htm
http://www.answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=222715
http://www.mykp.co.uk/home.asp?id=226
Hopefully you find something useful to you. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!!!:cool:
-Rvr2Bch

dexman38
07-17-2004, 06:06 PM
i have the same problem with the cat lady across the streetfrom me. this old lady brings home stray cats and keeps a dish of cat food outside her front door. what i do is i have bought one of those cat cages. i set that trap on my property and when i do catch the cats i take them away. the animal shelter told me that these cats where my problem and to find the owner and talk with them.:) :) so the coyotas have fresh food. i have caught over 30 cats in 7 years.

FMluvswater
07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Rvr2Bch
Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!!!:cool:
-Rvr2Bch
:) You're welcome. I feel for what you are dealing with :yuk: . If you find a solution that works brag okay, lol? :D

Krazy K
07-17-2004, 06:10 PM
A BB Gun is highly effective.......

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
:) You're welcome. I feel for what you are dealing with :yuk: . If you find a solution that works brag okay, lol? :D
I will let you all know what happens. I'm gonna try to pick some of this stuff up in the morning
http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/4/4566316900B.jpg
I checked out some of those links and this is one of the recomendations they make, so we'll see. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Rvr2Bch

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Krazy K
A BB Gun is highly effective.......
Target practice...Not a bad idea:D

GlastronGuy
07-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Whatever you do, don't put out any antifreeze. The cats will drink it and die.

Rvr2Bch
07-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Whatever you do, don't put out any antifreeze. The cats will drink it and die.
Yes, I probably shouldn't put any antifreeze in a water dish near the back porch. That wouldn't be a good thing at all.
Thanks for the warning!

repo man
07-17-2004, 06:24 PM
my uncle had the same problem. they were even shitting on his roof. the lady next door had thirty some odd cats. so i lent him my pit .the dog killed 26 of the ladys cats in 2 weaks end of problem.;) ;)

SpectraJoel
07-17-2004, 06:58 PM
plan A
kindly inform your neighbors that every time their cats shit in your yard, you will let your cat crap in theirs. But since you dont have a cat, you will just have to do the deed yourself!
plan B
get a dog

manuel
07-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Maybe one of these chained at your property line would do the trick, http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=51421&highlight=hyenas
don't do the bb gun, it usually just gets infected and takes a loooong time to die a slow painful death, anti-freeze is very quick but if a kid gets a tablespoon full he's dead and the stuff tastes real sweet, and any dogs wandering around will drink it too, I have 2 cats, but when strays show up and start fighting with mine and spraying to mark their territory I call animal control and they bring a trap and catch them and thats the end of them,
I had one sickly looking one show up while I was sitting on the porch working on part of my boat and he rubbed up against me and purred and I petted him and he bit me, and I whacked him on the head with a torque wrench, never saw him again.

dmontzsta
07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I dont know how to help you with your problem, but listen to mine... :)
The lady on the right side of us had a few of her cats poisoned. She went around the neighborhood with flyers about it. Our dumb ass bitch of a neighbor to the left (who has since moved) told her we did it. The only basis she had was that they climb all over both of my black cars and scratch and **** them all up. I come out and yell at the damn things and chase them off, so she thought we did it. The lady to the right then called the cops and animal control and filed a complaint WTF??? well...she gave us a flyer that said "stop before people get hurt" we went to confront her and she said "talk to the police" BS...everything has just went away since.

mike37
07-17-2004, 08:08 PM
why is it that its ok to let a fuking cat run all over and **** up other peoples stuff but dogs need to have a licens and be on a leash:confused: :confused:

bigkatboat
07-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Spray your grass with something they won't like. (ask a vet) If it continues, ask their 'owner' to control the animals. Please don't hurt the animals as they don't know what they are doing. Cats think that EVERYTHING they contact is their's, kind of like your 'family' does. I was a 'dog' person for most of my life, and then I "learned" about cats. I may be "soft", but I cann't injure anyone other than "man", because these animals are here do to our (interrest, neglect) and they have no idea what we want them to do. People have the control over reactions, cats (animals) don't. I thank GOD that I can come home and 'relax' with my cats and not have to worry about their safety. I control their "limits", your neighbor should control their cat's SAFETY! My cats will "speak", "sit", "give kisses", and "lie on my lap". I tried to meet them "half way" and they have 'come over' to help me with my every day stresses. They are "wild" but I love them. People are the cause of your problem, not 'cats'.

BigDogIvan
07-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Set the Sprinkers on a motion detector. What cat likes water on the Arss. :D
BD

dmontzsta
07-17-2004, 09:53 PM
My uncles used to stick firecrackers in their ass when they caught them...
"here kitty kitty, good kitty BOOM" raaaaaar :D
that is cruel though.

Roxysnow
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
You need a pellet gun! Don't kill it though!

dorC
07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Cats don't like to chit on concrete. Guess that grass is the next best alternative. They really want some sand though. Late at night take a 5 gallon bucket of sand and dump it on their patio. The cat's will be happier than a clam.

GM Killer
07-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Get a dog, a really big dog. Let it kill or scare off the cat. Train him to piss on the tree and crap in their yard. Then call the City and complain about how the tree roots are damaging your property, and the needles are a fire hazard.
Or just take the cat to a Chinese deli, sell it for $10, then take the money to Home Depot for some tree poison.
Good luck

Froggystyle
07-19-2004, 10:50 AM
I heard somewhere that cats hate mothballs. A couple of mothballs around the perimeter should do the trick.