PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter flow tests

Duck
07-17-2004, 09:43 PM
A Diesel Place boarder arranged for air filter tests on many major brands (except Fram-couldn't). Tests were performed on a very expensive test bench with two types of dust. The results are very interesting and a must read. If your in a hurry, read the first page, then go to page four.
http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10642&PN=1&TPN=5

Outnumbered
07-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Duck
A Diesel Place boarder arranged for air filter tests on many major brands (except Fram-couldn't). Tests were performed on a very expensive test bench with two types of dust. The results are very interesting and a must read. If your in a hurry, read the first page, then go to page four.
http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10642&PN=1&TPN=5
Great info. Thanks for the link.
OL

BowTie Rick
07-19-2004, 01:10 PM
I had no choice but to get involved in this one. What a crock of BS. A product sponsored site doing independent tests is like having the fox watch the chickens. I'd bet a boat payment this was done by a dealer or employee of the web site sponsor's company. My posts are at the end of the thread. Never ever trust a product sponsored site as having unbiased threads. I can prove them 100% wrong but am not allowed to release the figures due to our legal dept. They are saving that ammo for a later date. :D

Outnumbered
07-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BowTie Rick
I had no choice but to get involved in this one. What a crock of BS. A product sponsored site doing independent tests is like having the fox watch the chickens. I'd bet a boat payment this was done by a dealer or employee of the web site sponsor's company. My posts are at the end of the thread. Never ever trust a product sponsored site as having unbiased threads. I can prove them 100% wrong but am not allowed to release the figures due to our legal dept. They are saving that ammo for a later date. :D
BTR, what is the date of release? I would like to see the results of K&N test results. Seems a little fishy that K&N and AFE would do so poorly. Seems K&N would have been called on this long before now. Two sides to every story.
OL

BowTie Rick
07-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Hell if I know. All I know is that the CEO wants it to happen soon because he is sick of crap like that. It will open some eyes, that is for sure. I'll let a bit out of the bag. Most big name filters are all about the same with a handful of exceptions. One on the better side and more on the down side (most non US made too). We are in the upper part of the pack on the good side. How's that for vageness? I should go into politics :D