PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Bridge to Bridge event roll call

Robbie Racer
07-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Okay, it's this weekend. Who all will be participating and or spectating? We will get there on Friday and participate in the radar runs on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you there.
Here's the link: http://www.pokerrunswest.com/events.html#rivercity

RACER52
07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm in for sure. Will be up Friday morning for the poker run. Which I guess is more of a cruise than a poker run which sounds like a good time.
Look for the new WestMar sponsered poker run boat. hehehehe
cant believe we got an ins. co. to sponsor a speed run event:p
Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Racer:D

Robbie Racer
07-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Racer, congrats on getting the sponsor for the race. Are you guys going to the VIP reception on Friday evening? They had some pretty good food there last year but the bar was no host and had long lines if I remember correctly.

Rock-it man
07-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Robbie Racer
Okay, it's this weekend. Who all will be participating and or spectating? We will get there on Friday and participate in the radar runs on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you there.
Here's the link: http://www.pokerrunswest.com/events.html#rivercity
Robbie Racer ,Looks like your gonna be da man !!! hehehe !!!!as I will be at Weismans this next weekend getting my drive put on , just don't get too fat a head though !!!!!!!!cause i'll be commin for ya soon !!! so good luck at Sacto and I expect you to Kick A$$ there nothin less than the fastest single engine cat !!
The next big outing for me will be Oct 1-2 at Havasu where i'm going for 150 mph ,other than some trips to shasta.
GO FAST !!!!!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

RACER52
07-20-2004, 09:16 AM
RR=yes we'll be there and I believe Boatmaster, and few straglers will be along also.
you should try and make the friday run. It will start at Walnut grove and
then up north. Mainly for the televised cruise through old Sac at approx 11:30 and then up the river. Should be a short run I hear.
I ordered new pullies for the Bridge run but when measuring out they will put me at 19lbs boost and I dont know where to get 120octane fuel so I will be leaving the boat as it always has been at 13lbs on pump gas/mix
Racer

MOBrien
07-20-2004, 09:16 AM
We'll be there kickin it as spectators. The folks are comin in town on Friday eve and are pushing for a boat ride on the river...timing is perfect since I thought this was on the 1st weekend of Aug. --- would've missed it if you guys hadn't posted up...THANKS! We'll track you down and intro ourselves so keep an eye out for us.
BTW, is there a tugboat class for us slowpokes???:o
Also, what kinda speeds are people lookin to clock out there this year?:eek:
See ya on the water,
MOB

Rock-it man
07-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by RACER52
RR=yes we'll be there and I believe Boatmaster, and few straglers will be along also.
you should try and make the friday run. It will start at Walnut grove and
then up north. Mainly for the televised cruise through old Sac at approx 11:30 and then up the river. Should be a short run I hear.
I ordered new pullies for the Bridge run but when measuring out they will put me at 19lbs boost and I dont know where to get 120octane fuel so I will be leaving the boat as it always has been at 13lbs on pump gas/mix
Racer
You can get VP fuels there in Sacto at the Supplier in Nthlds. in 55 gal drums. I really want to see what she will do at 20 lbs boost !!!! becouse i', thinking of backing off the big cubes and just turning the motor more maybe go back to a 572 ( 4.5x4.5)
Good luck there ,just watch the back wash between the bridge pillors and remember Keith is running the JUICE !!!!!!!

Robbie Racer
07-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Rock-It, sorry you can't make it this year. I will give it my best try to come home with the fastest single engine boat trophy.
Racer, I'm pretty sure you can get high octane race gas at C.L. Bryant out of Modesto (I think).
MOB, glad that you will be able to make it. Keep in mind that they will have the river closed off on both ends of the Old Town area to normal boat traffic. You won't be able to see much of what's going on from that far away. It's better to spectate from standing on the bridge if you can find a spot. I hit 119 last year which I think was the fastest single engine boat. There were some twin engine cats that were in the 130's and maybe one that was in the 140's last year if I remember right. It's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend so that may slow us down a little. I plan to use the nitrous to compensate for that. :D

unleashed
07-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Gibson will be there with his MTI so you can kiss the 140 mph goodbye. I also hear there are quite a few skaters showing up. Im trying to talk the wife into going but its such a long tow. I'll keep ya posted.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Robbie Racer
07-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Deano, hope you can make it this year. Gibson was there last year too but I don't think he ran over 140 then. Maybe he has stepped it up for this year. I know that Gary Williams will also be there too with his DCB F-34 with the twin Teague 1150's. He ought to be able to go over 150 also. I think that one thing that might be keeping the bigger boats from obtaining maximum speed is that they have to make a slight turn in the river about half way from the start point to where the radar gun is. They might have to slow down a little for that curve and then have trouble accelerating to full speed by the time they get to the bridge. The other thing is the "pucker factor" of trying to get slowed down enough after the run in order to make the turn after the second bridge. I was looking for the brake pedal big time last year myself and I was only doing 119. :eek:

unleashed
07-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Hope that turn isnt to sharp cause I'll be pushing for a couple of 130 mph passes as well. I hope to show up, I'll know by the end of this week.
Deano

Robbie Racer
07-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Deano, did you already register? If so, that's great. If not, you might want to call Chris to make sure they will still let you run. I would hate to see you tow it all that way to find out that you couldn't run it. What do you run for power in your 29 Force?

RACER52
07-20-2004, 02:31 PM
20 lbs boost scares me!!! aluminum melts pretty fast under that pressure and if my fuel mapping is off too much than I wont be running any more this year. I was really only looking to bump it up 2 more lbs.
We'll see you there.
Racer

unleashed
07-20-2004, 03:12 PM
I'll check into the registering part once I know for sures I am going. I have a 32 Force not 29. I run twin teague 800 blower motors, 5 lbs of boost, 32 prop. 1:24 gears and Im getting well over 120 but my speedo only goes to 120 so not sure what the top speed will be.
Deano

Robbie Racer
07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Racer, yeah I hear you. That would be a bummer to melt down this early into the season if you are off on the fuel mapping with that much boost. See you sometime on Friday.
Deano: whoops, sorry about the size mistake on your 32. Yeah, with twin 800's you ought to be able to easily pass 130 if you start putting a little more boost to it. Hope to see you there making some runs.
Keith

hulshot
07-20-2004, 09:10 PM
I be there cheering you on. If I play my cards right I might get to ride with racer 52. I might have to beg alittle.
Wayne are you still flappin your lips about that 150 mark and the fastest single cat, man hurry up so no one beats you too it. Keith turn up the blower some and run 118 with the bottle. I could smell 140's for you.
Racer if your pockets are deep and you arent affraid of taking a chance on the motor, then stand on it. go fatter to about six grand then start pulling fuel away alittle at a time all the way to 6800 or so. How did you get a sponsor and what is it for??
Next year I will promis to be there in my little carb boat. I am working on the plan as we speak.
have fun and I will take pics..

Rock-it man
07-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by RACER52
20 lbs boost scares me!!! aluminum melts pretty fast under that pressure and if my fuel mapping is off too much than I wont be running any more this year. I was really only looking to bump it up 2 more lbs.
We'll see you there.
Racer
Do as I do fatten it up and go for 20 lbs then your safe !!!!!! its only a short run anyway,use some vp C16 and time it on KILL !!!! I was at 38 deg when we ran the 141 mph. you will be amazed at what 20 lbs will do ,that motor will come alive !!!!!! and what a rush !!!!!but remember its ADDICTIVE !!!!!!!!!!
Wish I could be there but did not want to rush my new drive.

hulshot
07-21-2004, 11:47 AM
come on Rockit, put the new drive on and stand on it. According to you this one wont break (just like the last one that wouldn't) were pullin for you to be the first but if you wait too long you wont be. You keep making the statment I GET AHEAD well come on get ahead. Hook it up to the truck and drive to Sac to beat keith and have it be witnessed by many spectators that you are the fastest. Boy if you dont that makes Robbie Racer fastest 2 years ina row at Sac and at Shasta, and he never said I DONT GET EVEN, I GET AHEAD. He doesnt even bragg.. Now come on and put your boat where your mouth is. We know you can do it, or at least come very close, so why wait.
So what do you think, was this a motivator for Rockit to come out??

gnarley
07-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
I'll check into the registering part once I know for sures I am going. I have a 32 Force not 29. I run twin teague 800 blower motors, 5 lbs of boost, 32 prop. 1:24 gears and Im getting well over 120 but my speedo only goes to 120 so not sure what the top speed will be.
Deano
Deano, there is no sense towing if you can't run and from what I heard two days ago the field was closed, period end of story. check if you can run before you plan to come up. It's a long tow and you wouldn't even be able to get your boat into the area until after the event is over.

unleashed
07-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I'll check into it as soon as I know if I am able to do it. If not no biggie, theres always next year!
Deano

MOBrien
07-22-2004, 07:22 AM
bump to keep the info out there....
Come one nor-cal boaters. Get your arses out to Old Town this weekend!!! Can't freakin wait!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!
:eek!: :D :eek!::D

NorCalCat
07-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by unleashed
Thanks, I'll check into it as soon as I know if I am able to do it. If not no biggie, theres always next year!
Deano
There are also a couple more coming up in August.

MOBrien
07-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, I was just down in Old Town and saw the first river missle preparing for the weekend. The Collegewood sponsored boat (Sac-town local) looked REALLY GOOD with its fully enclosed cabin and sounded even better. It's gonna be fast!
It's gonna be a good one folks!!!!!
Hope to see you there....................

stoker2001
07-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Here's the link: http://www.pokerrunswest.com/events.html#rivercity hey keith,i am not regestered this year,but i was thinking about doing the sac to walnut grove and back.now,i am getting second thoughts after being out there last sun and seeing some big alligators floating down river :eek: not sure why,but i just got off of phone with drew (he has been at shasta all week)and he confirmed it they are letting hella water out of lake (drew had to back houseboat off beach twice in one day).when they do this it is major debris field on river.with my pisspot,if i hit anything at 119 it is a recipe for disaster:frown: maybe we will see you there friday?

RACER52
07-22-2004, 02:28 PM
we'll I'm still in. Had a close call on the motor this week but it was minor and I 'll be there for the fun.
We wont be breaking any records probably not even my own of 113 but I will still be there.
Maybe if Hulshot drives it I can watch the boat run its best speed yet.
We'll see.
Racer

Robbie Racer
07-22-2004, 06:05 PM
MOBrien, is that Collegewood sponsored boat a V hull? I remember one V hull boat last year that had the cabin area that lifted straight up so they could get in and out of the boat easily. I think he even had A/C in it. Very cool.
Stoker, yeah I have seen some big nasty things floating down that section of the river before. It sure would be no fun to hit something like that at high speed. I hope they keep that crap out of the speed run area on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you there Friday afternoon.
Racer, glad it wasn't anything serious and that you will still be able to make it. That's a good idea about letting hulshot drive it so you can see what she looks like at speed. :)
I'm outa here early tomorrow morning to head towards Sacramento. Hope to see you guys there.
Keith

MOBrien
07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Keith-
Yep, a big, bad, enclosed v-bottom. If it's the same boat I think they repainted it though. It's now got flames down the side & I can't remember if it was like that last year and don't have any pics to refer to. One thing's for sure, they were blowin out the carbon coming into and leaving the wakeless zone in front of Rio City. It was purring! I've got to work tomorrow but have strategically set up a client lunch at Rio City at 1pm;) ;) to catch the beginning activities from the deck. We'll then be back and in our boat Saturday morning hoping to get a good anchor point right at the American River merge. I think we can get some good views and pics of the runs coming up and down river from there.
As for nasty things in the river.....holy cow, yes there were! We boat out there quite often and honestly, I haven't seen as many BIG floaters since the beginning of spring when they were screwing with the water levels. I saw three full blown trees pass RIo City today. Why in the world would they be f-ing with that knowing what's happening this weekend? Not smart IMO. Message to those participating....BE CAREFUL!
See you all there!!!

Cs19
07-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Good luck KZ, bring home that record.
Sure sounds like a fun event.

stoker2001
07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
sorry i missed everyone,had the boat all gassed up but chickened out at last minute (to much debris in river for me):mad:you all,be safe and please post some radar numbers for me

Magic34
07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Wish i could make it out for a nde this weekend. Arrived in Sacramento today, an have meetings allday Sat. Back to PHX Sat night. Watched some coverage on the news from my hotel in Folsom. Sucks to be stuck in meetings. Have fun!!!!!

stoker2001
07-25-2004, 03:13 AM
congrats keith on the buck thirty run on sat,thats hauling the mail for that big cat:cool:

acatitude
07-25-2004, 07:53 PM
hey stoker was that on the second run?? i heard them announce 125 on 1st and keith said his gps was 129 depends where the gun got him, but he ran hard looked good, congrats Keith, as usual, buddy. I wasnt there today had to come back to redding for work, will be looking for results

gnarley
07-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone, SUPRIZE......... Keith ran a 135 MPH on his first run Sunday on the upstream pass against a 5-7 MPH current! I didn't get to see or hear the run but was told about it by a buddy of mine that had to tow him back after the return trip's attempt and blowing the drive.
KUDOS Keith! It was nice to meet you and your wife and I will post a couple of pictures, one of them being the 130 MPH run from Saturday. Glad you met Rob and his wife with the 25 Daytona, they are great people. Good luck fixing the drive.

HP350SC
07-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Wow, congratulations Keith! It really sucks that everytime someone has a great run the outdrive blows. Hope you get lucky and it's just a coupler or something. You must have used the nitrous too? Hopefully Wayne's drive problems are over and we can see how fast these 25-26' boats can go:cool: I applaud you guys for pushing the envelope on single engine cats. :D

RACER52
07-26-2004, 08:47 AM
It was a great run by Keith,
his second run was just after mine. so I was luck enough to be idleing when he past by at 130 something. Man does his boat sound awesome and the set his boat takes is perfect. I think the next run comeing down the river would have been better untill I heard the break and the rev. limiter
I think everyone had a great weekend. My boat broke a benny and thats all it had. but it was just as fun. (well maybe not)
Racer

Robbie Racer
07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys. Wow, what a great weekend at this years Bridge to Bridge event. There were nearly 50 competitors at this years event. Maggie and I got to run into a lot of old friends and meet quite a few new friends. The Carrera was the fastest single engine boat there and 3rd fastest over all (if I read the score board correctly). The weather was not as hot as they had predicted. The corrected density altitude on Saturday was a fairly decent 2700' or so but the temp and humidity on Sunday got worse and raised the corrected altitude to a horsepower robbing 3500'. I used the nitrous on all of my 4 runs and it helped cool the intake charge to still make real good power. I had not completed much testing time using the nitrous and I guessed wrong on the prop selection for Saturday's two runs. I used the 32 that I bought from Rock It Man but the nitrous just over powered it and the motor was on the 7,000 rev limiter on both of Saturday's runs (125 & 130 mph). That evening we switched it to my 34 and it turned out to be the perfect selection. hulshot was riding with me to keep an eye on the tach and he told me the tach hit 6,000 on the motor and then climbed to 6,800 when the juice kicked in. On our last run we were to make a up river run (132 radar & 135 GPS) against the current) and then turn around and make a down river run with the current. I made the return run turn a little early and ran out of room to hit full speed before we hit the radar gun, so I hit the nitrous early at 5,000 rpm instead of 6,000 and the extra torque just snapped either the prop shaft or the vertical shaft in the B-Max drive. The motor again hit the 7,000 rev limiter. Thanks to Dave at DNE Motorsports, the motor stayed in one piece all weekend despite 3 runs where it hit the limiter. Since the drive broke, we didn't get to make the run going with the current. I think if we were able finish that run we would have hit somewhere around 140 on the GPS.
Ken, thanks for all the help on Saturday and for the loan to bail Maggie out of the parking garage. :)
gnarley, it was great to finally get to meet you. You are right on about Rob and Tammy being great people. They towed me all the way back to Discovery Park after I broke the drive so we could get it on the trailer. We will be hooking up with them again at another boating event in the near future. I hope you were able to get some decent pics of one of my runs. I would like to see where the water is clearing the outside sponsons at speed. Maggie took one picture (attached) but it's not all that great.
Racer, thanks for the feedback on the set up. I can't wait to see some more pics. I never did get to see your boat make a pass as we were always in the water at the same time.
Keith

MOBrien
07-26-2004, 12:29 PM
What a great weekend of speed!
Keith, nice to finally see your boat in person. Very smooth runner, and 130+??? Man that was a sight to see. We heard the charge when you hit the button going up on Sunday and boy was she screaming! Congrats. We were on the rail at Rio City on Sunday (4 hours) with a great view and also heard it when the drive blew. That totally sucks. I was surprised to see how long it took the patrol to notice you were in trouble. We saw you in the water on late Saturday just before you retrieved for your prop switch. You looked pretty busy coordinating the switch on the phone so we didn't want to interrupt you. Hopefully we'll get another chance to be on the water together.
Racer-nice to check out your ride as well. That's a looker man and sounds great too. Timing was off for a formal intro at the docks, but it was great to cross paths on the water Saturday. Let's coordinate a Delta run next month!!!
What was the highest speed of the day and who was it....that sweet Eliminator that ran late in the lineup on Sundays first round? I think the speaker said 146, but we could barely hear the announcement. He was flying! And those Skaters.....holy freakin cats! Those things were runnin wild.
Anyhow, if anyone knows who and what the tops were on Sunday, PLEASE post the results. Lastly, what the hell was "Mr. Sweeper" & what'd they run??? That was the fattest & baddest cat I've ever seen. That thing motors wakeless at like 20mph! I was plowing through the zone (sorry) trying to stay with it heading north for a picture.....then he blasted the throttles and disappeared. Freakin awesome!!
Thanks to all who participated for putting on a great show.
-MOB (thanks alot, now I gotta get a cat!!):D

RACER52
07-26-2004, 12:52 PM
mobrien=yes it was nice to put a boat with the names.
The current up there in your neck of the woods keeps you on your toes.
I wish we could have anchored next to you when the river was closed.
A delta run for sure.
Racer

Robbie Racer
07-26-2004, 01:14 PM
MOB, thanks. Yes, the radar said 132 on my Sunday run (my GPS said 135). I was happy with that performance. Yeah, I was getting a little concerned that they weren't going to get me towed out of the way of the next boat coming down the course. They must have radioed ahead to hold that next boat until they got me out of the way. I took pictures of all 5 score charts at the awards ceremony. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to post more than one pic at a time. I have attached the picture of the chart with Mark Semper's 30' Eliminator speed on it. According to that chart he ran the fastest (on radar) on Saturday's 2nd run at 143. All three of his runs on Sunday were 140 (according to their radar numbers). I'm sure his GPS numbers were faster than the radar numbers. Both he and Harold Cornelius (is that the Freedom Skater?) ran 140 on Sunday which looks like the highest numbers. What is the driver's name for the Mr. Sweeper boat? I can look at my score chart pictures and let you know what he ran.

MOBrien
07-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Racer-let's hook it up. After leaving Old Town, my dad & I decided to put the boat in the water at Garcia at 6pm. Ran WOT almost to Stockton and had to turn around because fuel was getting low. Ran WOT almost about 2/3 of the way back up and limped into the Garcia ramp on fumes. Get got home at like 9pm...it was a blast. Watching all of your guys running your rigs gave us the need for a fix.
Keith,
I have no idea what their names are. I don't even kow what kind of boat that was. All I do know is that it was sweet and fast. You gonna join us when we hit the delta??? Semper's boat was running fast wasn't it! That's a sweet ride! Cheap too!:p

gnarley
07-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Keith here is the picture of the 130 pass. I cropped the extras out and zoomed in for better viewing. If you want I'll send you the originals.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1141Keith_130_MPH1-med.jpg

fleetimus
07-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Congrats Keith,
That hot rod is fun to watch. I wish I had been there!! See you at TIKI:)

Robbie Racer
07-26-2004, 06:46 PM
MOB, let me know when you guys plan a delta trip and I will try to hook up with you if we don't have a previous commitment. Yeah, that Eliminator that Mark Semper was driving, is what I want when I win the lottery. :) What an awesome boat.
gnarley, thanks for the picture and the offer. I will get back to you if I end up needing the originals.
Hey Tim, wish you could have made it to Sac. I saw the pictures of the Oroville trip on the LBBA site. It looks like you were having a good time. See you next month for the Tiki Lagoon get together.
Keith

MOBrien
07-26-2004, 09:18 PM
What's this about a Tiki Lagoon gathering??? Private deal, or come one-come all?

hulshot
07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Keith what a rush to sit shotgun with you. I didnt care where we were going I felt it while monitoring the gauges. The drive thing sucks.
Mobrien, I waw you about 5.30 between Elk Grove and Pocket road going north, boat looks nice.
I am getting more motivated to start the new project. cant wait, so next year I can participate with all the heavy hitters. I can put on a better show than the jets did, I can just dive by and have my passenger squirt a water gun at everyone.
Racer, what can we say, another flawless run from that hot rod of yours!!!! WOW
Post some pics. Dig deep into last years and pull some of them out too, perferably of my old Howard. I miss it.

acatitude
07-26-2004, 10:19 PM
you can go with me whenver you want don, but you cant drive it lmao, and bring that white cooler with the matching bullets :D :D :D

Robbie Racer
07-27-2004, 07:04 AM
MOBrian, the Tiki Lagoon get together (8/20-8/22) is put on by the LBBA (Laid Back Boaters Association) of which I am a member. Anyone can join. You can PM Cas here on this board or jump over to their web site to check it out. http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats
I signed up for the Tiki Lagoon get together several months ago but you might want to check with Cas to see if there are any cancellations. Even if the camp sites are all taken for that weekend, you could still motor on over during one of the days to hook up with us for a day ride. Hope to see you there.
Don, thanks again for riding shotgun and monitoring the gauges for me during that run. The drive can be fixed. No big deal. :cool:

MOBrien
07-27-2004, 10:46 AM
RR-
I'll try to get down to Tiki that weekend and hang for the day. Not sure what my schedule dictates for that yet...but it's penciled in. You gonna have that drive fixed by then? Also, how many boats usually show up to the LBBA gatherings up here in NorCal? Is there a trend with the boat types or is it all types? You know mostly flatties, outboards, cats, etc...? Sounds like a fun deal.
Racer52-
Are youu heading out there for this Tiki gathering on the 20-22nd?
-MOB

RACER52
07-27-2004, 11:18 AM
The local group is growing, this is way cool to have fellow ***boaters
in the delta area.
Not sure about the gathering on the 20-22. My Wedding is the 28th so the last minute details may prevent.
Hulshot thanks fot the compliment. The boat didnt break all weekend so thats cool, Seams to be getting slower as the year goes on. I spoke with Semper over the weekend to see what ecu he was running in his quad motors and I may have to make a change this winter. The program he was running for the 143mph run was slighlty modified hp500 ecu.
way cheaper and simpler than what I'm trying to accomplish.
time will tell, not bad for a rookie with his first speed boat.
2 100mph passes with a blown 454
Racer

RACER52
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
trying to post a pic

Jrocket
07-27-2004, 12:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=813114

superdave013
07-27-2004, 12:39 PM
anyone get a pic of this guy when he made his run?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350Nighthawk-med.jpg

RACER52
07-27-2004, 04:05 PM
j-rocket===how do you get the pics to post like that???
thanks for uploading it for me.
Racer

MOBrien
07-27-2004, 04:16 PM
That is a freakin awesome pic!!!!!!!

Robbie Racer
07-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Racer, that's a great picture of your hot rod smokin down the river. I'm totally impressed with how fast it runs with a 454" motor in it. Congratulations on all the work you have put into it paying off for you.
SuperDave, I didn't see that hydro make his pass because I was in the parking garage getting some more gas out of my truck. But I sure heard him make his pass. It sounded great. At first I thought it was a 19' Eliminator jet with a blown injected alcolhol motor making another pass that had been out their earlier. But when I heard it shift, I knew it wasn't a jet boat. I thought it might have been Joey Gonzales in his Whisky & Water hydro making that run. I had seen him earlier with his boat in the show on the streets.
MOBrien: I hope to have the lower drive swapped out with my spare by this weekend. Cas would have better numbers as to how many LBBA members have what kind of boats. I would hazard a guess that about 90% of the LBBA members have jet boats in the 17' to 20' range. There are a few V-drive and I/O folks too. They are a fun group of people to hang out and party with. Hope you can make it to the Tiki get together.
Keith

NorCalCat
07-27-2004, 07:02 PM
you can make it to the Tiki get together.
Keith
Keith, when???
I am in Clear Lake for the week. I am high and dry today. Faulty ignition. Ordered a new coil, should be back on the Lake tomorrow. How did you run in Sac? I am thinking about a late summer run in Shasta, you game? Sept. ish...

whiskey & water
07-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Here a little clip from the event138 mph pass (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/hydrojoe150/lst?.dir=/Mail%20Attachments)

whiskey & water
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
http://www.dragboats.com/images/gallery/thumbs/04_05_IHBA_2036_520.jpg

Robbie Racer
07-27-2004, 09:08 PM
NorCal, that's too bad about the ignition problems. It must be contagious because Rocket-J was having similar problems with his new HTM at Berryessa a couple of weeks ago. The Tiki Lagoon LBBA event is the weekend of 8/21 & 22. I think I'm going to pass on another Shasta visit for this year. Boatmaster was telling me last weekend that the water level is way down now.
Joe, I can't open the file of that run for some reason. Is that a run that you made last weekend?
Keith

grads2112
07-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I have videos of most of the boats on both days but I am having trouble posting them

whiskey & water
07-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Keith yes it is , the way I posted it will not work trying to find out how to do this

SJ Valley Dave
07-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Flat Bottom Hits 157 In Bridge To Bridge Shootout
As of Saturday Night that was the fastest boat (they ran again Sunday) in Sacramento, Skater had a 146 in cat class,we at Pfaff got beat by 2 mph to a 43 Scarab Poker run edition ( maybe the bathroom sink bed closet couch and 6 people slowed us down) 113 mph for the Scarab. 1 Eliminator 26 Daytona spun out at 86 mph (just getting going) when a power steering belt flew off. Anybody else there??? Did the flattie end up being the fastest boat there???

whiskey & water
07-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Keith try this one out you will reconize where it is at
138 mph (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1854Joe_2nd_pass_1_Sac_04.avi)

whiskey & water
07-28-2004, 01:12 PM
It wasnt a flat bottom it was a hydro Nighthawk boat driven by Dave kikker. We couldn't get him to stop walking on his tippy toes:) :) :) ;)

Robbie Racer
07-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah baby...........now I can see the video. It sounded like you hit a couple of rollers under the bridge near the start and then again at the end of the run after you got out of it. Did that tighten your sphincter just a little? :D

RACER52
07-28-2004, 03:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I heard the bobble of the throttle.
cant even imagine what you crazy guys are feelin when you see a ripple at 150mph???
crazy ;)

NorCalCat
07-28-2004, 07:37 PM
NorCal, that's too bad about the ignition problems. It must be contagious because Rocket-J was having similar problems with his new HTM at Berryessa a couple of weeks ago. The Tiki Lagoon LBBA event is the weekend of 8/21 & 22. I think I'm going to pass on another Shasta visit for this year. Boatmaster was telling me last weekend that the water level is way down now.
Joe, I can't open the file of that run for some reason. Is that a run that you made last weekend?
Keith
Ya, problem solved. The disributor was not far enough down, seared the gears off. So I gat a new gear and off I went. And adjusted the hight.
Ya, I was wondering about the lake level. My wife is going up late Sept. Wonder if they will have nay H2O left???
I will try to make Tiki for the day.

MOBrien
07-29-2004, 06:49 AM
That video is cool. Pops & I were standing on the bridge right above his passes. I think his first run down river that morning posted like 170 or something crazy like that. Those drag hydro's are freakin rockets! I'm all about speed and consider myself an adrenaline junkie....but that's just plain nuts!

Twisted 24
07-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey Guys,
I met some of you at the B2B this past weekend. I have the 24' Pantera that is named "Twisted" (trying to figure out how to post a pic of it for use as an avatar.) I am wondering if the results have been posted anywhere?
Hope to see you out on the delta. I usually launch at the Sugar Barge and motor up the Stockton Deep Water Channel towards Garlic Brothers in Stockton.

Robbie Racer
07-31-2004, 08:11 AM
grads2112, have you figured out yet how to post some of those video's? I don't know how either but there are a few guys on this site that know how to do that.
Keith

gnarley
07-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Keith I forgot to post the pictures of you and Maggie, so here they are. Did you find out what broke yet?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1141Keith-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/1141Keithand_Maggie-med.JPG

Robbie Racer
07-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Charlie, Maggie loved the pictures. Thank you. Yes, it turned out to be a broken U-joint coupler between the drive shaft and the drive. I thought I had broken either the prop shaft or the vertical shaft but those were both just fine. I think that is good news as that part looks less expensive than a $800 prop shaft or vertical shaft. :wink:
Thanks again for the pictures.
Keith

Rock-it man
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
You guys make me sick !!!! I was at Weisman's all week getting my new drive put on,will post some pics soon. Just drove in and ,too bad keith about the drive but congrats on the speed NOS or not alls fair in love & Racing heheeh !!! just remember that when we finally meet up hehehe !! but I think I still hold the record for being towed in !!! hehehe !!!! Now have to put in the motor and try it out in about a week,after spending a week in Costa Mesa I have decidedd you all can keep that place to yourselves you gotta be NUTS for living down there !!!!!! Hope Keith can be ready for Oct 1-2 at Havasu and you can have a shot at me !! hehehe !!!!!!but 135 is not going to even get ya close so better pump that motor a bit more cause if I can get the right prop dialed in i'm going to break the 150 mph mark at Havasu !!!!!! in Oct . Anybody have a #6 prop I can try to get some #'s got one fron All Washed Up and Herring is sending one but will need to try a few to know what I will need. Keep posting some pics of the runs !!! ROCKIT MAN

hulshot
07-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Rockit glad to hear you finally got your drive on. Its about time. get that 150 mark before anyone else does. We are all pulling for you. I am sure Robie Racer car bump it up some more. That was conservative, I know, I was with him on the run. I am tellin you, 135 and not even tring, that is bad ass, the temp was 104 according to the weather channel, and altitude was way high. I know there was alot more there.
Is there anymore pics?????

Robbie Racer
08-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Rocket, good to hear that you got the new drive on and made it back home safe. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I would like to see what that drives looks like on a "mid sized" boat. I think I could make it to Havasu on Oct. 1st and 2nd. What's going on down there that weekend? Is that when you are going to make the 150 mph run attempt? What organization is going to be there to sanction it? hulshot is right in that there is more in the Carrera. I think I can pick up another 5 mph and run around 140 due to the better air quality at Havasu in October. I will also be talking to DNE to see if we can bump up the motor any more to get a little more out of it. :D

Rock-it man
08-01-2004, 01:18 PM
RR Hot Boat Mag is having a Poker Run there Oct 1-2 I heard it will replace the Fall Heawave that was scheduled there in the past. Wont know for sure if I will go for the 150 mph there untill I get the drive dialed in and find the right prop setup. I have to start all over with learning how the boat handles with a surface drive so won't be making any top end runs untill I know I can do it safely will work my way up slow, All Washed Up will be running this same setup on a DCB 26 so he will benifit from all this R & D.
I think both you and AWU need to sell those 1471 blowers and step up to the Whipple ,you say theres another 5 mph there ,I hope your right cause I found the last 5-10 mph comes the hardest you have probably hit the limit on the blowers so now all there is is NOS ,I want to do it without NOS but would use it if I needed it,for now will try to get there without it. This next winter I'm building a Complete New Motor seeing how this drive is supposed to be bullit proof I plan on seeing if its true ,I gave Dennis the green light to build the Baddest,meanest,sickest motor you could ever imagine !!!! for next year capable of 20-30 lbs boost !!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

Cs19
08-01-2004, 01:28 PM
I saw Rock-it mans boat down at Weismans, its a nice boat!!! Very clean! I work real close by so I often swing by to see the boats in there.
I will say Rockitmans boat looked like a 19' jetboat sitting next to that other cat..That thing is ridiculous!!! Anyone know the details of that big boat?
I agree Rock-it, that area of Costa Mesa is not the nicest, but if you head down to the beach which is a mile or so away, its another story..
Good Luck with the new drive, keep us posted and get some pics up when you can

hulshot
08-02-2004, 10:07 PM
I have to say I am pulling for the under dog here to post some big numbers. fastest single engine cat WITH a BRAVO style drive and building it on a lot lower budget than a couple of others out there, where it seems money is no object. Man I wish I had that problem. Keith I think 20psi will hold up in you r motor, and I know that 14 will push it. yes the wipples are probably the way to go, but another 15k for 5mph dont add up for me. good luck.

Dave C
08-03-2004, 07:49 AM
Was there a spot to drive the boat up to, sit and watch? i.e. can you drive in from the Delta and watch?
I want to go next time but we will probably boat in from the Delta area.

gnarley
08-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Dave boating in to watch isn't allowed, they keep the public docks open only for the boats that are registered in the events. Is there any way you could sneak in early and tie up somewhere before they stop all boat traffic? Maybe, but you might get hassled or even ticketed.
I wanted to take mine there and watch but friends who did that last year talked me out of it. When we went I found out why. The best viewing is from bridge to bridge in old town, that’s about it. My advice if you want to go next year and watch, leave the boat at home and get there early by 10:00 AM for good parking. There isn’t anyplace convenient to park your tow rig and trailer so you could get to it easy after the event for a few hours on the water. There is Discovery Park that you could park at but then you need to get to Old Town somehow.