PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tab Installation in Havasu???

CARGUY
07-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Any rec's on a shop in Havasu that could install some trim tabs on a 26 foot Laveycraft. Obviously looking for a good clean install as boat is relatively new.
Also input from anyone who has had tabs installed on a similar size boat as far as pros/cons would also be appreciated.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Try any of the service shops i.e.: Absolute, Alco, or Savage.

cc322
07-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I will be getting tabs over the winter, a must imo, had them on my old boat, should have done it with my new 24 lavey. I was going to bring it back to lavey just because I trust them. Which ones are you getting? let me now who you use in havasu.

dicudmore
07-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Try any of the service shops i.e.: Absolute, Alco, or Savage.
I would recommend any of those guys, along with Lakeland marine. Kenny Hudson, great guy.
Dana HP1000's on my boat. Very nice piece

riverrunner
07-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Savage Marine is great. Also have heard nothing but good things baout the HP100s from Dana.

nextasex
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by CARGUY
Any rec's on a shop in Havasu that could install some trim tabs on a 26 foot Laveycraft. Obviously looking for a good clean install as boat is relatively new.
Also input from anyone who has had tabs installed on a similar size boat as far as pros/cons would also be appreciated.
Hey Carguy, I also have a 26 Lavey. I had the trim tabs installed while the boat was being built. Got the Bennet dual ram sport tabs. I use them ALL the time and can't see not having them. Absolute must, to give the ladies a comfortable ride and overall a great luxury. PM me if ya want details. BTW, I think it would be worth the trip back to Jeff for the installation, especially the boat being brand new!
Good luck,
Frank:)

CARGUY
07-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by cc322
I will be getting tabs over the winter, a must imo, had them on my old boat, should have done it with my new 24 lavey. I was going to bring it back to lavey just because I trust them. Which ones are you getting? let me now who you use in havasu.
I am looking at the Dana HP 1000's. Lots of good comments about them on the boards. I spoke with Dana yesterday and got some good info.
I am in agreement with you as I really want to bring boat back to Lavey as I trust them also. Talked to Jeff yesterday and he is working me up some prices. I am looking for a back-up in Havasu just in case. I'll update you as search progresses.
Thanks for all the info.

cc322
07-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Talked to Bennett today they were great to talk to and gave me alot of info on the tabs, I have had bennett's in the past and never had a problem with them, I am leaning towards the bennetts, Hallett uses them as does shockwave, Also talked to Frank (nexttasew) he has the bennetts and is very happy with them, good luck and keep me posted.

beach gomer
07-21-2004, 04:39 PM
do think the Merc tabs are to much,also please share what the quote is from jeff I also have a 26' lavey set up for tabs.

nextasex
07-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey fellow Lavey owners, just a question..Why did you guys opt out of getting the tabs while the boat was being built? Just curious...If you guys have any more questions, please ask away..
thanks,
Frank

cc322
07-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Frank....... I didn't think I really needed them, boy was I wrong since the boat is pre wired for them it was easy to say I will get them later, should have done it from the get go. I know what they will do for my boat so that's why I want them, more than likley the bennetts:D

beach gomer
07-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Andy at the time said I diden't need them. I have no problem with the boat, but I would like to see what it's like with them.

CARGUY
07-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by nextasex
Hey fellow Lavey owners, just a question..Why did you guys opt out of getting the tabs while the boat was being built? Just curious...If you guys have any more questions, please ask away..
thanks,
Frank
Jeff asked me at the time how I was going to use the boat and based on the info I gave he also said I didn't need them. Boat is very stable but I have heard from several people that tabs make it that much better.
I spoke with Bennett also and they rec the st-12 or st-16 dual ram sport tabs for this size boat.
I will update as this progresses.
Thanks for all the info.
Dave

cc322
07-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Bennett also rec the 16's on my 24 he told me the more tab in the water the better

nextasex
07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I guess it does depend on how you will be using the boat. It is definitely a luxury worth having.
Frank

LHC30Victory
07-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Anyone got info on tabs for a 30 victory? I was talked outa them at build time "this boat doesn't need them!" WELL, above 73ish the chine walk kicks in. After much asking, tabs are the only way to solve that. There is more in the RPMs but that chine stuff scares the wife.

Stealth Marine
07-24-2004, 10:54 AM
If you decide to have the work done here in Havasu and not directly by Lavey, I am sure we could get them installed for you.
Only issue would be availability.
Just make sure they have them in stock.
We have been having a heck of a time getting EMI Tabs for the last several weeks now.

cc322
07-24-2004, 08:43 PM
How much to install dual ram bennets?

WHIPPED502
07-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I had some bennett's put on a 21 Lavey I had. It had side tanks and I was able to keep the boat level with the tabs as weight shifted. It also helped bring the bow down when wake boarding and tubing. My 28 cat has Bennett's and I only use them when I am pulling skiers, tubes, or wakeboarders and the work great for this.
Shop around on the internet for the tabs. You can find as much as a $300.00 difference on the same tabs. I purchased mine at Ski Limited or Overtons. I had Alco Marine in Havasu install them. I saved over a $1000.00 from what Lavey wanted to charge.

Stealth Marine
07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by cc322
How much to install dual ram bennets?
Is there ANY chance of being able to see the boat?
Often times a BIG chunk of the installation charges will be the time it takes to get inside of the engine bay and do the setup for the tabs and the hydralics.
The question is, How Clean, How Open, how easy is the internal access to the mounting points for the pump and brackets??

Stealth Marine
07-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Shop around on the internet for the tabs. You can find as much as a $300.00 difference on the same tabs. I purchased mine at Ski Limited or Overtons. I had Alco Marine in Havasu install them. I saved over a $1000.00 from what Lavey wanted to charge. [/B]
I couldn't agree more.
If you take a little time and shop around HARD for the parts, you can certainly save yourself a bunch of money!
Invest the time, and save some cash.

Evo22
07-29-2004, 06:41 AM
absulote is the only way to go!!