PDA

View Full Version : Heeee's BBBaaaccCKKK!!!

summerlove
07-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Well good friends, the Summer Love clan is back and safe from a great 2 week vacation to Havasu, Lake Powell, and back to Havasu.
Since we rolled in yesterday afternoon, I haven't had a chance to download any pics yet, but rest assured, they will follow in a day or two - I took over 200 of them!
Powell was the best I have ever seen it - minus the narrows. Uplake from the narrows was a lake basically void of people and full of water! While we paid $3.449/gallon at Dangling Rope Marina for regular, we were happy to pay it as we were the only houseboat in the marina at the time. Our fuel bill for that stop was over $800!
The lake and beaches were awesome, and we had a great location in Kane Wash, adjacent to Cookie Jar butte.
Needless to say, as always, Powell delivered the goods....

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Awesome,
Can't wait to see the pics.....

bear down
07-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Welcome back and nice seeing you on the water...Nice "Cream Puff" purring like a kitten.

summerlove
07-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
cool, we go on thursday:D not looking forward to paying 3+$$$ for fuel:( :D
There are some awesome!!! beaches in Padre Canyon, (upriver side of Gunsight). Stay to the right going in and about 1/2 way in there is a small peninsula with one of the finest beaches ever. Are you houseboating it or hoteling it?
The narrows really suck, be sure to take a trip to west canyon and go all the way in, as well as face canyon. The low water creates some very interesting visuals that were not there prior to higher water.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Glad to see you back.. and It was nice meeting you.. ;)

summerlove
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Glad to see you back.. and It was nice meeting you.. ;)
back at ya! Nice family - great boat!

DEEZ NUTTS
07-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Summer Love, I'm sure your trip was great. DogHouse and I hooked up and looked for you. We checked Padre Canyon but not Kane. Should have pulled my head out and checked areas that I recomended. Sounds like you were close to them. Get the pics going and check out the ones DogHouse and I put up on west side.
For those who have not already left and will be on Powell the 23-25th this weekend. Our Luau party is getting huge. We have shirts and I'm making margaritas by the gallon. The store ran out of stock. Going for more tomorrow.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830103_0382_Small_-med.JPG

DEEZ NUTTS
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Titties and beer, Sat the 24th is the main event. Huge potluck for food and boozy drinks. Location is not exact yet, but will be in the Padre Canyon or Kane Wash area. Will know exact by Thurs a.m. The beach will look like something major is going on for shure. I will be calling debolas Fri a.m. P.M. me your #.

PlyaPlya22
07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
Summer Love, I'm sure your trip was great. DogHouse and I hooked up and looked for you. We checked Padre Canyon but not Kane. Should have pulled my head out and checked areas that I recomended. Sounds like you were close to them. Get the pics going and check out the ones DogHouse and I put up on west side.
For those who have not already left and will be on Powell the 23-25th this weekend. Our Luau party is getting huge. We have shirts and I'm making margaritas by the gallon. The store ran out of stock. Going for more tomorrow.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830103_0382_Small_-med.JPG
gettin thirsty:cool:

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 04:50 PM
That is a serious hangover waiting to happen