PDA

View Full Version : NJBA Reduced rate - River Racer

Willis
07-19-2004, 02:30 PM
July 19, 2004
Hello everyone,
Ok people, you said the main reason you donÂ’t join The NJBA to race was the fees were too high!
Well the NJBA had its meeting July 13, and I took your suggestions to the meeting. Here is the answer to the high entry fees. The River Racer class will be modified. The “modified RR class” will allow you to enter all races that year at a rate of 100.00 entry fees per race. You will have to become a “Limited Member” at a reduced rate of 100.00 membership fees for the year.
The RR member will not have voting rights, no trophy, no high points category.
A minimum of 3 boats must be registered, qualify Saturday and receive paring status. “Eliminations Heat Sunday, Grudge Race what ever you call it”. The NJBA is willing to try this modification if you are willing to race with us.
Note: All boats must pass tech to compete.
People,
ThatÂ’s all I can do is bring the answer to your suggestions. Now you have to step up to the plate and register for 2005 race year at the above rates to show the NJBA this is what you want.
Registration forms and other required forms at this link: http://www.njbaracing.net/forms/forms.php
Membership Form // Race Entry Form // Emergency Information Form // Release From Liability
Take the time and Pre-Register for the 2005 Race year now.
Mailing address and instructions are on the forms you can down load or contact the officer stated on the web page.
Just change the dollar value to read as I stated: Membership 100, Entry fees for RR race 100. You can race this class all year.
There is no restriction on your engine combination.
Willis

77charger
07-19-2004, 02:40 PM
good job willis.Its good to see someone get some feedback and go for results

Squirtin Thunder
07-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Well then Lets Go Racing !!!!!

HBjet
07-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Willis
“Eliminations Heat Sunday, Grudge Race what ever you call it"
So if you get beat on Sunday are you done for the day, or do you get x-amount of passes like RR currently has?
HBjet

bp
07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
randy, good question; don't know. next race is 9/25; bring your boat and find out...
kudos for all you efforts on this willis! hopefully, some will come out and join us.

HBjet
07-19-2004, 04:26 PM
I'll be there 9/25 but I'm going to help Cyclone again...
HBjet

roostwear
07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
So what are the equipment and safety requirements?

bp
07-19-2004, 05:48 PM
roost, i was just visiting with some old hi school friends of yours last week. my guess is that you could borrow whatever you need from him:D

roostwear
07-19-2004, 06:19 PM
If you were in LHC, there are a few there. I'm the odd man out, 'cuz my other place is in the ghetto (BHC), and I still run a "little" river boat! How are L&D?

Johnwithjm
07-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Good to see the board members are getting it done. 9-25 can`t wait I`ll be there ready to run.

bp
07-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
If you were in LHC, there are a few there. I'm the odd man out, 'cuz my other place is in the ghetto (BHC), and I still run a "little" river boat! How are L&D?
very good. L is very busy, and we gave D some business. i thot maybe your ears were burnin' :D

bp
07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm
Good to see the board members are getting it done. 9-25 can`t wait I`ll be there ready to run.
very cool. it'll be great to see ya there john. will mike have his boat there?

Willis
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
John, bp
You do know that the RR class is for new registrants only and not veterans racers!
All new racers can do this class for one year. that will give more time to decide if you like the competition
See Ya at the ROPE
Willis

Cs19
07-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Question, If you sign up for "mod river racer" the last race of this season, does this mean you can only do this "Mod River Racer" one time only, or can you continue the following season at the first race?
Im assuming you can continue into the following season since there is no points race in this class, but you can only run this class a handful of times.
Thanks again Willis.

Johnwithjm
07-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by bp
very cool. it'll be great to see ya there john. will mike have his boat there? BP can`t wait to come back out. It will be fun to hang out with all the guys again. Mike goes to the dyno Friday and plans to be there if all goes well. BP or Willis do you have the number for the DoubleTree hotel. Is that the hotel NJBA is now using now?

Johnwithjm
07-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
good job willis.Its good to see someone get some feedback and go for results Robert what is the deal with you?Are you not racing anymore?

roostwear
07-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by bp
very good. L is very busy, and we gave D some business. i thot maybe your ears were burnin' :D
It's a curse! My boats too small for the lake, and I don't know the last time Lance had the Advantage out (let alone together!). I may have to lure Crower down to Big River with scooby snacks to get them down to FC2. With everything that's going on, it's all I can do to just hang out on my little stretch of river.

bp
07-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
It's a curse! My boats too small for the lake, and I don't know the last time Lance had the Advantage out (let alone together!). I may have to lure Crower down to Big River with scooby snacks to get them down to FC2. With everything that's going on, it's all I can do to just hang out on my little stretch of river.
i think he's planning or putting something together for the blue boat, but he's also got something else he's toying with, trying to decide which engine to install in it. crower was in lost lake week before last, so he might be ready for a return trip. one 'o these days, i'll hafta hit allthese fc bbsp ccccb dealios... and it ain't gonna be all that far off in the future.

bp
07-19-2004, 08:32 PM
BP can`t wait to come back out. It will be fun to hang out with all the guys again. Mike goes to the dyno Friday and plans to be there if all goes well. BP or Willis do you have the number for the DoubleTree hotel. Is that the hotel NJBA is now using now?
john, there has been something going with, i believe, the red lion. don't know if they're getting a big discount or not, but regular rates there are a bit steep. the two times i've motelled it this year, i've stayed at the super8 and ramada (accross the street from each other on Real rd.) super8 was 51 and ramidoninn was 65... tell mike to take it easy and not hurt the dyno:D
willis, i'm glad river racer is not open to veteran racers. but, i think it should be open to veteran racers in new boats that are a significant upgrade for the driver (if he chooses). in other words, the guy that is going from an 11 second boat to an 8 second boat, it may be better to just run river racer for the first weekend rather than immediately place the driver in competition. just my 2cents...

bp
07-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by cs19
Question, If you sign up for "mod river racer" the last race of this season, does this mean you can only do this "Mod River Racer" one time only, or can you continue the following season at the first race?
Im assuming you can continue into the following season since there is no points race in this class, but you can only run this class a handful of times.
Thanks again Willis.
geez, would you just quit foolin' around and bring it? just go for the 9.50 class and pro gas. i mean, how much practice do ya need? c'mon, pressurize yourself:D :D

Willis
07-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by bp
john, there has been something going with, i believe, the red lion. don't know if they're getting a big discount or not, but regular rates there are a bit steep. the two times i've motelled it this year, i've stayed at the super8 and ramada (accross the street from each other on Real rd.) super8 was 51 and ramidoninn was 65... tell mike to take it easy and not hurt the dyno:D
willis, i'm glad river racer is not open to veteran racers. but, i think it should be open to veteran racers in new boats that are a significant upgrade for the driver (if he chooses). in other words, the guy that is going from an 11 second boat to an 8 second boat, it may be better to just run river racer for the first weekend rather than immediately place the driver in competition. just my 2cents...
bp,
The TT is still open to the Vet.
The new equipment, step ups or just want to see if the new equipment is stable, they can enter as TT, but you know after one or two races, they would naturally have to clear with the race director for more runs.
Willis

hack job
07-20-2004, 08:09 AM
this is a great thing i cant wait to see some of our faster river boats out there( hell even some of the slower ones;))
good job willis!!!

77charger
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Robert what is the deal with you?Are you not racing anymore? John one of our boats crashed at the april race so after that i thought i should stop before i am next to crash.I have a family to take care of and know that the danger is there racing.BTW we went 8.97 at 129.The test and tuning was going great with a little more left.I cant complain we had fun doing it and succes at it too.So it aint that bad and leaves me alot more time to go out with the lake boat.

Johnwithjm
07-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
John one of our boats crashed at the april race so after that i thought i should stop before i am next to crash.I have a family to take care of and know that the danger is there racing.BTW we went 8.97 at 129.The test and tuning was going great with a little more left.I cant complain we had fun doing it and succes at it too.So it aint that bad and leaves me alot more time to go out with the lake boat. Robert I see. Sorry to here about that. But you are right about the danger. Well hope all is well