PDA

View Full Version : Gas Thief !

manuel
07-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Last time out I put 20 gallons of premium in my right tank, the gauge only works sometimes, today I went out with a 1/4 tank in the left and when it ran out I switched over, nothing came out, I checked the lines & clamps, the filter, the pump, then I blew into the line and there was NO resistance, so I thought maybe the pick-up tube had come off inside, I was going to run a line in the filler neck and see if I could pump it into the other tank and when I put my line in it was BONE DRY!!!??, last week someone stole 8 quarts of dirty used motor oil and a cat scratching post, I guess they also got my gas, the last time this happened to me Jimmy Carter was the president and people were siphoning gas from each other,:mad: &:D

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
That sucks,
They did it to me about a month and a half ago....
I feel for you

DryHeatOnly
07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Some sorry a-hole tried to get the gas out of my toyhauler's pump-station when it was in storage. He tried 3 other trailers too. He left the hoses on the ground.
I'd be even more pissed if someone touched my boat. :mad:

77charger
07-19-2004, 04:11 PM
I had 2 5 gallon cans stolen from my truck last year.I should have brought them in but forgot.The next time it wont be gas in a can but 5 gallons of nitro.:D I will know who the neighborhood kid is who took it then.That is the gamble they wil take next time is it gas or something else?.I will add gas so it smells like it too.

hoolign
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
That sucks..did you have to use "manuel" labour to get the boat back?
I kill me:D

Mandelon
07-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I lost 30 gallons out of my dump truck once. Sure is a pisser. Now I only put in $20 at a time.......I store it in a "less good" area...:rolleyes: so I know it was one of the deadbeat neighbors. :mad:

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 04:27 PM
I store it in a "less good" area... so I know it was one of the deadbeat neighbors.
Must be in a white neighborhood

Krazy K
07-19-2004, 04:30 PM
There is this really cool invention someone came up with awhile back.....
Locking gas caps!!!!:D :D :p :p
Just kidding, that really sucks!! (Get it?) oh, I kill myself!!:D :D
Nitro....now that would be interesting...seeing a little civic with it's ass end on fire doing about 100 into the creek at the end of the street!!!

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 04:38 PM
If you catch them, make them drink a gallon in front of you. ;)

manuel
07-19-2004, 05:40 PM
"That sucks..did you have to use "manuel" labour to get the boat back?" OOOOHHHH that's so bad it's good! I was drifting into the bushes and trees under a bridge and tied it to one of them, there was almost nobody on the river today to get help from so I started walking through the bushes and came out looking like a homeless bridge bum, bought a gas can & gas and walked back into the jungle, fired it up and headed for the fuel dock and was really surprised to find Chevron premium for $2.09, they usually jack up the prices, this was in Gadsden and the drag boats are already setting up, about 6 teams and it's only Monday, the west coast teams just hang out and wait,
my friend has a fuel tank/trailer that he keeps by his pier and people kept pulling up to it in their boats and stealing out of it so he drained it and filled it with water and kept checking the level in it every night, they hit him again and filled up with 20 gallons of water!! never happened again.

Tinkerer
07-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Then their is the story about the guy that syphoned the "FUEL" out of the WASTE tank. Heard that he got a mouth full.
I think that I would puke for at least a week.

ACCEPTENCE
07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
I had 2 5 gallon cans stolen from my truck last year.I should have brought them in but forgot.The next time it wont be gas in a can but 5 gallons of nitro.:D I will know who the neighborhood kid is who took it then.That is the gamble they wil take next time is it gas or something else?.I will add gas so it smells like it too.
That's an excellent plan!!!!!
So your out the cost of the nitro but to watch the little rice burner blow up would be priceless:D .
I'd set the trap just for the fun of watching it all happen!!!

repo man
07-19-2004, 07:01 PM
i keep 5 gallons of water in a gas can in the back of my towtruck for cars that overheat .someone stole it out of my work truck. i found my gas can in the back of a beat up toyota truck about a quater mile away. the idiot put 5 gallons of water in his gas tank. i took my gas can back and fliped his truck over with my tow truck for the truble. this time the good guy won!

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Robert the nitro deal would be classic. Almost good enough to bait someone then take pics;)

Infomaniac
07-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Locking gas cap is the fix.
But put the locking cap on the car of the person that you are pretty sure took your gas.
If not the right person at least it will make you feel better.
We called a siphon hose an Oklahoma credit card when I lived in CA :D

77charger
07-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Robert the nitro deal would be classic. Almost good enough to bait someone then take pics;) to me it would be worth the cost.we had 5 gallons of it for one of the boats but never used it.My boss gave it to someone who can so i just need to get 5 gallons to set the trap I might do it at powell.If someone is stupid enough to take someones gas they deserve the expense.

Mandelon
07-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I store it in a "less good" area... so I know it was one of the deadbeat neighbors.
Must be in a white neighborhood
Ummmmm. No. :wink: