PDA

View Full Version : Vlade back to the Lakers!

Jetdriver
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
What other poor decisions will the Lakers be making?:mad:

MagicMtnDan
07-19-2004, 05:25 PM
1. Demolishing the team to keep Kobe
2. Getting rid of Shaq for a buncha nuthins
3. Losing D-Fish
4. Signing Vlade
Did you see how Mr. Wishy-Washy (Gary Payton) now is talking like he's gonna stay and make this team come together?! That a-hole was howlin' like a coyote when they traded Shaq. Hey Gary, take your over-the-hill "talent" to another team. :yuk:

mbrown2
07-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Why?:(

bigerich
07-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but with the "Vlade Flop" they will get a lot more foul calls. Plus, Vlade can smoke and play ball, what a hero!

gramps
07-19-2004, 05:55 PM
unfriggin believable....................I WAS a laker fan...........didn't they learn the first time???????

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 05:57 PM
After all the crap he talked....

JetBoatRich
07-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Never liked him:o even when he played for the Lakers:yuk:

dicudmore
07-19-2004, 05:59 PM
he played for the lakers when I was in elementary school
AARP and still in the NBA?

AzDon
07-19-2004, 06:15 PM
I went to the Diamondbacks game Saturday night and a really strange thing happened....They were chanting for Vlade! It went something like: Lets go Divacs, Lets Go!
Kinda weird.... wrong sport wrong place....
Welcome to the twilight zone!

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 06:19 PM
He is one of the few guys that gives Shaq a hard time, also he is a big body.

throwerb
07-19-2004, 06:57 PM
He must have slept with Kobe.:wink:

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
What other poor decisions will the Lakers be making?:mad:
Well, he can teach the younger set the Hollywood Vlade Flop!

bigerich
07-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
I went to the Diamondbacks game Saturday night and a really strange thing happened....They were chanting for Vlade! It went something like: Lets go Divacs, Lets Go!
Kinda weird.... wrong sport wrong place....
Welcome to the twilight zone!
I am no genious, but you sure they weren't chanting, "lets go D-backs, lets go"???? HMMMM:D

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Vlade Divac
Divac to sign with Lakers
Bee Sports staff and Associated Press
Published 12:26 pm PDT Monday, July 19, 2004
Get the latest news in sacbee.com's Kings Alert newsletter. Sign up here.
[Updated at 5:22 p.m. July 19] Vlade Divac has made his decision: Monday morning he told The Bee's Martin McNeal that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Divac, who made $12 million with the Kings last season, was offered approximately $2.5 million by the Kings to return for this season. He had said that the Lakers and the Clippers each had offered twice as much.
Divac, 36, had been with the Kings since signing as a free agent in 1999. Before that, he had played for Charlotte for two seasons. He had been traded to Charlotte by the Lakers in 1996. Divac had been a Laker for seven seasons before that. The Lakers traded Divac to Charlotte in order to acquire the draft rights to Kobe Bryant. Now, they will both be on the Lakers' roster.
Divac joined the Kings at the same time as Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic and coach Rick Adelman. They transformed one of the NBA's worst franchises into a perennial championship contender. Sacramento has made six straight playoff appearances with Divac as its starting center.
But Divac lost significant playing time last season when the Kings acquired All-Star center Brad Miller from Indiana. Divac averaged just 6.6 points last season, the lowest of his career. Divac will bring superb passing, solid defense and leadership to the Lakers, whose frontcourt was terribly thin behind Shaquille O'Neal last season. Divac and Brian Grant will see playing time at center as the Lakers inevitably change their style of play without Shaq.
And after six years angering Lakers fans with his flopping style of defense against O'Neal, it will be interesting to see Divac's reception at Staples Center.
The Kings once had one of the NBA's deepest frontcourts, but Divac's departure leaves Miller as the only center on the roster. Still, Sacramento's top six scorers and promising reserve forward Darius Songaila will return.

beer hunter
07-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Well, he can teach the younger set the Hollywood Vlade Flop!
He is very good at that, seriously though, the Lakers need a veteran center and while he is nearing the end of his career, he is still an excellent player and is someone that can provide some leadership for a young team.

mmered8299
07-19-2004, 07:58 PM
At least Divac can shoot the Free Throw. Is Shaq could have done that during finals Laker probably wouldn't be in this mess.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by mmered8299
At least Divac can shoot the Free Throw. Is Shaq could have done that during finals Laker probably wouldn't be in this mess.
while it would have helped the scores, I don't think it would have saved them...

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 08:07 PM
while it would have helped the scores, I don't think it would have saved them...
What do you think of your center leaving your team? is it a blow to you folks?

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
What do you think of your center leaving your team? is it a blow to you folks?
He was an asset to the team. He provided leadership, mentoring the younger ones, helping them get the discipline to push themselves.
That being said, I thought last year was his worst season. I think he is definitely in the twilight of his career.

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 08:14 PM
He was an asset to the team. He provided leadership, mentoring the younger ones, helping them get the discipline to push themselves.
That being said, I thought last year was his worst season. I think he is definitely in the twilight of his career.
I agree...
It all becomes THAT much more clearer that the Shaq to Miami deal was Kobe's doing. Cause they went out and got Divac and could have kept Shaq who is clearly a better center.

Ziggy
07-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Who cares--Football is just around the corner:)