PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Big Proppa!!!

Heatseeker
07-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Big Proppa came through for me!!!
Back in April, I bought a set of unused Bassett twist headers from Bill. They were gorgeous. When I finally got the boat together and mounted up the headers, I noticed that they were two very different heights(2 1/2" different!) above the transom of the boat. After looking closer at them, I found the the set was not a set at all. They had two different tag numbers and manufacture dates on them.
I PM'd Bill in a panic. I included a picture for him to see what was up.
Long story short: after a couple of phone conversations and and a bunch of PMs, he was able to get the distributor he bought them from to send another pipe to try and make a match. When that header was identical to the one I already had, Bill convinced the distributor to swap the mismatched set(it turns out that the driver side header was fabbed incorrectly) with a new matched set of Shotgun style Bassetts. They arrived today. They're beautiful(I just love fresh chrome :D ).
Bill, you're alright in my book! You're a man of your word in a world where that really stands for something.
Thanks a million!

Oldsquirt
07-19-2004, 06:07 PM
That's pretty cool John. Now, where's the pics?:D

MudPumper
07-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Bill is a stand up guy and a pleasure to know.;)

Heatseeker
07-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
That's pretty cool John. Now, where's the pics?:D
Geez, I just unpacked them! Giveaguyabreakalready... :p
I'll post up some pics once they are installed(the end of the week).

Cs19
07-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I agree. Bill is a great guy ( even though he never picks up his cell phone) :D
Bill hooked me up a few months back too, he went way out of his way to get me something I needed, thanks again Bill.

Heatseeker
07-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Here's the pics of the headers installed!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3663headers-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3663headers4-med.jpg
The headers are even above the transom(six inches above on each side) and the collector angles are exact. I think they look great.
Thanks again Bill!
It's time for some more boating!!!

Big Proppa
10-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Wow how did I miss this post - I know it's three months old but dude! you're totally welcome, you need to get that bad boy down here this summer.
I have just tried to treat other members of these boards how they have treated me - definately cool around here

MudPumper
10-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Way to be on the ball, Bill. LOL

Cs19
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
come on Proppa get your sh it togethor. :p

Big Proppa
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Dude! I'm tryin bro. been on the enternet for friggin 5 hours board off my ass today. I bought 25 bucks worth off candy got not one trick or treater. What's up in the hood?

MudPumper
10-31-2004, 08:29 PM
You must live in the one house in the neighborhood that all the kids too scared to go to. LMAO It's OK Bill, all of us here like you. ;)

Big Proppa
11-01-2004, 07:45 AM
They must have had trouble getting past all the boats and cars on the lawn
:rollside:

waterwitch
11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Who is the guy in your avator?
I just saw you... and your way cuter! :D

mouzer
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
:eek: OH MY GOD :hammerhea what the :argue: ive been dilling with that nucklehead for years,Bills a great guy if you can get him to call you back :cool: (true)but he has always came through for me (sorta) :hammerhea after i threaten to sell his nice engine hoist which i hold for ransom teheeeeeeeeee :coffeycup :rolleyes: