PDA

View Full Version : I need computer help??????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 03:44 PM
When I load up pages on here I can only see a few pics by certain people? I posted a pic earlier in just jets and all I see is red x's. WTF????????:confused: :confused: Do I need to change a setting on my computer? I just got this new sony vaio with a cable modem. With my old custom comp I never see this b4:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Can anyone see this??? Because I cant.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/239454ram2-med.JPG

mirvin
07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
I can see it 396. Sometimes you need to refresh. Sometimes I just log off and come back and everything works.
mirvin;)

Kilrtoy
07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Im no expert but it looks fine to me, Sometimes computers act funny and what you are describing has happened to me on a few occasions, But it fixed it self on its own.
That is the best i can give You...

Kim Hanson
07-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Looks like a really tits tunnel ram all chromed up..........( . )( . ).....:cool:

HammerDown
07-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Did you try my suggestions?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Did you try my suggestions?
Yup an no luck. I set the internet security level to low and still nothing.

Bense468
07-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Run some updates from Microsoft.com. See if any of the web stuff stuff will help.
The preload you got on your PC is an image. It is more then likley old and requires some updates anyway. BTW service pack 2 is coming out for XP that has a lot of web security built in and also has a built in firewall that works a lot better then the older version of XP.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 05:20 PM
when I click on the properties of the pic this is what I get.
Protocol: Hyper text transfre protocol
Type: Not available
Address:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/
{URL}239454ram2-med.JPG
Size: Not available
Dimensions: 600 x 450 pixels
Created: Not available
Modified: Not available

Rexone
07-20-2004, 05:21 PM
396 tighten the keyboard clearances up you probably have them set a little on the loose side. :p
If the new computer came with a firewall you might have some settings that need tweeking that are currently disallowing some file types or sources.

shueman
07-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
If the new computer came with a firewall you might have some settings that need tweeking that are currently disallowing some file types or sources. [/B]
Exactly....Norton Security will "red x" just about everything.....unless you lower the threshold....

shueman
07-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Better yet....get m MAC...!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 05:56 PM
I can see mirvin,hammerdown, or rexones atavars. I changed all of my internet settings. I turned off my pc-cillin antivirus an still nothing!!! This is starting to piss me off. This is a bran new sony vaio computer!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

CHEETER-JOE
07-20-2004, 06:28 PM
I have the same effin problem, but my computer is about a year old now. This just started a couple of weeks ago. I can see only some pics and avatars. All my setting are set on low.????:mad:

HotDogz
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
try this and see if it works...
open up internet explorer
select "TOOLS" from the menu
then select "Internet Options"
select the "Advanced Tab"
scroll down using the scroll bar on the left until you see "Multimedia"
Under "Multimedia" is a check box entitled "show pictures", make sure the box is checked. Click apply and O.K.
Close Explorer and open it up again and visit your pics online.
Might work.. good luck:cool:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by HotDogz
try this and see if it works...
open up internet explorer
select "TOOLS" from the menu
then select "Internet Options"
select the "Advanced Tab"
scroll down using the scroll bar on the left until you see "Multimedia"
Under "Multimedia" is a check box entitled "show pictures", make sure the box is checked. Click apply and O.K.
Close Explorer and open it up again and visit your pics online.
Might work.. good luck:cool:
Mine was alreay checked so I unchecked it and it took off all the smilee's. So i checke it again but still the same. No pic!!!!!!!

HotDogz
07-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I tried copying the URL out of the pictures property sheet and pasting in to explorer but link would not go through. Make sure your link works.
Another possibility is your settings in User CP > Edit Options > Thread View Options > Show Image Attchmnts and Code > Yes
:confused:
Got me thinkin...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by HotDogz
I tried copying the URL out of the pictures property sheet and pasting in to explorer but link would not go through. Make sure your link works.
Another possibility is your settings in User CP > Edit Options > Thread View Options > Show Image Attchmnts and Code > Yes
:confused:
Got me thinkin...
All fields are checked yes! WTF:mad: :mad: I just might have to go to sony and through this computer through the window:yuk: :yuk:

Kilrtoy
07-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I read that someone posted to lower your settings on the security system.
DONT DO THAT, you will be opening yourself to headaches. Dont forget to get virus and all that protection added to your computer....

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Are you using a broadband router?