PDA

View Full Version : **** NUKES found in Iraq *****

carbonmarine
07-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Seems early, but here the initial report....
***Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq ***
Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.
The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.
"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.
They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.
The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.
The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

1stepcloser
07-21-2004, 07:09 AM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//eek7.gif

Dr. Eagle
07-21-2004, 07:14 AM
I did a quick look around the news services... where did you pick this up... I couldn't find a thing.

Wally_Gator
07-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Where was this story published?

Jetdriver
07-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Cant find anything on it either!

carbonmarine
07-21-2004, 07:19 AM
United Press......... www.upi.com
They are a news wire like Associated Press, Reuters, Int'l herald etc...

vodkarocks
07-21-2004, 07:20 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&e=6&u=/nm/iraq_nuclear_dc

Outnumbered
07-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I did a quick look around the news services... where did you pick this up... I couldn't find a thing.
I'm sure the liberal media is trying to avoid this one if they can. They already claimed victory and stated they are right..."there are no WMDs". This would validate us being in Iraq and put Bush on top. It is the last thing they want.
OL

Outnumbered
07-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Drudge has it too...seems everyone is trying to validate before they come out with this. This would be huge news.
Drudge Report (http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/07210000aaa01bea.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World%20News)

Outnumbered
07-21-2004, 07:33 AM
That is a link. Here is the Drudge home page:
www.drudgereport.com

manuel
07-21-2004, 07:47 AM
The Washington Times has it as their top breaking news story from UPI,
http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Seems early, but here the initial report....
***Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq ***
Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.
The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.
"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.
They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.
The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.
The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Gettin close to election time.. LOL :D
I wonder if they peeled off the "Made in the USA" stickers.
(did I just say that out loud?)
RD

Blown 472
07-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
RD
Ding, now there is a big push to find bin ladin, where as the last what, three years there was none. :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-21-2004, 08:00 AM
RD
Are you kidding? We'd never use USA Nukes for something like this...
Hope they took off the "made in Israel" stickers...:D

Blown 472
07-21-2004, 08:02 AM
They dont have any nukes, just ask them.:rolleyes:

Mr.Havasu
07-21-2004, 08:04 AM
RD
Now that is FUNNY!:D

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Isreals stuff is still made over here.. It's just that they are the only ones over there that we sell them too. ;)
Still made in USA just planted by Israeli intelligence..
After all it was Isreali (not U.S.) Intelligence that claimed Iraq had WMD's in the 1st place..
RD <---- going to shut up now before I'm accussed of being a pinko / liberal whatever...

Dr. Eagle
07-21-2004, 08:18 AM
RD <---- going to shut up now before I'm accussed of being a pinko / liberal whatever...
LOL...... you PINKO!!!!!!;)
Dr. E<--------------------Smartass as usual....;)

Ducatista
07-21-2004, 09:08 AM
[
RD <---- going to shut up now before I'm accussed of being a pinko / liberal whatever... [/B][/QUOTE]
That's funny, when I read your first post I was going to do just that, and accuse you of sounding like LP or something. Timing is everything as they say! I kinda hope that it is a factual report, the intelligence community could use break for a change. They have been beaten up pretty badly since 9-11, and rightfully so. I just don't see Bush as the warmonger the Dems make him out to be. Now, if somehow we catch Bin Laden a month before the election.................damn good timing George! :D

mirvin
07-21-2004, 09:18 AM
How come I'm the only one who knows that W already has Bin Laden? He's keeping him in his basement at the ranch. :D
mirvin

ROZ
07-21-2004, 09:55 AM
After all it was Isreali (not U.S.) Intelligence that claimed Iraq had WMD's in the 1st place..
I thought is was British and UN intelligence...... UN has been at it for 7- 10 years? :confused:

Hallett19
07-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I think its funny how there are two different POVs on this matter, you have the people who are like "we finally found them, this is great" and the ones who think this is an election ploy. Who knows what it is, both sides could be right in a way, all I know is I was listening to howard stern today and I am sooooo over his BS, anti bush, pro michael moore theory on politics, makes me sick.

FRENCHIE
07-21-2004, 10:16 AM
good news !!!;)

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Hallett19
I think its funny how there are two different POVs on this matter, you have the people who are like "we finally found them, this is great" and the ones who think this is an election ploy. Who knows what it is, both sides could be right in a way, all I know is I was listening to howard stern today and I am sooooo over his BS, anti bush, pro michael moore theory on politics, makes me sick.
If it makes you feel any better I'm still voting for Bush..
Not because I like him, just becuase I hate Kerry that much more.
Michael Moore? Nigga please..
RD

Dr. Eagle
07-21-2004, 11:23 AM
If it makes you feel any better I'm still voting for Bush..
Not because I like him, just becuase I hate Kerry that much more.
Michael Moore? Nigga please..
RD
that's really funny. I am voting for Bush too... And... I would love it if the Nukes were REALLY found... I just would like to be REALLY SURE before I jump on the bandwagon that this is accurate.

HighRoller
07-21-2004, 01:01 PM
We probably haven't heard anything from the Mainstream press here in the USA because they're still having meetings, conference calls, faxes and strategy sessions on how to spin this so the least amount of damage occurs to the Dems and the Lurch/Wheelchair ticket. They'll probably claim that GW Bush loaded up the SR71 with the missiles, bags of concrete and Osama's body and flew it over there himself to commit the dastardly deed.

Lake Pirate
07-21-2004, 01:29 PM
There have been many false alarms so it is smart to await verification. Contrary to popular belief I am actually pulling for this blurb to be the truth. There's nothing I would like better than for America to be vindicated in world opinion.

beer hunter
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
We probably haven't heard anything from the Mainstream press here in the USA because they're still having meetings, conference calls, faxes and strategy sessions on how to spin this so the least amount of damage occurs to the Dems and the Lurch/Wheelchair ticket. They'll probably claim that GW Bush loaded up the SR71 with the missiles, bags of concrete and Osama's body and flew it over there himself to commit the dastardly deed.
You may be right ;) I'm sure the liberal media has an agenda and I'm sure they're being very careful not to spin anything in a way that might benefit the Republicans. :D

mirvin
07-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Fu ck "world opinion". Who cares. America will do what it has to do. The world will come groveling for our help, and then hate us for it.
That's just the way it is. America needs to stop being PC.
mirvin;)

beer hunter
07-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Contrary to popular belief I am actually pulling for this blurb to be the truth. There's nothing I would like better than for America to be vindicated in world opinion.
Really? :confused:

miller19j
07-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Usually if it was credible BBC would have had it by now. I would love it to be true but I find it suspicious that no recognized news sources have anything about it. :confused:

Danhercules
07-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Kerry and the Democraps are gonna be DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

miller19j
Originally posted by mirvin
Fu ck "world opinion". Who cares. America will do what it has to do. The world will come groveling for our help, and then hate us for it.
That's just the way it is. America needs to stop being PC.
mirvin;) I think that you need to reword you post you may hurt someone’s feelings with your harsh words. :D

Lake Pirate
I said vindication. I could care less about political correctness. We should care about world opinion. Anything less is like owning a business and not giving a shit what your customers think. Foolhardy and arrogant. Neither particularly appealing traits.

beer hunter
Originally posted by Danhercules
Kerry and the Democraps are gonna be DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you're right! :D

mirvin
07-21-2004, 01:44 PM
I said vindication. I could care less about political correctness. We should care about world opinion. Anything less is like owning a business and not giving a shit what your customers think. Foolhardy and arrogant. Neither particularly appealing traits.
What I'm getting at is that we need to do what is necessary for us and not worry about "world opinion". Not in an arrogant manner, but in a realistic manner. Political correctness is a manifestation of "world opinion" in that we consider it as a factor in descision making.
By "vindication" you mean in the "worlds eye" and to that I say "who cares". I don't feel like we need vindication because history is our vindication and the rest of the world skewing the facts and playing for their agenda doesn't affect me in the least. It's getting to the point where people need to get in line or go thier own way so to speak.
To quote GW "Either you're with us, or your against us"
mirvin

mirvin
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
I think that you need to reword you post you may hurt someone’s feelings with your harsh words. :D
Are you some sort of "Girley Man"??:D
mirvin

miller19j
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
mirvin I find that comment Homophobic and Offensive! :D

Ducatista
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
There have been many false alarms so it is smart to await verification. Contrary to popular belief I am actually pulling for this blurb to be the truth. There's nothing I would like better than for America to be vindicated in world opinion.
There may be hope for you yet, Lake Pirate.;)

beer hunter
07-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
There may be hope for you yet, Lake Pirate.;)
Don't bet on that. :D

Lake Pirate
07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
GW spoke in terms of political bravado in light of the current mood in America. Very wise when you are an elected official. However, we are not the most powerful nation on the planet if the world unites against us, and it's almost like we are daring them to do it? In order to manipulate the citizens of the world to support our ideas and policies we need to understand that alenating them will only promulgate the opposite. I'm all about power, not the loss of it. I know we could bomb the shit out of everyone, and there is little most could do about it, but since we won't do that, then we should consider the psychological game of world opinion.
Am I the only one that hits the "start new thread" button six out of ten times?

miller19j
07-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Am I the only one that hits the "start new thread" button six out of ten times? That’s because it is just to the “left” of the reply button :D

stoker
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
That’s because it is just to the “left” of the reply button :D
That right there is funy!:D

mirvin
07-21-2004, 02:09 PM
You're killing me Miller!!:D :D
I think we're talking about the same thing here LP.
I just think that the world needs America way more then America needs the world. All anyone needs to do is ask us for help and BAM! There it is. But you know what, it's never free. America is going to ask something of you in return. What's wrong with that??
It's like the rest of the world is a teenager and we're the parents. "Yeah, we'll pay for college for you, but while we're footing the bill, you gotta live by OUR RULES, bitch";)
Isn't that how it works in life? When you get your paycheck doens't it come with some rules set forth by those who sign your check??
mirvin - and don't gimme any bs about how you sing your own check. That is not an argument:D

HM
07-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I find that comment Homophobic and Offensive! :D
Of course you are, rainbow boy.
He is not homophobic.....he is just scared of fags.;) :p

Lake Pirate
07-21-2004, 02:27 PM
You're right. I dodge the right button instinctively.
Mirv ~ I agree to a point yet, we are now the parent trying to control a young adult with their own apartment. it's time to tweak our strategy. We are suffering a precedent set by our predecessors. Namely our parents. They gave and gave with no threat of recourse or accountability and then when they wanted even more, they gave again. They are doing what we taught them to do. Now all of a sudden we are trying to cash in the receipt and they are calling foul. It's basic operant conditioning that we instigated and nurtured. Now it's time to use reverse psychology and bring them into the fold. Threats will only alienate them further...just like with a child.

mirvin
07-21-2004, 02:34 PM
And some children need to be pushed out into the world before they can grow up.......
mirvin;)

Outnumbered
07-21-2004, 02:54 PM
mirvin
I think its pronounced, "Girly Mon":D said in your best Hanz and Franz accent.
OL

totenhosen
07-22-2004, 07:09 AM
BS story! I guarantee you if they had found nukes in Iraq that Bush and all his buddies would be on tv announcing it. Or are you saying that the media wouldn't show a Bush press conference?

ratso
07-22-2004, 07:17 AM
LMMFingAO:D

HighRoller
07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I agree to some degree with "getting along" with your neighbors, but they have to try as well. France and Germany are two nations that constantly try to undermine everything we do. It's alright to disagree with us, but protesting and burning our flag is not as far as I'm concerned. If your nation is too cowardly to engage in a military action(France), just shut up and get out of the way. Don't try and distract people from your cowardice by calling the brave ones war mongers and criminals. And the analogy that the rest of the world's countries are our customers is not exactly true because we are a self sufficient nation. We deal with foreign countries for reasons of economy and expediency, not necessity.

1978 Rogers
07-22-2004, 02:14 PM
The real question is "When hasn't history shown France is too cowardly to engage in a military action". That's a lot easier to count. :D

LASERRAY
07-22-2004, 03:00 PM
GW spoke in terms of political bravado in light of the current mood in America. Very wise when you are an elected official. However, we are not the most powerful nation on the planet if the world unites against us, and it's almost like we are daring them to do it? In order to manipulate the citizens of the world to support our ideas and policies we need to understand that alenating them will only promulgate the opposite. I'm all about power, not the loss of it. I know we could bomb the shit out of everyone, and there is little most could do about it, but since we won't do that, then we should consider the psychological game of world opinion.
Am I the only one that hits the "start new thread" button six out of ten times? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. :rolleyes:
Hey Butt Pirate, the French countryside is calling your name.
Say hi to Roman Polanski for me.:yuk:
:cool:

1978 Rogers
07-23-2004, 10:09 AM
:D :D :D

Dr. Eagle
07-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 1978 Rogers
:D :D :D
That's hilarious!
and oh so true!!!!

1978 Rogers
07-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Heres one you won't see on CNN. I think somenone posted this picture here last year.