PDA

View Full Version : Wes and Trident Boats

BarryMac
07-21-2004, 07:32 AM
I just registered on Wes' site so I can get the build updates on the Trident as they are released, I am amazed at the fact that he took the time out of his busy schedule to send me an e-mail, you just don't see that anymore, seems like everyone is too busy. I personally have never met him but hope to very soon, he seems like a stand up kinda guy with the passion to make his dream a reality.
gjb

NashvilleBound
07-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
I just registered on Wes' site so I can get the build updates on the Trident as they are released, I am amazed at the fact that he took the time out of his busy schedule to send me an e-mail, you just don't see that anymore, seems like everyone is too busy. I personally have never met him but hope to very soon, he seems like a stand up kinda guy with the passion to make his dream a reality.
gjb
Exactly.

dicudmore
07-21-2004, 07:50 AM
right on :D

hoolign
07-21-2004, 08:21 AM
kudos are in order(is that still aword these days?)

Infomaniac
07-21-2004, 08:29 AM
I will have to say that Wes and the Trident team have a business ethic that is almost unheard of.
I can also vouch that they require the same attitude of their vendors.
This will no doubt lead to a second to none quality of their product and also reciprocate to their customer service.

BarryMac
07-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
I will have to say that Wes and the Trident team have a business ethic that is almost unheard of.
I can also vouch that they require the same attitude of their vendors.
This will no doubt lead to a second to none quality of their product and also reciprocate to their customer service.
Infomaniac, that is the exact feeling I get from him and his company, 1st class all the way...
gjb

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 03:49 PM
TriDizzle Custom Bizzle? :D
RD

clownpuncher
07-21-2004, 04:21 PM
I mentioned this on RRL, but, it's worth repeating.
After buying a boat from Wes (OTR), I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Maybe even one of the Revolutions one day. When I first bought my boat and picked it up at Wes', I asked him....
"OK, what on this boat is NOT custom/upgraded?"
Scratching his head, Wes said something to the effect of, "well, the battery switch maybe?"
As time goes on and I go through my boat for maintenance, repairs etc, I'm constantly reminded that, although possible, I find it highly unlikely that there is a single component/system/layout feature that was an after-thought to Wes. Hell, he even had amp flush mounts built into the actual hull so's to have a very clean sound system install. It appears that everything was very well thought out and planned before and during the build. Just look at the battery mounts for the stereo, the sub enclosures, the engine and even the cool little cooler-seat.
Interestingly, when I picked my boat up from Paul Pfaff after an engine build I was asked.................
"who rigged this boat?"
I hesitantly asked "w-w-why? What's the problem?"
"that's my point, nothing's wrong. You can tell this boat was rigged very well, totall custom"
The boys at PP are gonna make unsolicited compliments? Cool.
Props to Ultra as well. After all, it is one and I'm sure most of the work was done there. All my friends with Ultras love their boats as well.
I'm not an expert on boats by any means, but, you don't have to be one to notice the attention to detail and planning. I have all the confidence that this "ethic" has and will continue to prevail in Trident Custom Boats.
Like I say, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another boat, new/used whatever, from Wes. I guess my biggest hurdle in getting a new Revolution would be my beer budget
:D

Froggystyle
07-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys. Made my day!
We are really trying to apply the golden rule here. I am sick of vendors that don't return calls, promise more than they can deliver or otherwise mislead the client. As Roland found on the Ultra I completely re-rigged, it isn't really enough for me to have it look good from the top, I am far more interested in what a rigger has to say after checking it all out.
Bottom line is, instead of trying to impress the easiest to impress, we are trying to impress the impossible to impress.
I am in the latter catagory, so the benefit is, we will be constantly searching for improvement.
I am warmed by the response to the boat in the last couple of weeks, and it has fired everyone here up for the next couple months of agonizing work to get #1 on the water and tested.
Thanks again folks. We won't let you down.
Wes

MagicMtnDan
07-22-2004, 06:41 AM
Clearly there's more to making boats than just making a fiberglass bottom that floats.
Some boat makers make great boats. Some offer great service. Some offer good value. Some a great riggers. Some are professional and honest and treat their customers right.
It looks like Wes and Trident Boats are trying to be the very best company possible. It is refreshing to see and I for one am hoping that they achieve their dream.
It will be great for all of us even if we don't have the opportunity or $ to buy a Trident. It will put pressure on the other boat makers to step up and do things right.
Of course some boat makers (and we know who they are right Jeff?) may never get any of it right.

Froggystyle
07-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Of course some boat makers (and we know who they are right Jeff?) may never get any of it right.
They aren't boat makers... they are shady businessmen who own boat companies.
Thanks though Dan. We are trying.
By doing all of these updates all of the time, we have put ourselves under a microscope with regard to the public. For me, I have loved it because it has brought to light little things people would like to see different. We changed them, and moved everything forward as a result.
See you this summer on the water ;)
Wes