View Full Version : Need Extra Battery Installed

bear down
07-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Who can do this in Lake Havasu and how much will it cost me?? Thanks

Phat Matt
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bear down
Who can do this in Lake Havasu and how much will it cost me?? Thanks
Is it because you keep your boat there? Or you don't want to do it? It's really not that hard to put in a switch (if you don't have one) and add a battery. You learn a little and save some cash.

riverbound
07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
PM Mr. Naudio. he is located in Havisu and works for a stereo shop.

bear down
07-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Is it because you keep your boat there? Or you don't want to do it? It's really not that hard to put in a switch (if you don't have one) and add a battery. You learn a little and save some cash.
I have my boat stored in Havasu. I really don't want to do a project when I get in on Friday night. I rather pay someone who know how to do it right. I currently have two batt's but need a third.

riverbound
07-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Naudio does a lot of posting in the boat audio/visual section.

Phat Matt
07-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I have my boat stored in Havasu. I really don't want to do a project when I get in on Friday night. I rather pay someone who know how to do it right. I currently have two batt's but need a third.
You know I would like to help you more...but we're Green Bay fans. :D

Kachina26
07-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Don't you have it stored at Campbells? I'm sure they could do it for ya. I thought I saw your boat there.:confused:

riverbound
07-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Bear down,
If you already have two batts and are just adding one it is a matter of 4 screws and 4 wing nuts hardly a project. If you come by the shop I can premake you the batt cables. and sell you the bracket (any color you want) and the batt (20 min job at most).
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681MIKE_NORMAN_012-med.jpg

phebus
07-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Bill, what do you guys get for those battery boxes?

riverbound
07-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Bill, what do you guys get for those battery boxes?
Hot boat price $99

bear down
07-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Don't you have it stored at Campbells? I'm sure they could do it for ya. I thought I saw your boat there.:confused:
We do have a storage at campbells but currently I have my boat at my Crazy Horse spot. I don't think Campbells will pick up my boat there but maybe on the next trip I will leave back in storage and have them do it, forgot about Campbells Service Dept. What do you guys think it will cost me to get this extra battery?

Phat Matt
07-21-2004, 07:21 PM
What do you guys think it will cost me to get this extra battery?
Probably Urlacher. :D

Doug H.
07-21-2004, 10:11 PM
That was good Phat Matt

TrojanDan
07-22-2004, 01:04 AM
What do you guys think it will cost me to get this extra battery?
Depends on what type of battery you want. A cheap Interstate or pricey Optima? Listen to Riverbound, it's not a difficult install. If you know how to jump start a car, then I'm sure you know which is positive and which is negative on the battery terminals. Just connect a new red wire (4 guage) on the positive post of the existing battery to the new battery and a new black wire to the existing negative post to the negative post of the new battery.
They even sell the battery cables at varying length with crimped fittings at Wallymart.
Not a difficult job to do.

bear down
07-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Probably Urlacher. :D
Forget about it then....Not worth the extra battery! :D

bear down
07-22-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
Depends on what type of battery you want. A cheap Interstate or pricey Optima? Listen to Riverbound, it's not a difficult install. If you know how to jump start a car, then I'm sure you know which is positive and which is negative on the battery terminals. Just connect a new red wire (4 guage) on the positive post of the existing battery to the new battery and a new black wire to the existing negative post to the negative post of the new battery.
They even sell the battery cables at varying length with crimped fittings at Wallymart.
Not a difficult job to do.
How easy is it to mount the battery box to the boat. I currently have two batteries in the boat. Do I put the 3rd battery on the same side or do I install it on the opposite side. Trojan Dan if I run it the way you say to does that mean I am running the batteries parallel (just piggy backing of an exisiting battery) and if I am once I turn my batt switch to the battery I want charged will the new batt. charge as good as the one I am tied into? Thanks for the info.

Phat Matt
07-22-2004, 07:59 AM
How easy is it to mount the battery box to the boat. I currently have two batteries in the boat. Do I put the 3rd battery on the same side or do I install it on the opposite side. Trojan Dan if I run it the way you say to does that mean I am running the batteries parallel (just piggy backing of an exisiting battery) and if I am once I turn my batt switch to the battery I want charged will the new batt. charge as good as the one I am tied into? Thanks for the info.
I you already have the switch in it's a piece of cake. You can mount the battery on either side, it just depends how your boat rides right now. If it tends to lean to one side while you're moving I would put it on the opposite side to even it out. Once you decide where you are going to put it, measure the distance to the connecting battery and go buy premade cables (walmart, autozone, kargen). The battery brackets are easy to install whether it's a plastic one or billet. You will have to drill holes where ever you are mouting it, screw in the bottom of the battery bracket, set the battery in and mount it up. Then just connent the positive post to the other positive post with the cable you bought and do the same with the negatives. The only other thing you may want to do to be sure is pull off the switch to see how they ahve it wired so you know that 1 is your starting battery and 2 is your dual stereo batteries. You can do it yourself and it really won't cost you #54. :D

phebus
07-22-2004, 08:03 AM
If you are going to mount the battery any distance from the others, go with large gauge cables, not the ones you get at Wal Mart. I woulg suggest mounting your batteries right next to each other.