PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID'ing an impeller

poncho-pwr
04-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I have what appears to be a new aluminum impeller and I am trying to find out more about it. Stamped on it is " L 2507 " and A- . Also right around the middle it says hi-tech performance 11-?-2004. Is anyone familiar with the hi-tech performance line of impellers, and are they a good impeller? I was thinking about buying a new Aggressor aluminum impeller because I have heard a lot of good things about them but if the hi-tech impeller I have is just as good I will run it and spend the money somewhere else.

Oldsquirt
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
"L-2507" is Berkeley impeller part number.
"A-" is cut size, in this case an "A minus"
Hi-Tech performance is run by one of the members here, "Duane HTP (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=2132) . Click on his name for profile and contact info. He can surely tell you exactly what was done to that impeller.

poncho-pwr
04-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Thank you sir.
Does anyone have any experience with hi-tech performance modified impellers?

poncho-pwr
04-06-2006, 07:09 PM
This impeller doesn't appear to have been modified like others I have seen. It is dull gray in appearence except for where it appears to have been machined on the outside lip. It hasn't been run yet, just looking for info and advice.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Thank you sir.
Does anyone have any experience with hi-tech performance modified impellers?
I just got mine done from him. I will post info next month. Duane is a great guy. Call him and he will be glad to help you;) Tell him your from ***boat;)

poncho-pwr
04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
What did you have done? I sent him a PM, hopefully he will respond.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-07-2006, 03:33 PM
If it appears to have been machined on the out-side/aft-side, then it may not be an "A" anymore, although when DuaneHTP cut my Agressor "AA" to a "B" (to maintain a Berk "A" cut RPM), he XX'd out the AA and stamped a "B" below it.
The way to tell is to measure it. At the top of this page is a picture/drawing of an impeller and a measurement chart to help you figure out what it is.
http://www.berkeleyjet.com/products/impeller-info.htm
A measurement in-between gets called both letters. (such as smaller than an "A" but bigger than a "B" would be an "AB", same with a "BC" or "CD")
There is about a 300 RPM increase/decrease per smaller/larger full size, assuming no change in horsepower applied.
hope this helps.

Duane HTP
04-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Poncho, Read your PM.

poncho-pwr
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you Duane.