PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant Question

SoCalOffshore
07-21-2004, 07:04 PM
I am heading out to the Phoenix area and plan on doing some wakeboarding. Is Lake Pleasant the best place to go? What is the story? Do I need to launch early on Saturday or what? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have never been. Any good hotels in the area?? Thanks.

HAULNZ
07-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Lake Pleasant can get pretty rough on the weekends. If you got there early you would probably be ok. Bartlett Lake on the other hand is more water sport friendly, not as many big boats. Were are you staying in Phoenix?

SoCalOffshore
07-21-2004, 08:14 PM
I have not booked anything. Where is Bartlet Lake? Where would be the best place to stay. Any Micro brews around? :D

HAULNZ
07-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Bartlett Lake is in North Scottsdale/Cave Creek area. There are a ton of places to stay and party in Scottsdale. Our resident East Side Snob, Jordy, will know all the "in" places to go in Scottsdale. :D

roln 20s
07-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey SoCalOffshore- there are a couple of good places to wakeboard out at Pleasant. Let me know when you are going, I'd be happy to show you. Best time to go is early in the morning to wakeboard, weekend midday chop is usually not that pretty. You bringing down the Malibu (I think you have a Mali)? I'd be happy to take you out in our Malibu if you don't bring yours. Mine is sitting at the lake :D As for launching, you will have no problems really any part of the day- longest would be maybe 10 minutes at the marina ramp. Microbrews--does RockBottom count? We really don't have too much of that...but we do have Hooters :)
Barlett lake is far North East of Cave Creek/Carefree. Its definately a drive--the lake is real small too. The other east side lakes are pretty small too, especially compared to Pleasant, but Jordy may have some insights to this :D
I'm not sure what area we really need to be by, but the Arrowhead area (bell road in Glendale and Peoria) have numerous hotels--and tons of food places.
Roln 20s

HotRod Sprint
07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
I have not booked anything. Where is Bartlet Lake? Where would be the best place to stay. Any Micro brews around? :D
Pleasant is NW valley. Bartlett is NE valley. Either lake, if the water is your main interest, you probably want to stay on the north end. As far as micro breweries go, there are quite a few spread around, I'm just not that familiar with them. Probably need to get Jordy to chime in :D
Rod

HAULNZ
07-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Rock Bottom is a micro brewery, there food isn't bad either. My vote would be for Pleasant, go early to get the good water, and hit Humbug Cove for the big party in the afternoon.

DogHouse
07-21-2004, 09:00 PM
So if you drew a line between Lakes (un)Pleasant and Bartlett, and picked a point right about in the middle, what would you find??? Why, a microbrewery of course! Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog and Black Mountain Brewery!
:D

carreraelite
07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Damn, Brian got to it first!!:D

DogHouse
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by carreraelite
Damn, Brian got to it first!!:D
Gotta be quick round these parts... :p
That's gotta be a first for me. Usually I'm a day late and more than a dollar short! :D

SoCalOffshore
07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
You guys are great. Actually, I am out looking at a wake board boat in Scottsdale and thought I would try it in one of the lakes and stay the night and have a few beers. Here is a pic of the Super Air I am looking at. I will post if I get out there Friday.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/100Super_Air_Nautique-med.jpg

Powerquestboy
07-22-2004, 07:24 AM
SoCalOffshore, That Air Nautique is a sweet ride. My buddy has the same boat and it is definitly one of my favorite tournament boats. If you really want to do some wakeboarding definitly hit up Bartlett. My buddy's are serious wakeboarders and when we want to ride pleasant doesnt even cross our minds. Barlett is great for several hours in the morning until about 11 and is even better if you stay late. Pleasant is basically like wakeboarding in Havasu, if you get up real early you can find a cove and get some good water but after 9 or 10 its all over. Good luck and buy that Air nautique!

Magic34
07-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I would stay at the Marriot on the 101 and Tatum. Big hotel and probably right in the middle of the 2 lakes. Shouldn't be more than 30 minutes to Barlett or Pleasant from there. There's also a lot of stuff going on in that area now.. I'm would think there is a microbrewery there or at least within 10 minutes of there at the Scottsdale/Bell (aka Kierland area).

SoCalOffshore
07-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the great info. :D

Mrs Luvnlife
07-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Why, a microbrewery of course! Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog and Black Mountain Brewery!
Pretty cool place!! Mmmmm........BEER!!!!! :D

Craig
07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Just a nice day at Pleasant :) Except for the tow rope on Seans cat in the last pic!
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/boatthumbs/lakeP2.jpg
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/boatthumbs/LakeP16.jpg

Blownboat
07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Craig, what are you doing on this forum again? Your people need you. :yuk:

Kurtis500
07-24-2004, 06:44 AM
Bartlett and Saguaro are the closest lakes to Scottsdale. Depending on where, Saguaro may be your closest, and its always up to level this time of year.

AZKC
07-24-2004, 09:51 AM
And this is calm water for UnPleasant, You guys really need to make a tow up to Roosevelt. Hardly anyone is going up there and it stays pretty smooth, that is until the wind starts to blow ;)
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/boatthumbs/LakeP16.jpg

DogHouse
07-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by AZKC
And this is calm water for UnPleasant, You guys really need to make a tow up to Roosevelt. Hardly anyone is going up there and it stays pretty smooth, that is until the wind starts to blow ;)
Looks pretty calm to me. Definitely nothing that would slow down a decent size CAT!!! :p
Last time I drove by Roosey, the wind was howlin' and there were whitecaps all across the lake... :eek: Not something I wanted to go out in!

AZKC
07-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Come on don't lose touch with your roots;) not everyone runs a big cat, not that they wouldn't want too but thats a whole nother story.

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by AZKC
Maybe you shouldn't be telling everyone to got Roosevelt??
It's really crappy, rough water all day, cops all over the place, water's dirty, girls that hang out there are ugly :D....