PDA

View Full Version : **Need help fast...PLEASE!!!

79 HUSTLER
07-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Just popped of my manifold and found the bar on my roller lifters broke and turned my lifters a little sideways.. The cam is junked as are two lifters. I have the info on the cam but cannot find what lifters these are.. Can anyone help me locate who's lifters these are.
Part # 942HR-RETRO they are hyd. roller lifters.
I am trying to get in touch with the engine builder but am not having any luck today..
Sorry to put this in here but by the time someone notices it in gearheads I will hopefully already be on my way to the river...
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.... KELLY

79 HUSTLER
07-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Nevermind, think I found it. (Schneider- sp)

Jrocket
07-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh that sucks bad.Are you gonna tear down the whole motor or try and get lucky with just a cam and lifters?Any metal shavings go through the motor?

79 HUSTLER
07-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Already go the motor torn down and gonna clean tonight and assemble everything tonight, except cam and lifters. I had the motor out to replace the main seal on the Jesel and was just starting to bolt up the Titan pump when we noticed a little mark on the cam. Turned the motor and saw about a 1/2" grove through the cam from the lifter turning sideways.. Will post some pics later.. Alot of metal missing but all the bearing are perfect.
Should not be to bad as someone has some extra lifters that he just took out and ordered the cam and is supposed to be here tommorrow. :rolleyes: So back on the water in a few days..
KELLY