PDA

View Full Version : Skiatook Lake

DUECE'SDAD
07-23-2004, 07:46 AM
THINKING OF HEADING UP TO SKIATOOK LAKE THIS SUNDAY IS ANY ONE ON HERE FAMILIAR WITH THAT LAKE, WHERE TO DROP IN? WHERE TO HANG OUT? SOMETHING ABOUT SOME CLIFFS? ARE THEY V-DRIVE FRIENDLY THERE IS A GROUP OF3 OR 4 BOATS GOING

Infomaniac
07-23-2004, 08:39 AM
You have never been to Skiatook?
Tall chief is about the only ramp where you can walk your boat off the trailer and hang around the water to hold it.
The others are a bit rocky around the ramp.
Just head down the lake straight out from Tall Chief. The cliffs are on the far side of a little island close to the hwy bridge. Can't miss it.
Did not see you out last night.
We do not go to Skiatook because I do not like to stay in the boat all day. No beaches to speak of.
You need to go to "The Island" on Gibson for boats like yours and be able to walk the beach.

OkieDave
07-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Don't go to Tall Chief. go on west on highway 20 to Blackdog park. you'll go past my shop and boat storage on the way. there's new water cops this year who seem to be a little too enthusiastic. the water is rough due to the increase in big boats and wake board boats. there's me and a bunch of my friends who frequent this lake nearly every sat. and sun. I'll probably be in my red and white 23' Firehawk vee-bottom jet named"Miss Treat Me"
we often anchor together by the island which you'll see as you cross the bridge on the way to blackdog park. the other guys have white scarabs, red concorde, and red baja. depending on what other boats are out, i could go home and get one of my little boats if there's to be any illegal speed contests.:D

DUECE'SDAD
07-23-2004, 12:59 PM
ALL IM WANTING IS SOME NEW SCENERY AND I HEARD THAT THE WATER IS CLEAN THERE! IT SOUNDS LIKE I NEED TO GET BIGGER BOAT TO FIT IN OR MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HOIST MINE UP LIKE THOSE LIFE BOATS ON YACHTS ARE YOU THE GUY WITH THE "JACK IN THE BOX" FACE ON THE BOTTOM OF A JET BOAT, ILLEAGAL SPEED CONTEST THAT SOUNDS COOL.... SOUNDS LIKE GIBSON IS THE PLACE FOR ME I WENT TO THAT ISLAND ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND PUT IN AT MAIZE THERE WAS AN OLD MAN WITH AN ORANGE AND YELLOW JET BOAT THAT LIVED AROUND THERE ANYONE KNOW IF HE IS STILL AROUND??? IS MAIZE A GOOD PLACE TO PUT IN? I HAVE THE BOAT APART RIGHT NOW BUT SHOULD HAVE IT RUNNIN TOMMOROW BUT AM GOING TO THE OLD TIME DRAGS IN TULSA SO IS SUNDAY GOOD INFO?

Infomaniac
07-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Sunday is good.
Take Dave's advice for Skiatook. I have not been there in a couple of years. Yes one of his boats is the one you mentioned.
Not sure if Dave knows you are in a hydro or not.
There is a much closer ramp to the island than Maize. We go to Maize in the family boat.
The close ramp is 3 finger bay. It is slow rough road and no facilities. If you are OK with Mazie then go there.

OkieDave
07-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Three fingers is where I launch from when I go to Gibson. I like to go there too. Skiatook does have nice pretty water. I think all the lakes are seeing bigger waves this year. thats a good reason to go on week nites. Keystone was good last nite. Skiatook will have areas where you can avoid the rough stuff but a hydro will need to be very careful. Have you been at Keystone this year on any of the thursday eves?

DUECE'SDAD
07-23-2004, 01:26 PM
I LIKED MAIZE HOWEVER THE WATER WAS DOWN THE FEW TIMES WE WENT AND YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH A LITTLE CREEK TO GET OUT TO THE CHANNEL AND NEVER NEW HOW DEEP IT WAS BUT IT SEEMED LIKE ONLY A FEW FEET, SUNDAY IT IS IF I GET THIS THING BACK TOGETHER. I HAD TO RESEAL THE ITAKE AND I AM RUNNING OUT OF FUEL SO I THINK I AM GOING TO SWTCH BACK TO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP AND I WANT TO GET A TACH SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TURNING. I TOUGHT I WAS HITTING THE 6000 REV LIMITER ALL OF A SUDDEN WHICH DIDNT SOUND RIGHT WITH 22% GEARS THEN IT STARTED RUNNING MORE AND MORE SLUGISH AND THE PLUGS WENT WHITE SO IAM DEFINATELY RUNNING OUT COMPRESSION TEST SHOWED THAT I DIDNT TEAR ANYTHING UP THOUGH. " IF IT DONT SEEM RIGHT PULL OVER AND CHECK IT OUT " SAVED MY @$$ ONCE AGAIN, I WANT TO BUILD ANOTHER MOTOR BUT NOT BECAUSE I HAVE TOO

Brack
07-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Infomaniac, we will be down at the Island this weekend,most likely it will be Sunday afternoon,...sounds like Storms Saturday,
Okiedave, I believe I met you at Skiatook a while back, I was in the Allison,.....you told me you had a shop real close to the lake,.....if I remember correctly......:D
here's a pic of my ole Fishin Bote
Brack

Infomaniac
07-23-2004, 05:32 PM
We will be there Sunday. Unless for some reason the weather is going to be good tomorrow Yea Right.
We will be in Mrs. Infomaniac's Ultra
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/211Okie5-med.JPG

Seadog
07-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Okiedave, how's the boat doing? I was just realizing its been a while since I talked to you at Osage Park and you were doing a test run.

OkieDave
07-28-2004, 12:38 PM
My new boat is doin good but I don't recall having it at Osage yet. you may have met the guy who rents my shop from me. his name is Dave also. he runs outboards. I run jets.

Seadog
07-28-2004, 08:06 PM
You are right, it was an outboard, so it must have the other Dave.

Riverbums1
07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
You can put in at Chouteau Bend at two places if you think the water may be too low at Mazie....................just a little futher drive.............lots of the speed boats put it at Three Finger to save gas................as was said earlier the road is not great to Three Finger and no facitilies but its a close place to put in for the "Island" even if the water is down.........

Infomaniac
07-30-2004, 07:11 PM
We will be at the Island Saturday.
If you are reading this and it is Saturday. :rolleyes:
Get out there.

DUECE'SDAD
08-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Dave You Gonna Be Out At Skiatook Tommorrow Were Coming Up Around 2:00 Black Hydro And A Few Jets

OkieDave
08-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I'll be out there this eve and again tomarrow. If you put in at Blackdog, the palce a lot of peeps hang out is by the island south of the bridge. Watch out for the boat wakes over there. I intend to be in my 23' Firehawk. :crossx:

DUECE'SDAD
08-14-2004, 09:28 PM
WELL I MET THE LOCALL GESTAPO THERE AT SKIATOOK LAKE TODAY 75 MILE DRIVE 1 WAY FOR SOME DICK HIWAY PATROL TO HARRASS ME FOR AN HOUR ABOUT MY BOAT NOT MEETING HIS STANDARDS AND I TRIED TO KEEP MY KOOL AS IT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING GOING FOR A 24 YEAR OLD DUDE WITH TWO ARMS FULL OF TATTOOS AND A BOAT NAMED "RAT NASTY" BOAT I COULDNT DO IT, AFTER TRYING TO SLIDE OUT AND GO BACK TO MY HOME LAKE THREE TIMES I FINALLY HAD TO GET SOME VERBAL BLOWS IN. MAN THIS GUY TOLD ME NOT TO EVEN PUT MY TRUNKS ON AS I WOULD HAVE TO BACK MY BOAT DOWN IN THE WATER AND REV IT UP TO SEE IF MY MUFFLERS WOULD PASS HIS SATISFACTION IT FAILED, LUCKILY WE GOT ALL THAT SHIT OUTTA THE WAY BE FOR I GOT A TICKET BUT BASICALLY I JUST GOT RAN OFF FOR BEING TOO COOL OF A GUY WITH TOO COOL OF A BOAT BY SOME PENCIL NECK FRESH OUTTA PIG SCHOOL, AND I KNOW THERE WILL BE SOME PIGS ON HERE READING THIS AND THATS COOL TOO BUT MAN THIS OKLAHOMA MUFFLER LAW IS REALLY WEIRED ITS ALL A MATTER OF OPINION ON WHICH PIG YOUR DEALING WITH MAYBE THEY COULD GET A DECIBLE RATING OR SOMETHING B/C I NEVER RECALL SEEING AN ADD IN THE BACK OF HOT BOAT FOR A SET OF MUFFLERS THAT WERE ENDORESED (sp) BY JOE HIGHWAY PATROL AT SKIATOOK LAKE IN OKLAHOMA WITH A PICTURE OF HIM HOLDING ONE OF THEM UP. I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A COLLECTION OF MUFFLERS ONE SET FOR EACH DIFFERENT PIG. "NICE LAKE, NICE THAT I WONT EVER HAVE TO GO THERE AGAIN" AND NO IM NOT BITCHIN' IM JUST TELLING YOU ABOUT ONE MANS DAY, OH YEAH AND THAT CAT TOLD ME THAT I COULD DRINK ALL THE 3.2 BEER I WANTED AND HAVE A BOAT FULL OF OPEN CONTAINERS BUT I DONT GET DRUNK B/C HE WOULD POP ME WHAT KINDA SHIT IS THAT.
TAKIN IT IN STRIDE, DUECES DAD

Infomaniac
08-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Did he have a decibal meter?
If not, I would have told him to **** off. Let him write you a ticket and take it to court. They do not have calibrated ears.
One more reason to go to the Island on Gibson or to Keystone on Thurs. Nights if you want to run unbaffled.
Usually if you have at least some type of baffle in the exhaust, it makes them happy.

ONAROLL
08-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Guess I have been lucky, got asked about baffles early this summer by the Lake patrol on Tenkiller, I answered, nope! dont have em, he "suggested" I get em before season gets busy, he let me launch and run my open headers, been on Skiatook three times this summer with no "contacts" no problem on Ft Gibson, Keystone or Hudson either, but Okiedave did say the L/P at Skiatook were a little overzealous. Vic

OkieDave
08-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Duece, sorry to hear about your wasted trip to Skiatook. There are two new cops there this year and they seem determined to have an impact on the people who visit the lake. I met one of them at the boat show and the other at the lake association meeting. The lake patrol used to keep their rescue boat in my boat storage. They are both ok guys but I think they are focusing on the wrong problems. I watch them pull up on anchored boats and spend twenty minutes doing a boat inspection with PWC running rampant all around. They pulled up on me fri. eve. while I was anchored and recognized me and still proceeded to go thru a very thorough checklist inspection. luckily, everything was legal but if I'd been on either of my other boats, the spark arrestor and exhaust would have cost me tickets. I know there's lots of dangerous people and boats out there but the moving violations are the ones who are the most dangerous. On sun. I saw two very fast and very loud jet boats race around for hours and no lake patrol. they used up all their on duty hours before sunday afternoon or those guys would have got it too. I spent all sat nite on the water, slept on the boat, and didn't see them. I have also seen them towing boats in too. thats nice of them but still not catching the PWC going on plow thru the no wake or darting in and out between the boats. too long of a post.