PDA

View Full Version : EL CAP !! San Diego Sunday 9/29 or 9/30

76Tahiti460
09-23-2001, 02:15 PM
I went to El Cap today to tune my Crusader's tunnel ram set-up. I noticed many Jetboaters coming up the narrow road to El Cap. Is there anyone who knows of get togethers there on a weekend to weekend basis? I am going out there 9/29 or 9/30 which ever is convient. I would like to meet up with some fellow jetboaters for some easy beer drinking and good ole American Jetboat fun. Let me know if anyone is out there and interested. Ty

fryzll
09-24-2001, 08:24 AM
Hey, that was us out there. We ended up with about 9 boats in our group. I posted that we were gonna be out there, you shoulda stopped by. We had a great time. I can try to make it out on Sunday, but I have to be in a wedding on Saturday so it depends on my condition http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif . I will let you know.
Chris

Boater Bill
09-24-2001, 08:48 AM
Guys, I thought El Cap has a speed limit. Any problems???

76Tahiti460
09-24-2001, 08:50 AM
I was the yellow striped tunnel ram leaveing Sunday about 1200 with the 4 door Tan Ford on 35's. I think I might have passed a few jetboaters. I just rebuilt my carbs so I wanted to tune them before we did our trip to Lake Perris. There is one boat and a few ski's going to Perris columbus weekend if anyone is interested. We are leaveing Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday night. I will also be out at El Cap on this Sunday, again tuneing my set-up..runs reliable and fast....out

76Tahiti460
09-24-2001, 09:12 AM
What they don't see won't hurt them, or us at that matter! Poor fisherman

fryzll
09-24-2001, 11:40 AM
I lauched at 11:30 so we just missed eachother. You probably saw my buddy and his dad, they had the red blown Southwind tunnel and the red blown flatty w/ the huge wing http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif . , they were there early. We have never had a prob w/ the speed limit, you just wait for the patrol to go back up to the front of the lake and then go for it, the only time they mess w/ you is when you act like a jackass in front of em

76Tahiti460
09-24-2001, 11:47 AM
Hey bro that was me you were talking to about the local "floating cop" on bothering us Jetboaters and noise pollution. My girl and I were out there next you. I was trying to dial in my carb, but I needed to pull my plugs to see if how I was running, but my tools weren't present. Maybe I'll see you out next time. Nice rides by the way...I could sure use some adive on my set-up. I drove Navy MK-V boats for Special boat unit 12 for 3 years, but there set-up is two Detroit Diesel 5000 horse power twin KaMeWa jets, 82 foot long, alot different than 468 Chevy Tunnel Ram, with single 12JG Droop.

Boater Bill
09-24-2001, 12:07 PM
Well that's very interesting. I always blew that place off but it sounds like there is some healthy equiptment out there. Will have to check it out when my ride is back together. Thanks for the info.

fryzll
09-24-2001, 12:07 PM
I dont think it was me, I have a white and brown 18.5ft Challenger w/ a 460 and I think I pulled up after you left. Ski and his dad John (the blower boys) are really knowledgable on setups. Ski has the Southwind running only about 4 pounds of boost so he can dial in the rideplate and shoe etc. Hes runnin mid 90's now but the boat should be capable of 110 to 115 when steps up the boost and gets it set up correctly. Too bad we couldnt hook up cause I had tools http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif , oh well maybe next weekend.
Chris
[This message has been edited by fryzll (edited September 24, 2001).]