PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a lot on the river?

Scarab Jet
07-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Was wonderin'... how do I go about selling a lot on the river on my own instead of hiring a real estate agent (to save on commissions).
Just bought a lot on the river between Willow Valley and needles on the California side of the River (man, they are goin' fast, especially in that stretch of the river on the California side... it is pretty similar to real estate in southern Cal where you get a bitting war... I guess I shouldn't be surprised since there is only so much river front lots out there).
At any rate, since I can barely afford the one that I bought , I'd like to sell a part of it. So, was wonderin' if any of you guys (and gals) have had any experience dealing and wheeling in real estate around the river area and the best way to go about selling it yourself to get the best price for your lot.
By the way, once I put up somethin' on the lot, all you fellow ***boat members are more than welcome to stop by on your way to the sandbar/Havasu and have a few beers with us...
Thanx in advance for all the ideas...
Mike...

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Well... Obviously not from your area, I put up a FISBO sign and it sold in one month :cool:

clownpuncher
07-24-2004, 12:40 PM
What do you have to sell? Size/lacation/price?

Excessive Force
07-24-2004, 12:42 PM
real estate agent takes 7% or so. A lawyer will do it for like $2k. but you do the leg work to title company etc. worth it in my opinion.

Excessive Force
07-24-2004, 12:43 PM
that is on a 250k house, may be less for a lot.

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I used a real estate attorney. They did everything. Cost was minimal.

Excessive Force
07-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Is willow valley north or south of Needles?

Mr.Havasu
07-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Just advertise it and stick a sign up on it. When you have someone interested drag them into an escrow office and open escrow. Once you find a buyer on your own you can probably call around and get a real estate agent to do the paperwork for a nominal fee (I know I would).

Doug H.
07-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Ya, have Michelle help you for a nominal fee (Warlock25)

Scarab Jet
07-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
Is willow valley north or south of Needles?
It is north of Needles, not too far... I'd say about half way between Avi and Needles...

Excessive Force
07-24-2004, 01:25 PM
im in the market for a lot near or on the river, or a fixer upper out that way. Maybe Warlock can email me some listings. Scarab do you have any pics and or info on that lot?

Mike J.
07-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi, Not sure if you remember me, Mike J. I
own the 1st 16ft Scarab Jet Sprint.
Any way I just bought a lot/house in Victorville and im planning on looking for a small place on the river.
Did you say you might split the lot, I have
a 35ft house trailer that I lived in while
I worked on the house.
Let me know the details.
Mike J.

Mr.Havasu
07-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
im in the market for a lot near or on the river, or a fixer upper out that way. Maybe Warlock can email me some listings. Scarab do you have any pics and or info on that lot?
I'd love to help you out with some listing, but unfortunitely the board I belong to (Lake Havasu City) doesn't have access to listing in the needles/bullhead area. I am a real estate broker in both Calif & Arizona and could help with the paper work, but I'm not much help in locating properties out of Havasu. Good luck with your search.:)