PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Spam

Havasu_Jet_85
07-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Anyone have any 18-19' Jets for sale in So.Cal. area? Looking to spend around $3,000-$6,000 for a real nice turn key boat. Would like something with a BBC or BBF, Berkley jet, and double axle trailer. Preferably Light colors. e-mail me a pic and any info or just post a pic. thanks Bryce

Nubbs
07-24-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a real nice turnkey in that price range. Good luck though.

Havasu_Jet_85
07-24-2004, 04:34 PM
well i dont mind if it needs a little work but just something that will be reliable for the rest of this season and has a decent gel coat, i dont mind a little cleaning up or a little work to get it on the water. I looked at a '76 sanger today the whole boat was really nice the onwer was only asking $5,000 for the boat.
thanks bryce

DansBlown73Nordic
07-24-2004, 05:47 PM
So why didn't you buy it??????:confused:

Nubbs
07-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Have you checked out the recycler? They seem to have boats in your price range. The only bad thing is most adds don't have pictures.
Recycler (www.recycler.com)

Nubbs
07-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Check this out.
Rogers (http://www.recycler.com/asp/ContactInfo.asp?iID=31892&sBAC=909&bSQ=0&iC=120&iSC=4250)

Havasu_Jet_85
07-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Called on it the Guy lives in corona and the boat is in parker. Checked the recycler and boat trader.
Dan... I didnt buy it because that was only the third boat i looked at and it had a BBF and im holding out for a BBC.

JetRookie
07-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Havasu Jet... If you decide not to buy the Sanger can you please link me to the ad? I posted my first thread below yours looking for a nice over all jet boat for that price range. I also want a BBC but its hard to find an overall good looking product with the same jet and motor you want with a paint sceme I can live with. thanks

Havasu_Jet_85
07-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey JetRookie I cant find the link for the sanger, I bought the Boat Trader and found it in there. The add reads: 1976 Sanger Super Jet 19', Orig onwer, 460 Ford, Berk. Jet, low hrs, $5,000 (909) 795-9850
the boat was really clean, the colors were yellows and browns and the interior was in perfect condition, but it was a bench seat in the front with two buckets in the back(kind of like a flat bottom boat set up) the guy would probably take $4,500 because the carb needs re-building but it started and ran sounded real strong and tight. Good luck Bryce

victorfb
07-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Nubbs
Check this out.
Rogers (http://www.recycler.com/asp/ContactInfo.asp?iID=31892&sBAC=909&bSQ=0&iC=120&iSC=4250)
im not sure he was looking for a wieght bench, but if you do a search on recycler there are three rogers for sale in the 909 area code.

Nubbs
07-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
im not sure he was looking for a wieght bench, but if you do a search on recycler there are three rogers for sale in the 909 area code.
:eek: :confused: :confused: Now that's jacked up. I copied and pasted the link, but I must've screwed something up. Sorry about that one. :o Although, I could say it was a link to a good anchoring system.:D

Floored
07-25-2004, 11:43 AM
I've sent recycler stuff to friends and instead of motors and rearends its been chairs and lamps. go figure

LakesOnly
07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Jet_85
Called on it the Guy lives in corona and the boat is in parker... I didnt buy it because...it had a BBF and im holding out for a BBC.
Holding out for a chebbie? What, are you gettting an aluminum-headed fully blown 1000HP motor? The standard BBF has WAY more power portential than a cheapo chevy anyday.
ADVANTAGES OF FORD OVER CHEVY:
~~The Ford block is finished a little nicer than the chevy; the head bolts are counter-bored, for example, so if you deck the block you don't have to counter sink the holes.
~~(people on the boat forum successfully) using blowers and turbos on stock rods without fail.
~~BBF can get you large cube stroker cranks from stock oem cranks...
~~They have the same canted valve design as the Chevy and the 429/460's are dime-a-dozen everywhere for dirt cheap. And I mean dirt cheap.
~~We don't have to search hi and low for a tall deck block, all Fords are "tall" deck [10.300+"]
~~...symmeterical ports for better fuel distribution.
~~The Ford cast crank and 2-bolt block power threshhold is alot higher than the BBC.
~~BBFs can run bigger cams as it is located higher in the block than the BBC...
~~BBFs have bigger diameter lifters for a more "friendly" cam profile for flat tappet cams...
~~BBFs can make good compresson ratios with flat top pistons [chamber CCs range 72cc to 96cc] We don't need huge dome pistons to get a 10.5 to 1 C/R..
~~BBFs have a 1.71 rod ratio...
~~BBF's make a 514-521-540" engine with stock parts and do it for under 3K...
~~...many blocks can be bored to 4.500"...put in a 4.500" stroke crank and it makes a 572" engine for just under $3K...can ya do that with a stock block Chevy? (Answer: Hell no. And the BBF block doesn't even need to be clearanced to accomodate the increased stroke.)
LO

460rogers
07-25-2004, 12:56 PM
The standard BBF has WAY more power portential than a cheapo chevy anyday.
YEA!!!
Better to learn this now than on the water.
This is only an opinion, it is in no way suggesting I know or can prove anything.

Havasu_Jet_85
07-25-2004, 05:06 PM
The reson why I want a BBC is because parts are way easyer to come by which some one eles said in one of JetRookies threads he started.
So anyone know of a clean jet boat for sale thats about $6,500 and under? Thanks Bryce