PDA

View Full Version : Update/re:commander

RACRJEFF
07-24-2004, 02:44 PM
after several talks with sy and the power of this board i think , i was able to come to an agreement with sy on my motor, i have to pay a little bit but i am happy with the deal , thanks for all who responded to my thread until you have problems like me you dont realize the influence this board and its patrons have thanks to all who replied, its awesome to see boaters come together for each other . from run about owners to skater owners

little rowe boat
07-24-2004, 02:45 PM
What ever the settlement is,i hope it's more in your favor.

HCS
07-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Ya, I hope you get a motor. Period!

TheEduKATor
07-24-2004, 03:11 PM
RACRJEFF,
I hope everything works out for you. I guess paying a little is better than paying for the whole thing.

BarryMac
07-24-2004, 04:53 PM
good luck jeff, your right, it's amazing what an influence this board has on getting things done, I hope it all works out for you...
gjb

phebus
07-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Let us know when it is a done deal. It's a little too early to celebrate.

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by RACRJEFF
after several talks with sy and the power of this board i think , i was able to come to an agreement with sy on my motor, i have to pay a little bit but i am happy with the deal , thanks for all who responded to my thread until you have problems like me you dont realize the influence this board and its patrons have thanks to all who replied, its awesome to see boaters come together for each other . from run about owners to skater owners
It shouldnt have had to go this far,hes still a schmuck.

Ms Clown Puncher
07-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Glad you got things worked out.
Hopefully my good buddy will have the same luck. He sold his Commander through consignment at Sy's place. The boat sold weeks ago but my buddy still hasn't received his money. He's having a hard time with the "communication" factor.
My friend isn't on the boards but he may be soon to get some insight. Poor guy, he just wants to get his $$$.
Good for you though, hopefully Commander is starting to man-up. We'll see

clownpuncher
07-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Ms Clown Puncher
Glad you got things worked out.
Hopefully my good buddy will have the same luck. He sold his Commander through consignment at Sy's place. The boat sold weeks ago but my buddy still hasn't received his money. He's having a hard time with the "communication" factor.
My friend isn't on the boards but he may be soon to get some insight. Poor guy, he just wants to get his $$$.
Good for you though, hopefully Commander is starting to man-up. We'll see
Woops, that was from me and not the Mrs.

Dr. Eagle
07-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Not meaning to be a skeptic... I'd save the celebration for when the motor is in the boat and it runs as advertised...:eek:
Sort of a wait and see if the glass is half empty or half full thing...

dmontzsta
07-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Glad to hear both parties come to an agreement.

phebus
07-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Not meaning to be a skeptic... I'd save the celebration for when the motor is in the boat and it runs as advertised...:eek:
Sort of a wait and see if the glass is half empty or half full thing...
Really, I wonder what customers boat they are going to take a motor out of?

Dr. Eagle
07-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Really, I wonder what customers boat they are going to take a motor out of?
That would be still half empty...
or are they going to hit Eliminator's yard at night and do a little "midnight marine supply" work?
I don't think I'd put a lot of credence in this deal either...

dicudmore
07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
hope it works out for you Jeff

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I personally wouldn't hold my breath becausse I get the impression Sy is living day to day at this point. He tells his customers whatever he has to to get through today. Tomorrow he'll start over again trying to make it til the end of the day.
ROC, didn't you warn your buddy this would happen? I think it's time somebody came unglued on this little prick. He must be a slimy bastard to keep doing things like this and never pay the price in any way. If he sold my boat and pocketed the money I think I'd be on the phone with the cops reporting him for theft.

shadow
07-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
It shouldnt have had to go this far,hes still a schmuck.
Isn't schmuck the foreskin that gets cut off at a circumcision?:eek!:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-26-2004, 09:26 AM
:eek:

FRENCHIE
07-26-2004, 10:39 AM
wow im stunned !! absolutely amazing!!:eek: :p

THATJEFFGUY
07-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey I'm bored today ! Anybody wanna go down to Commander and start some major shit with Sy and his crew of idiots ??? :D

Topock Junkie
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
If I was you I would get the deal in writting and then have it NOTORIZED. You can't trust Sy or anyone down there. They bathe in motor oil. So they can slide out of any situation.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Hey I'm bored today ! Anybody wanna go down to Commander and start some major shit with Sy and his crew of idiots ??? :D
:rolleyes:

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Isn't schmuck the foreskin that gets cut off at a circumcision?:eek!:
Not sure,i just like that word though.:D

Kilrtoy
07-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Let me get this straight.
You have a BRAND new boat with 19 HOURS on it and it is not under warranty.
I am taking a shot in the dark here but, im pretty sure you have a Merc. Ok ,maybe a volvo. I believe your issue is not with commander but with the engine builder.
Granted Commander should take care of this problem for you. Also You should not have to pay for anything. Take the boat to a authorized engine place and have them check it out and do the warranty work for free. Forget about commander, sounds like they are shafting you on this ......

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-26-2004, 10:49 PM
:confused: who's going to fix the motor an how much of the total bill do you have to pay. If you want you can pm me.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-26-2004, 10:52 PM
I had 3 lifter and rockers go bad on one of my engines,I took it to quality performance in corona it was all covered by warranty, I didnt pay for a thing. Not only that they cleaned my boat for me :D

RACRJEFF
07-27-2004, 01:00 AM
it's a pro-boat motor , they only give a 90 day warranty to commander sy gave me a 1 year warranty its not a merc or volvo so there warranty dont apply to me this was a deal me and sy worked out .

Kilrtoy
07-27-2004, 04:51 AM
OH, That doesnt sound good.
never heard of that motor

RACRJEFF
07-27-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
OH, That doesnt sound good.
never heard of that motor
Pro Boat marine in riverside built the motor so i call it a pro boat motor its 454 chevy gen 5 merlin i think , now its a 468. They seem to be a pretty good group of guys over there. they have nothing to do really with the warranty they just assembled the motor

Kilrtoy
07-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Why did you go with them and not a merc motor....
What kinda performance were you promised......
and how much was the motor