View Full Version : Floating dog and funny sign

manuel
07-24-2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/950DCP01715-med.JPG
This cute dog would swim over to her and float along with her,
Lake Guntersville, Alabama.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/950DCP01718.JPG
And this is what we do for fun here, :D
Actually we were going to the Motocross races and saw this sign.

angry dad
07-24-2004, 06:41 PM
yeeeee haaaaa!!!

Dr. Eagle
07-24-2004, 07:05 PM
What sort of a GOAT ROPE Is this?:D

JetBoatRich
07-25-2004, 06:26 AM
It is hard to find a good goat auction around here:(

Big_Gunz_
07-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Is this a form of legal prostitution? Goats and girlfriends, aren’t they the same thing back there? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

AZKC
07-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Lake Guntersville :D I've been there, lived in Cullman when I was a kid. We had a lake house on Smith Lake for a while.

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by AZKC
Lake Guntersville :D I've been there, lived in Cullman when I was a kid. We had a lake house on Smith Lake for a while.
That explains alot also... :rolleyes: :D

AZKC
07-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
That explains alot also... :rolleyes: :D
Good Morning to you too Focker:p Looks like Smith Lake is doing fine here's the view from a nice lake house for sale
http://www.smithlake4u.com/Macon%20View%20from%20Deck.JPG

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 07:51 AM
:eek!: You ain't gonna believe this. My family, I mean my Grandfather and all his family (something like 10 siblings) is from Cullman!!

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 07:53 AM
I forgot to mention we used to drive from The Nooga to Macks Landing on our boat, get a room and cruise back the next day. Awsome trip :cool:

JetBoatRich
07-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
I find it amusing that they have enough goats to hold auctions twice a month. :D :D :D
they probably just sell them back and forth to each other:)
Imagine the conversations:eek:
"Did you see the set of Horns on that Goat"

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
they probably just sell them back and forth to each other:)
Imagine the conversations:eek:
"Did you see the set of Horns on that Goat"
I wonder if they sell boots with goats :D

AZKC
07-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by RiverOtter
:eek!: You ain't gonna believe this. My family, I mean my Grandfather and all his family (something like 10 siblings) is from Cullman!!
Hell son we're probably kin;) Thats my Mom's home town. I went to Cullman Elementry a couple of years. My Grandpa use to paint barn roofs and billboards back in the day all over Cullman county.

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 08:04 AM
Hell son we're probably kin;) Thats my Mom's home town. I went to Cullman Elementry a couple of years. My Grandpa use to paint barn roofs and billboards back in the day all over Cullman county.
Check your PM :)

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 08:05 AM
I wonder if they sell boots with goats :D
Hip waders work better.....................
................. uh........ not that I would know. :rolleyes:

AZKC
07-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Got it

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Hip waders work better.....................
................. uh........ not that I would know. :rolleyes:
:eek: Damn Brother, Don't believe I'da told that :D

AZKC
07-25-2004, 08:15 AM
Check your PM :)
Your turn;)

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Your turn;)
Just did. Small World as they say :cool:

manuel
07-25-2004, 08:21 AM
RiverOtter, "I forgot to mention we used to drive from The Nooga to Macks Landing on our boat, get a room and cruise back the next day. Awsome trip"
A lot of people here boat from Guntersville to Knoxville for the Tennessee-Alabama football game, sort of a floating tailgate party.
Mac's is now called Covenant Cove and it is really nice now, restaurants on both sides (3 bars) and they brought in sand and made a great little "beach", I kept my boat at the marina there last summer and it was pleasant.
As for the goats, I was told that the Mexicans like goat meat, :eek: and middle-eastern people also think it's the best meat,??, and some of the stores are now selling goat cheese. no thanks,
There are some HUGE beautiful homes on Smith lake,

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by manuel
RiverOtter, "I forgot to mention we used to drive from The Nooga to Macks Landing on our boat, get a room and cruise back the next day. Awsome trip"
A lot of people here boat from Guntersville to Knoxville for the Tennessee-Alabama football game, sort of a floating tailgate party.
Mac's is now called Covenant Cove and it is really nice now, restaurants on both sides (3 bars) and they brought in sand and made a great little "beach", I kept my boat at the marina there last summer and it was pleasant.
As for the goats, I was told that the Mexicans like goat meat, :eek: and middle-eastern people also think it's the best meat,??, and some of the stores are now selling goat cheese. no thanks,
There are some HUGE beautiful homes on Smith lake,
Just noticed your sig. Yep, UT vs AL we see the fleet coming through 2-3 days before the game. That is an awsome trip too. I've made it from Nooga to Knoxvegas 6 times :cool: "Floating tailgate party" doesn't even begin to describe it. 155 river miles from Nooga to Knoxville and 110 from Nooga to Macks / Covenant Cove. Last time I was down there they had just changed the name. Looked like they were struggling then. Sounds like they are back on the right track. What's with the Wildlife officers down there?? Bunch of Jack Booted Thugs:mad: . I do want to make the trip again, maybe end of August :D