PDA

View Full Version : The official CBBB mooch thread...

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 05:30 AM
OK, since I'm boatless (well engine-less at least), I was wondering who else is going to be at the Avi sans watercraft??
I'll be the guy sporting the "garage tan", since I've spent most of the summer inside working on boat stuff.... :D

JetBoatRich
07-25-2004, 06:01 AM
We will be there with a couple friends in our boat:) we can find room for you in one of the boat runs on the river;)

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 06:49 AM
No Oil pressure=No boat.
Damn Dodges.
Maybe it's the Fram.
Don't have any time to pull the motor out for an oil change.
Brian

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 07:01 AM
So are you still going??

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
So are you still going??
I am ass deep already. Boat or no boat.
Brian

roostwear
07-25-2004, 07:11 AM
I've got room in the bow..... driver's kind of a maniac, though :D

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
I've got room in the bow..... driver's kind of a maniac, though :D
uh huh. Do I look scared?
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 07:15 AM
The way I look at it, I left the beach in the boat 3 times all weekend. Didn't drink except at night. The heat did me in, after beer#2 I was out.
So I figured I will just stay close to SD's cooler instead. If I lose sight of him, I will just follow the cooler trail in the sand.
(laughing my ass off thinking of that)
Brian

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
The way I look at it, I left the beach in the boat 3 times all weekend. Didn't drink except at night. The heat did me in, after beer#2 I was out.
So I figured I will just stay close to SD's cooler instead. If I lose sight of him, I will just follow the cooler trail in the sand.
(laughing my ass off thinking of that)
Brian
It'll be like "Wild America"... only a bunch of sun-baked boat guys hunting down a wounded beer cooler. :rolleyes:

1Bahnerjet
07-25-2004, 07:23 AM
No Oil pressure=No boat.
Damn Dodges.
Maybe it's the Fram.
Don't have any time to pull the motor out for an oil change.
Brian
you have to pull the Motor to change the oil ?
so thats why you don't see many Dodges in Boats...

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 07:26 AM
It'll be like "Wild America"... only a bunch of sun-baked boat guys hunting down a wounded beer cooler. :rolleyes:
Except the wounded is the guy dragging the cooler.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
you have to pull the Motor to change the oil ?
so thats why you don't see many Dodges in Boats...
I am not draining oil into my bilge. Even us Dodge guys have pride.
Brian

1Bahnerjet
07-25-2004, 07:38 AM
I am not draining oil into my bilge. Even us Dodge guys have pride.
Brian
there are products you can install (a hose from oil pan to transom drain hole) well, you know what I'm talkin' about.
remember those Alpine Tiger's with the Small Block Fords, you had to pull the Motor to change the Plug's...

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 08:06 AM
there are products you can install (a hose from oil pan to transom drain hole) well, you know what I'm talkin' about.
remember those Alpine Tiger's with the Small Block Fords, you had to pull the Motor to change the Plug's...
Yes sir.
Yes sir.
No drain thru transom. It is my own doing. With rail mounts, removing or installing the engine is no problem. Unfortunately the boat is not on the 1-2-3 list of priorities.
Brian

1Bahnerjet
07-25-2004, 08:19 AM
middle o' the Summer it should be priority #1
ah, I shouldn't talk I.ve been on the Lake only once.
& I live 2 mile's fron the Boat Ramp...

Ntwotrance
07-25-2004, 08:26 AM
I'd offer rides, but on top of the family, I've got another boatless family showing up (last minute notification) and will be ushering them around as well....

roostwear
07-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Yes sir.
Yes sir.
No drain thru transom. It is my own doing. With rail mounts removing or installing the engine is no problem. Unfortunately the boat is not on the 1-2-3 list of priorities.
Brian
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
See, now you're worrying me. I thought you understood the summer/boat/beer deal. Oh well, I have one of those sissy bimini's on the Advantage, so it lets me stay on the water (and in the heat) a LOT longer. Go upriver a few miles, float down, enjoy a beverage, jump in to cool off. It's a low speed cruisin' weekend. Mostly cuz I get my ass kicked by most of the other boats. Did I mention I port matched the exhaust (for efficiency, of course)?:D

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 08:30 AM
What I'm really after is the corner of someone's EZ-Up. :D
Got beer, need shade. :D

Ntwotrance
07-25-2004, 08:33 AM
What I'm really after is the corner of someone's EZ-Up. :D
Got beer, need shade. :D
we're picking up one next weekend, and you're more then welcome to ours....

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
we're picking up one next weekend, and you're more then welcome to ours....
I'll be sure to stop by. :D

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 09:22 AM
middle o' the Summer it should be priority #1
ah, I shouldn't talk I.ve been on the Lake only once.
& I live 2 mile's fron the Boat Ramp...
Mortgage, custumers, toys.
Brian's basic list of priorites.

roostwear
07-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Mortgage, custumers, toys.
Brian's basic list of priorites.
If you're not going to bring the boat, then
Mortgage, customers

Floored
07-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I use my "REX" pump to remove oil through dipstick tube, slow but ok.what happened to oil press? at least on 440's oil pump is external for repairs. someone sneak into your shop at night and stick a fram on your boat?

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Floored
I use my "REX" pump to remove oil through dipstick tube, slow but ok.what happened to oil press? at least on 440's oil pump is external for repairs. someone sneak into your shop at night and stick a fram on your boat?
I don't know yet, I need to do a partial disassemble and check her out. I am getting enough blowby to know that it's better days have passed. Bt it would be nice to flog it until wintertime.
I used Fram exclusively as a habit.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
If you're not going to bring the boat, then
Mortgage, customers
I still have time left, don't count me out. You would be surprised what I can do with a motor in a weekend. We'll see.
I still have 3 item priority list.

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Mine broke a piston last week, so it may not be ready in time. We will still go to the event either way.:cool: :D

HalletDave
07-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Mine broke a piston last week, so it may not be ready in time. We will still go to the event either way.:cool: :D
Ouch.:eek:
When did you find this out? :frown:
I fried the module inside my distributor.:mad:
Accidently leaving the ignition key on for 2 hours is not healthy for the Pertronics module. :o
I replaced it last week.

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 12:48 PM
I took it in last monday and found out tues night. If the cylinder is ok or just needs polihing out, it should be ready by CBBB. If it needs to be sleaved, it probably won't be ready in time.

HalletDave
07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I took it in last monday and found out tues night. If the cylinder is ok or just needs polihing out, it should be ready by CBBB. If it needs to be sleaved, it probably won't be ready in time.
Sorry to hear about that Steve.
I hope it works out for you.

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Oh it's going to work out. We will be at CBBB one way or another. UUUNNNDD Ve Vill have fun!!:mad: :mad: ;)

JetBoatRich
07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
that would explain why it didn't run:( bad news Steve, good luck with the mechanic this time:yuk: