PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong Wins Record 6th Tour de France! (He Won 6 in a Row!)

MagicMtnDan
07-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Lance Armstrong rode into history Sunday, winning a record sixth Tour de France and cementing his place as one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Never in its 101-year history has the Tour had a winner like Armstrong — who just eight years ago was given less than a 50 percent chance of overcoming testicular cancer that spread to his lungs and brain.
His streak of six straight crowns has helped reinvigorate the greatest race in cycling, steering it into the 21st century. And the Tour, as much a part of French summers as languid meals over chilled rose, molded Armstrong into a sporting superstar.
No. 6: The achievement was almost too much for even Armstrong to comprehend.
"It might take years. I don’t know. It hasn’t sunk in yet. But six, standing on the top step on the podium on the Champs-Elysées is really special,” he said.
The ride into Paris and its famous tree-lined boulevard was a lap of honor Armstrong savored with a glass of champagne in the saddle. Even Jan Ullrich, his main adversary in previous years, gulped down a glass offered by ArmstrongÂ’s team manager through his car window.
“The last laps there, I thought, ‘Ah, I want to get this over with’,” Armstrong said. “But then I thought to myself, ‘You know, you might want to do a few more laps, because you may not ever do it again.’ And you can’t take it for granted.”
President Bush called soon after his fellow Texan crossed the finish line. “You’re awesome,” Bush told him.
With the Arc de Triomphe in the background, Armstrong put his yellow bicycle cap over his heart during the raising of the American flag and playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

MagicMtnDan
07-25-2004, 10:40 AM
:)http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=809647

MagicMtnDan
07-25-2004, 10:41 AM
:)http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=809648

XtrmWakeborder
07-25-2004, 10:51 AM
awsome news

JetBoatRich
07-25-2004, 10:56 AM
He is the man:cool: