PDA

View Full Version : Just won an anchor for $15

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 04:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7911799224&category=50436#ebayphotohosting
time to add a little more weight to it, get it to about 20-30lbs and hit the river. :) woo hoo

phebus
07-25-2004, 04:27 PM
The good news- you won, $15.00
The bad news- you won, shipping $50.00
:D :) :D :confused:

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 05:37 PM
no way, $28 shipped. :) UPS

DeltaSigBoater
07-25-2004, 09:34 PM
You know you could have gone to west marine and bought an anchor for less.
Also why are going to add more weight to it? I hope you dont think by adding more weight it will improve your holding power.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
You know you could have gone to west marine and bought an anchor for less.
Also why are going to add more weight to it? I hope you dont think by adding more weight it will improve your holding power.
Really? I have heard Rex Marine was expensive for anchors like that. I just want to add a little more weight to keep it down. I know it will not improve holding power, but it will help the anchor dig in.

j-rod
07-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I'll give ya 40 for it , could da use this weekend at the sandbar the current was really moving my anchor didn't hold !! congrats on the purchase..;)

Rexone
07-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Really? I have heard Rex Marine was expensive for anchors like that. I just want to add a little more weight to keep it down. I know it will not improve holding power, but it will help the anchor dig in.
DP E10 10lb Anchor $ 22.32 ea
DP E15 15lb Anchor $ 32.35 ea
Box anchors are much better too. But they're alot more money as well.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 09:53 PM
I said Rex Marine when I completely forgot about you Rex, what I meant was WEST MARINE, sorry for calling you out like that. I was looking at your box anchors, they are very nice. Basically when I was cruising ebay I saw it for $6 and thought it was a deal, then I ended up getting competitive and beating some dude out he jacked it up to $15 at the last minute. Oh well, it saves me on gas and/or shipping from a company. If I bought it for $25-$45 like I have been seeing from my searches, then I would have still paid $15 for shipping, bringing the total to $40-$60, so I saved money and hassle, it will come to me. I dont think anchors ever go bad, it looks a little rusty, but I will sand it down and like I said add a little weight and it should work very well. :)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I have one of those anchors and it suck ass.
Good luck with it. Mine never sets it just drags along the bottom.

Huckleberry
07-26-2004, 05:10 AM
The owner probably sold it as he went out and bought a Box Anchor. He got tired of his anchor not holding!

gramps
07-26-2004, 05:40 AM
I just want to add a little more weight to keep it down. I know it will not improve holding power, but it will help the anchor dig in.
put about 6 feet of 5/16" chain in between the anchor and the rope, that is howthose anchors are designed to work.

NorCal Gameshow
07-26-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Basically when I was cruising ebay I saw it for $6 and thought it was a deal, then I ended up getting competitive and beating some dude out he jacked it up to $15 at the last minute.
that's a common thing on E-bay.... people get wrapped up in the bidding .
every once in a while you see things sold for more than you can get them new:rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
07-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
that's a common thing on E-bay.... people get wrapped up in the bidding .
every once in a while you see things sold for more than you can get them new:rolleyes:
Um yeah, and people often bid up their own products or have buddies do it (especially at the last minute) to get the prices up. Buyer beware (it helps to pre-set a limit on each item you're interested in so you don't get caught up in the bidding because of your desire to get the item).