PDA

View Full Version : SEE NEW POST! ON "IT'S TIME TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

catalinaskiracer
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
All I am posting it here as well as on the "sticky" "It's time to make a difference" First reminding all that we are still trying to round up product & services to be raffeled off at the 58th running of the Long Beach to Catalina ski race all the info is under that "sticky" to help raise funds for the "Mike McGookin transplant fund" All that info is under that sticky as well.
Second and MOST IMPORTANT!! Here the latest post from Mike's site read it all It's the BEST reading I have read in a LONG TIME!
WE GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!
The call to let us know the liver is for Mike has finally come!!! Last night around 6:30pm the coordinator called Mike's room and we both listened as they told us they had a potential "O" liver that would be Mike's if it was healthy enough when it is harvested. We were so happy. The Lord answered our prayers like we knew He would. The transplant team harvested the liver at Univ. of Utah at 6:00am and called us just before 7:00am to let us know it was perfect!!! Mike was finally excited, really excited! He smiled bigger than I have seen in months. The look on his face was wonderful. He raised his arms in the air and celebrated! He even did a little "happy dance". We went down to surgery with him and gave our final kisses at 7:25am. He will be in surgery for many hours. They say anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. I know he will be so strong during this surgery and will fight like he has the past 2 weeks. I am amazed at his strength through all of this. He is an amazing man! I will update through out the day as I get an update from the surgeons. It will be continued at the bottom of this update so scroll down for new info at the bottom.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you have done to help us get to this day. Your prayers have been heard, I have no doubt and the Lord loves each of us. We feel of His love constantly. We love you.
We talked to the nurse a couple of times this morning....I couldn't get the site to update....sorry. She called at 9:15am & said all of lines were in & they were just starting surgery. She called again at 11:05am and said everything was going very well. He had to receive some blood, which is normal. They are still getting his liver out and the donor liver had just arrived. Please continue to pray that all will go well today. I'll update again soon!
We just talked to the nurse and she said everything looks great! The old liver is out and the new liver is in. All of the vessels are hooked up and once that is done Mike is in the clear. The surgeon took a break and then went back in to hook up the biliary vessels. They said it will take another hour and a half to finish up! We are thrilled! We know the Lord was there with Mike watching over him during this time and we are eternally grateful for his magnificent love. We love you all!
5:15pm - He's done!!!! He's doing great!!! The surgeon just came in and said the new liver is working perfectly!! He did say it was a difficult surgery but Mike pulled through with amazing strength. He said his liver was in very bad shape and the recovery will be slow. I think Mike will surprise them! He will go back to the ICU and will be there for a couple of days. We have so much to be grateful for and we know Heavenly Father has blessed us with a miracle. We love you!!!!

phebus
04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Awesome news, thank you for posting :)

slingingsmoke
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM
truly a Blessing

catalinaskiracer
04-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Just keeping it up!

catalinaskiracer
04-07-2006, 08:16 AM
just bumping it!

catalinaskiracer
04-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Back up to the top!

little rowe boat
04-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Great news and remember everyone, Lifes a River, is selling shirts to help raise money for Mike's medical costs. I purchased two shirts yesterday. Come on everyone lets make a difference and buy some shirts.

Mrs.HLB
04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
That is great news!! Prayers are still on the way...God bless him and his family!
Mrs.HLB

Mrs_Wally_Gator
04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
That is so GREAT!!! The Gators are truely happy for you r Family. Reading your post brought to my eyes. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

SummitKarl
04-07-2006, 12:24 PM
All I am posting it here as well as on the "sticky" "It's time to make a difference" First reminding all that we are still trying to round up product & services to be raffeled off at the 58th running of the Long Beach to Catalina ski race all the info is under that "sticky" to help raise funds for the "Mike McGookin transplant fund" All that info is under that sticky as well.
Check your PM's
I am arranging for the POWER OF HOT BOAT FORUMS to put on a fund raiser
for Mike at Chuys in Havasu on 4/29/06 :)

pixilatedpussy
04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!

catalinaskiracer
04-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Bumping it again!

little rowe boat
04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Back to the top. :)

catalinaskiracer
04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Back to the top!

life's a river
04-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Great news and remember everyone, Lifes a River, is selling shirts to help raise money for Mike's medical costs. I purchased two shirts yesterday. Come on everyone lets make a difference and buy some shirts.
Thank's for the order!Every little bit helps. Let's all just keep praying for Mike and for a great complete recovery.
If anybody want's to order shirt's to help out, PM me or e mail me at
asklar411@sbcglobal.net
PK

OGShocker
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Gery,
Please tell Mike we wish him a speedy recovery. We knew our prayers would be answered. Have "Rat" give you my cell number, we would like to help out but would prefer to do this directly.
All the best,
MarkB

catalinaskiracer
04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I will do that OGShocker, and thanks for the thoughts and prayers!
Gery

little rowe boat
04-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Bump

catalinaskiracer
04-08-2006, 08:04 AM
bump again!