PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave Regatta pics

hd&boatrider
07-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Anybody take any?
Had a great time, won some money with the poker hand, my guests totally enjoyed themselves and I got to meet a bunch of people from the HBF. Good weekend and good weather :)

FRANK THE TANK
07-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I have some that I'll be loading tonight I hope. I'll come back and post them here when I get a chance. Anyone know when the helicopter (sp) pics are going to be available?
I really want one of those......
:D

dicudmore
07-26-2004, 12:36 PM
the NORDIC attendee put some up at rrx
regatta pics courtesy of PHX ATC (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=5;t=4932)

hd&boatrider
07-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FRANK THE TANK
I have some that I'll be loading tonight I hope. I'll come back and post them here when I get a chance. Anyone know when the helicopter (sp) pics are going to be available?
I really want one of those......
:D
I think they said within 2 weeks they will be up on the Jokers Wild web site

PHX ATC
07-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
the NORDIC attendee put some up at rrx
regatta pics courtesy of PHX ATC (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=5;t=4932)
What he said. There they are. Didn't take many, but I was having a good time.
In a Nordic!:D

FRANK THE TANK
07-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Sorry butmy pics came out like crap. I'll have to see what's up with my camera. I think I had water in it..... LOL

rvrkaosI
07-27-2004, 10:22 PM
I was up at Havasu staying at the Agavi Inn watching boats cruise by in front of the London Bridge, what a awesome hotel!! But back to shockwave, I watched two shockwaves and a natique crash into each other just past the bridge. :( One shockwave 29 and a natique took some fiberglass rubb and words were flying!! the natique was coming to fast, and the shockwave wasn't paying attention to his surroundings
sad to see glass being exchanged, but it happens:mad:

Salty Cracker
07-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by rvrkaosI
I watched two shockwaves and a natique crash into each other just past the bridge. :( One shockwave 29 and a natique took some fiberglass rubb and words were flying!! the natique was coming to fast, and the shockwave wasn't paying attention to his surroundings
sad to see glass being exchanged, but it happens:mad:
Well, I beg to differ...I was in the middle of the whole thing and it sucked!! :mad:
My partner and I (he in the 29' amd me in my 25') were cruising through the channel next to each other @ idle speed. The next thing I know is a ski boat comes up between us real fast and heads right for my bow. I throw it in reverse and avoid the collision, however the driver of the skiboat also throws it in reverse and then back in foreward (obviously in a panic) which swings his stern into the stern of my buddys boat.
What really suprised me, was that immediately after this happened, the passengers in the boat started yelling at my buddy and his wife for going to slow and being in the way, and when I yelled at the driver that it was a "NO WAKE ZONE" a male passenger started yelling the same shiznit at me!! To make it better, the driver refused to pull over and kept going through the channel.
Needless to say, after all of that, the words were flying pretty heavily on all sides. My buddy followed the boat long enough to get a pic of the CF#'s and was talking about reporting a hit and run.
It was probably for the best all around that the ski boat didn't pull over....Tempers were WAY TO HOT!!!
Well, besides that, It was nice to meet the Kilrtoy's, Mandelon's, and IntoMX's, GREAT PEOPLE!!!
We did miss Andy and Bre, BF and 6$Bill, maybe next time....
Shockwave regatta Kicked A$$, great peeps, great prizes, HAVASULUVR, YOU THE MAN!!! Congrats!!

hd&boatrider
07-28-2004, 09:36 AM
I may have seen them coming thru the channel. I saw one boat yelling at a SW...this would be away from the LB S thru the channel. I yelled at the other boat not to **** with the SW :) He glanced at me and kept going
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
Well, I beg to differ...I was in the middle of the whole thing and it sucked!! :mad:
My partner and I (he in the 29' amd me in my 25') were cruising through the channel next to each other @ idle speed. The next thing I know is a ski boat comes up between us real fast and heads right for my bow. I throw it in reverse and avoid the collision, however the driver of the skiboat also throws it in reverse and then back in foreward (obviously in a panic) which swings his stern into the stern of my buddys boat.
What really suprised me, was that immediately after this happened, the passengers in the boat started yelling at my buddy and his wife for going to slow and being in the way, and when I yelled at the driver that it was a "NO WAKE ZONE" a male passenger started yelling the same shiznit at me!! To make it better, the driver refused to pull over and kept going through the channel.
Needless to say, after all of that, the words were flying pretty heavily on all sides. My buddy followed the boat long enough to get a pic of the CF#'s and was talking about reporting a hit and run.
It was probably for the best all around that the ski boat didn't pull over....Tempers were WAY TO HOT!!!
Well, besides that, It was nice to meet the Kilrtoy's, Mandelon's, and IntoMX's, GREAT PEOPLE!!!
We did miss Andy and Bre, BF and 6$Bill, maybe next time....
Shockwave regatta Kicked A$$, great peeps, great prizes, HAVASULUVR, YOU THE MAN!!! Congrats!!

PHX ATC
07-28-2004, 09:48 AM
That's why I shy away from the Channel...too many suckasses.
Salty, the barge okay? No major damage, I hope.:)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Where are the pics

Kilrtoy
07-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Salty Craker ,
nice to meet you also,
Sweet ride you have,
hopefully next time we can put a few back and chat......

hd&boatrider
07-29-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Salty Craker ,
nice to meet you also,
Sweet ride you have,
hopefully next time we can put a few back and chat......
Sorry I missed you guys our there KT and SC...I was looking forward to meeting everybody.

Havasu Luvr
07-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
SC, Thanks, the next morning every one was coming up to me congratulating me. I was very confused, so I asked them "For What?" They told me what I had done and thats when I knew I had to many beers :eek: J/K Everything went just as planned and Ms. HL is sooooo excited, if I knew the "Rewards" were going to be this good :rolleyes: then I would propose every weekend :D
Special thanks to Barry/David @ Shockwave for holding this secret for so long and to Todd/Larry @ Jokers Wild for printing up the banner and making it happen.

hd&boatrider
07-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
SC, Thanks, the next morning every one was coming up to me congratulating me. I was very confused, so I asked them "For What?" They told me what I had done and thats when I knew I had to many beers :eek: J/K Everything went just as planned and Ms. HL is sooooo excited, if I knew the "Rewards" were going to be this good :rolleyes: then I would propose every weekend :D
Special thanks to Barry/David @ Shockwave for holding this secret for so long and to Todd/Larry @ Jokers Wild for printing up the banner and making it happen.
Congrats again HL...You got some style :). This happened right in front of our table. It almost, almost...brought tears to my eyes...naw, jk

nodigg
07-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Here's some pics!
http://www.jtinc.com/Shockwave%20Images/Shockwave_pictures%20page1.htm

DAB
07-29-2004, 01:27 PM
[i] Special thanks to Barry/David @ Shockwave for holding this secret for so long and to Todd/Larry @ Jokers Wild for printing up the banner and making it happen. [/B]
HL, you're very welcome! I'm glad everything worked out well.
David

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
what you mean no has any Pics of the regetta (women) :eek:

PlyaPlya22
07-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
David...don't forget to let the little guys know the date...Congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs......your names will become one Havasu Luvrs
Eric

Havasu Luvr
07-30-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
David...don't forget to let the little guys know the date...Congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs......your names will become one Havasu Luvrs
Eric
Eric, thanks, you and Mel are already on my list :D

Salty Cracker
08-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
what you mean no has any Pics of the regetta (women) :eek:
Well, since the weekend was a "wife-free" one, the pics will remain "lost" ;)

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 02:41 PM
I cant beleive no one has posted pics....

hd&boatrider
08-02-2004, 03:27 PM
I did not take any. I assumed many others were going to take pics :(