PDA

View Full Version : Back in Business!!!!!!

JROCK
07-26-2004, 01:18 PM
After blowing out my OLDS, I was fortunate to find KONA19 aka Alex on here selling his 455 off for cheap. We setup an internet date and met at his place and started work on swapping engines at about 11:00 am. On SundayÂ….. Ten and a half hours later we had a running engine and everything was working great!!!!!! I was completely ignorant about my jet boat before this exercise and learned a tremendous amount of info during the time spent on this engine swap. Alex worked his balls off the entire time without stopping for lunch or even his wifeÂ’s cell phone calls and was extremely helpful, patient and just plain knew his sh@t. As with any project like this we ran into a bunch of unexpected issues (I wont even go into it), but Alex was able to solve every single one of them and seemed genuinely happy to do it. Thanks a ton Alex, canÂ’t wait to hang with you at the river, I owe you about 400 beers!!!
IÂ’m going to clean the boat up tonight and will post some pics. Needless to say I am totally stoked to be back in the water this season. I was very close to selling my boat or dumping a ton of money into it for a BBC conversion!!!!!!!!!

Nubbs
07-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Glad to hear things worked out for you.

78Southwind
07-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Where's the pictures

JROCK
07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Got busy with work.... was only able to clean the interior up, will clean up the gel tomorrow and post the pics :)!!!

JROCK
07-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Heres some pics. THanks agian to Kona19 for all the help!!
http://www.csupomona.edu/~jfspindler/boat/test.html

78Southwind
07-29-2004, 08:44 PM
:cool:

victorfb
07-30-2004, 10:45 AM
yeahhhhh.... thats awsome. one of the good threads for once. congradulations to you and kudos to Alex for all the help and the great deal on the motor. i hope your plans for buying the house didnt suffer at all. and now you get to enjoy dads old boat for a long time. i really like hearing this news. :D
hope to see you both at the CBBB.