PDA

View Full Version : Please help regarding Steve Lowater donations

Mrs. GoFast
07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Hello,
A lot of you know me, but some donÂ’t. I am Sandy, (Mrs. Gofast, GofastRacers wife).
Recently it has come to my attention that there has been some shady happenings going on .
Most of you, or a lot of you donated to the Steve Lowater fund That a certain party posted on the boards. Depositing either by pay pal, or directly to Washington Mutual Bank. I was one of you, to the tune of $500 dollars from the board auctions.
At this time I am asking that everyone that donated please send me an e-mail to imaceramicnut@yahoo.com
with your name and the amount that you contributed.
The reasons I am doing this are as follows:
1. The person that collected the Money 1year ago this month, never gave the money to Steve until I started asking all kinds of questions as to where it went. Steve received it on 7-9-04. One year later.
2. This person let everyone think he had given the money to Steve, and or paid it directly on his hospital bill, which was stated to me a year ago and to Billy B as well. All the time people were bad mouthing Steve, including this person for not going on the boards and thanking everyone for all we did for him. What was he to thank us for, he never received a dime.
3. I have been in contact with Steve and he has finally received a check for $ 2525.31
I am in poession of a copy of this check. Written from a personal account for 100.00 less then he said he collected. Why not a Bank Check from the so call special fund account?
How ever after going back thru the boards and all the posts, I come up with a total closer to $3500.00, not to include any cash donations that went thru pay pal.
The person who collected the money said the account was at the bank as the Steve Lowater Fund, when in fact the account was in his name only. I checked that out myself.
I would like to verify what was collected and what Steve should have gotten, and I hope to get cooperation from everyone involved. You see, it is not just Steve who is getting cheated, but everyone who gave to this fund. Remember it was your money and your parts that went up for auction. Also so many of you were bitter about the whole thing that you were unwilling to donate to other things that occurred shortly there after.
Below is a recent statement that this person made to someone else on these forms. I guess he was trying to justify his actions by making others look bad.
“I have gotten some e-mails and PM`s from a few people about the donations for Steve asking if he got the money.
Yes, He has the money we collected for him.
He told me the money would be paid to the hospital and not used for anything else.
I talked with Steve last week and he told me he was going to get online and thank everyone for everything they did for him, But as you know as well as I do there has been no posts by him yet.
The attachment with this e-mail is the transaction history for all of the deposits we got which came out to a total of $2625.31
I also pasted it to the bottom in case the attachment will not work.
I donÂ’t know how many people sent money direct to you for deposit to SteveÂ’s account but I did get quite a few sent to me and thru PayPal but I just donÂ’t know who was who that sent it in.
Back when the auctions were going on I tried to keep track of them and see who the winning high bidders were but when some money would come in I had no clue as for which auction it was for.
I do think some money was never sent in by a couple of people that posted items and others that said they would donate (I am not going to say any names) cash.”
This was the letter that was sent to someone else on the boards, So, as you can see the amount of money still doesnÂ’t jive with what Steve received, and
Is no where close to what I came up with when I added up all the money from the auctions, That is if it was all sent in (see statement above).
So guys please help me out here. E-mail me and let me know your total donation.
Name and donation are sufficient. Then weÂ’ll see what we can do. I have already received one e-mail.
By the way, Steve did post a thank you, so Guys it is your turn to respond.
Thank you for your help. And Yes I got permission to post this.
Mrs. Gofast
Sandy

Rexone
07-27-2004, 02:31 AM
So no one knows anything about this? Cal***boat what's the deal here?
I distinctly remember a whole load of threads aimed at bashing Steve for not thanking anyone for the money.
If he never got the money I guess that would be a pretty good reason not to thank anyone for it.
Alot of people donated money to Steve through donations and the auctioning of stuff off in his behalf. I think those people deserve to know what's up here, why he didn't get the money till now and why the dollar descrepency.
If I'm missing something please fill me in.

Hotcrusader76
07-27-2004, 04:53 AM
So let's have a little more detail here, such as screen names. This way some of us can avoid this individual for future dealings. It sort of dims the importance of this gesture when a theif is among us.
Funny thing is it doesn't surprise me something like this would even take place. What a joke. The truth will come about. Give it time!
~Ty

lucky
07-27-2004, 07:49 AM
:D I wasn't board hopping last year - but that just plain ass crappy - what ever happen to respect , loyalty , your word and common decency - this world has some pretty " messed up people " they should be kicked in the junk - so they cant breed ! - whom ever this person is - buck up and make it right ! maybe you'll be able to sleep at night !- :yuk:

Rexone
07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
I'd like some explanation and clarity on this as much as many of you would. Let's please relax just a bit and give the guy the opportunity to present his case on what has transpired before going on a tried, convicted and hung spree here. Perhaps there is an explanation that makes sense, perhaps not. Time will tell. It's been a year. A few hours or days figuring out what happened is really not going to have much affect at this point.
Discussion on it is fine. If you get into heavy bashing mode without hearing both sides I as mod will step in and stop you, just telling you that up front. This remains a tech forum for v-drive related topics, not Bench racers.
Carry on. :)

Mrs. GoFast
07-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Like Mike Says, no bashing, just let us know if you donated and how much, so we can resolve this whole matter please.
Thanks
Sandy

cal***boat
07-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
So no one knows anything about this? Cal***boat what's the deal here?
I distinctly remember a whole load of threads aimed at bashing Steve for not thanking anyone for the money.
If he never got the money I guess that would be a pretty good reason not to thank anyone for it.
Alot of people donated money to Steve through donations and the auctioning of stuff off in his behalf. I think those people deserve to know what's up here, why he didn't get the money till now and why the dollar descrepency.
If I'm missing something please fill me in.
I know people are upset with this and I will explain as well as I can.
The Washington Mutual Bank teller told me the easiest way to setup the account for Steve was to open a free checking account with my name on it and use it as an account to deposit and transfer the money into as it came in, So I took her advise and did that.
When I first set up the PayPal account I entered the bank account number wrong because I placed a zero at the beginning of the account number and PayPal would not let me reuse the number again so I had to use my cd savings account number instead for the money to be deposited into.
I don`t know if you remember but I had to repost the bank account number on the boards also because people said it was not a good number.
I thought I could keep track of it pretty easy but it did not happen that way and it turned into a can of worms.
I tried to back track the auctions to check and see who was the finial high bidder and then check to see if that amount of money was deposited in the bank or PayPal but as I said it turned into a can of worms trying to keep track of it.
Somewhere along the line I got this deal all screwed up and please believe me it was not intentional and there is no way I would benefit from keeping any of this money that is to go to Steve.
Any difference that you come up with please let me know how much it is and Steve will get it.
The check I gave Steve on 7-09 I thought I wrote it out for $2625.31 but after checking it I did screw up there and wrote it out for $2525.31 so I do know I own him another $100.
I am sorry it took so long for Steve to get the money and the only reason I have for that is my own fault. I lost track of the amount of time that had passed but it was always in my mind to get the money to him when I could.
The end of last year and in February of this year I had to go through 2 diabetic related surgeries and it laid me up for about 4 months of being in the hospital and stuck at home, buy my personal health problems are no excuse.
As far as all the bashing that went towards Steve for never posting a thank you that all came about after his trip to Needles last year and at that time Steve was not himself yet.
Lots of people here on the boards said not to give the money direct to Steve and send it to the hospital so I told them what they wanted to here and tried to smooth things over at that time.
Once again I am very sorry this turned out this way and I want to get it all resolved.
If everyone that donated could please send Sandy copies of thier checks, Bank deposits or PayPal receipts please do so.
Dave

DansBlown73Nordic
07-27-2004, 01:23 PM
After reading the explanation....several things come to mind.
First off im sure the Lady at the bank never had a clue how many donations were going to be coming in.
Second can't you just look back at the bank statement and figure out what was what?
Third I think due to the fact of one and two the wrong person was left in charge of this deal.....;)

Rexone
07-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cal***boat
As far as all the bashing that went towards Steve for never posting a thank you that all came about after his trip to Needles last year and at that time Steve was not himself yet.
Lots of people here on the boards said not to give the money direct to Steve and send it to the hospital so I told them what they wanted to here and tried to smooth things over at that time.
Dave
Dave thanks for the reply,
What puzzles me is the bashing towards Steve when you knew he had not received the money yet you let him take the heat. I'd have to review the threads but my memory tells me you allowed it to go on and perhaps even joined in agreement with those posting. So I really don' t understand why you would have allowed that without saying something or how that was smoothing things over. This part doesn't seem that smooth to me.
Seems all it would have taken would have been a "hey guys I got the money but it's all f'ed up and I need some help figuring this stuff out" at the time. I'm sure you'd have had help lining up to assist.
And I'm not tryin to stir the shit here (I've had plenty lately) this parts just seems a little "out there" at first glance anyway.

ColeTR1
07-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Don't know Steve, he sure did take a beating in this thread.
Link 9-22-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14445)
Link to Acct Info
Link 8-03-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15796)
Link 7-31-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13252)
read and make up your minds

cal***boat
07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Dave thanks for the reply,
Seems all it would have taken would have been a "hey guys I got the money but it's all f'ed up and I need some help figuring this stuff out" at the time. I'm sure you'd have had help lining up to assist.
And I'm not tryin to stir the shit here (I've had plenty lately) this parts just seems a little "out there" at first glance anyway.
Yea Mike I know now that I should have asked for help but I thought I could figure it out on my own and instead I screwed up the whole deal.
I read the links that are posted above by ColeTr1 and at that time I was in contact with Steve but as I stated he was not himself then.
The Red Rock trip did disappoint me and thats when we ended everything with the auctions.
My own personal health problems delayed things even longer to get the money to Steve and the lawsuit I was dealing with over the sale of my blown engine which took up alot my time back then.
Anyway you look at it I should have asked for help which is all my own fault.
So PLEASE everyone that did send in money contact Sandy (Mrs GoFast) with copies of your check, Washington Mutual deposit slip or PayPal receipt so we can get this resolved as soon as possiable.

GofastRacer
07-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
Thanks for clearing this up Dave. I knew there had to be some sort of reason and I thought that it may have been an accounting error, and that's why I posted above to maybe ask in a few of the forums because there were people donating/auctioning from a few forums, not just the V-Drives forum.
I honestly don't think that anyone will come up with an accurate exact number here, due to the various means by which the $$ came in, and the various locations that the people that donated are located in. I think that just asking for everyone to PM or Email Sandy will most likely have the numbers coming up very low due to the media that it's being done at (***boat Forums on the Internet). I think that maybe the best way to get an accurate accounting, is to do a reconciliation back to the date that donations started arriving, on both the Washington Mutual Account, and the PayPal account. You should be able to get the records of the transactions from each of these companies fairly easily.
Absent that, I think that Mrs GoFast's email $$ amount numbers are not gonna come close to the amount actually received. You can't really go by what someone "says" that they are gonna send in old posts, because I'm sure not everyone sent what they said they would. Sure, alot of folks probably did, but I wouldn't say that all did. So, old posts are not gonna give you an accurate accounting, and the emails from folks who donated are not gonna give you an accurate accounting. The only way is to do the paperwork and do a reconciliation of accounts (Washington Mutual and PayPal)
Glad to hear that Steve is doing ok now, and glad to see this thing getting straightened out mutually:)
So far all the amounts she has are from the v-drive forum ONLY and it's still short!..:rolleyes:

GofastRacer
07-27-2004, 07:50 PM
That's being looked into also!..:)

Mrs. GoFast
07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Here is a list of names, I have no Idea who they are, but please let me know. This is a list from the pay pal account that Dave provided me with. give me your screen name and your Donation amount please.
Steve Gough
Christopher Lloyd
David Bottomley
Jason Moore
Jeff Brady
Frank Alley
Randy Sides
Craig Lane
Andrew Neuman
If you donated thru paypal, and your name is not on this list, please contact me also.
Thanks.
By the way, I hope some people have sent apologies to Steve, after I read that thread.
Thanks again Sandy

BILLY.B
07-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by ColeTR1
Don't know Steve, he sure did take a beating in this thread.
Link 9-22-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14445)
Link to Acct Info
Link 8-03-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15796)
Link 7-31-03 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13252)
read and make up your minds WOW I forgot how ugly this got :eek!: . Steve called me personally and felt really bad. Now this comes out and everything takes a different turn. Bottom line Steve is going to be fine after time and hopefully this situation will be worked out.

Wally_Gator
07-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Just an outside observation here...
I am relativly new and did not know of all of the drama surrounding this. So coming into this very late here are a couple of thoughts..
Rexone.. Great sense of fairness and impartiality. This is a second incident where I have seen professionalism.
Cal***boat..... Stepped up to the plate. Here is a nasty situation that alot of people would run from the hordes of angry ***boater. Dave has stepped up and taken responsability.
Just my .02

Her454
07-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. GoFast
Here is a list of names, I have no Idea who they are, but please let me know. This is a list from the pay pal account that Dave provided me with. give me your screen name and your Donation amount please.
Steve Gough
Christopher Lloyd
David Bottomley
Jason Moore
Jeff Brady
Frank Alley
Randy Sides
Craig Lane
Andrew Neuman
If you donated thru paypal, and your name is not on this list, please contact me also.
Thanks.
By the way, I hope some people have sent apologies to Steve, after I read that thread.
Thanks again Sandy
Sandy, I sent you info via PM. Its too bad this had to turn ugly when someone was trying to do something good and had (I am assuming) the best of intentions. I do not know Steve personally
but Im happy to hear he is on the road to recovery.
Since I started the ball rolling per Daves request in the beginning, and collected on behalf of MLHB I was of course concerned and disappointed there was no acknowledgement. Let me be the first to apologize to Steve if I did in fact bash him. I dont recall anything, but if I did I apologize.
Traci
MLHB

Mrs. GoFast
07-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Traci,
You werent the one doing the bashing, they all know who they were. If not, they just need to read the thread from coletr1.
we'll wait and see who steps up.
Thanks for your concern.
Sandy

Sangster
07-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Traci,
You werent the one doing the bashing, they all know who they were. If not, they just need to read the thread from coletr1.
we'll wait and see who steps up.
Thanks for your concern.
Sandy
Steps up to the plate!!!!!!....You got to be kidding me...... This was a Travischmockery almost from the begining.... I wouldn't call it Bashing.... but..... Maybe a bunch of good hearted, mislead people....I will personally stand by all my statements / posts under the circumstances at the time they were made..... :cool: :cool: :cool:

superdave013
07-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Sandy, I'm David Bottomley. I already sent you the info before this thread started. If need be I can go back and do it again.
It was 100 bucks for something I bought from Billy B.

Mrs. GoFast
07-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Sangster
Steps up to the plate!!!!!!....You got to be kidding me...... This was a Travischmockery almost from the begining.... I wouldn't call it Bashing.... but..... Maybe a bunch of good hearted, mislead people....I will personally stand by all my statements / posts under the circumstances at the time they were made..... :cool: :cool: :cool:
I agree you were oviously mislead, but did any of you stop and take the time to contact Steve or his family to find out exactly what was going on. If you read the whole thread you will see that I did, and gave an explination as to why he was at Red Rock. Also stated it was paid for by his Son. So, did anyone else question Cal***boat about where the money was or what happend to it? I don't think so, or this would have been all handled by now. You are however entitled to your opnion, and I respect that, if that is the way you feel.
Have a great Day:D

Sangster
07-29-2004, 10:29 AM
I agree you were oviously mislead, but did any of you stop and take the time to contact Steve or his family to find out exactly what was going on. If you read the whole thread you will see that I did, and gave an explination as to why he was at Red Rock. Also stated it was paid for by his Son. So, did anyone else question Cal***boat about where the money was or what happend to it? I don't think so, or this would have been all handled by now. You are however entitled to your opnion, and I respect that, if that is the way you feel.
Have a great Day:D
Hummm..... I got to admit, I sure thought this was water under the bridge....When I Talked to Steve this Father's Day at CFW it was quite obvious that he new nothing about this or atleast he made no mention of it in the 20 minutes or so that we talked... I don't think "He" even knew at the time...Secondly, I don't think it's my place to ask him to thank me for what I did...The way I see it...Cal***boat said had sent money to Steve as it neared $1,000.00 and I was cool with that and that he would be sending more as it came in to the account.... This seems to be the source of the deception... At least to this point...
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Mrs.Gofastracer...Don't get me wrong, I do appreaciate all that your doing to get to the bottom of this..:cool: :cool: :cool:

Moneypitt
07-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Please remember that good intensions were still, good intensions. What has transpired here was, I hope, an oversight on someones good intensions. Do I know? NO. Did I contribute? NO. This all happened before I met all these good people. And I did say ALL these good people. Allow whomever is in question to make it right, as I'm sure they will, before going off the deep end of asasination (sp). Sandy, I'm sure you'll get this straightened out. Question: Have you ever tried to do something SO right, and have it all blow up in your face? No one can know what was on anyone else's mind when they started to do something good for someone else......MP
PS: Be careful discounting someone else's medical problems when trying to evaluate their performance in a situation like this. As I read this, the person in question is willing to make it "right". Give him a minute...........MP
PSS: As far as anyone flaming anyone for not responding to their help, I didn't think anyone actually helped someone else in a deal like this, just to hear about it. Helping out is just that, helping out. I was at RR last year and heard people talking about the expense of someone else being there, and "how could he afford to be there". It all was "greek" to me, but now I understand what was being said. However, wouldn't a RR trip be part of "your" rehab if it was you???.........My(unpaid) .02......

Rexone
07-31-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm going to remind everyone that the purpose of this thread is to gather information regarding who donated what for Steve so Mrs GoFast can come up with the best accounting possible.
If there is a problem I'm sure that result will reflect it. I do not make judgements on people when I don't know all the facts. I have not walked in Cal***boats shoes (nor has anyone else on this forum that I'm aware of) on this and although I can understand suspecion of mishandling at the least I'd like everyone to refrain in passing judgement until all the facts are gathered. The focus should remain on helping Steve out as that was the intent originally of everyone who donated money and other items for auction. If this is simply a case of non-intentional mishandling of the money then it's my opinion we should just fix it best we can and move on. If it turns out to be something more than that you're free to discuss it, just not on this thread. I don't plan on editing but I will split the thread in two if you guys persist with so far unproven (IMO) accusations. This thread's purpose is information gathering. With that in mind please refer to my second post.

Hud
07-31-2004, 04:51 AM
Let's start a list. If you donated to the Steve Lowater Fund, please put your name down & where you send your money! Thanks Hud----- C'mon!:D

Mrs. GoFast
07-31-2004, 07:43 AM
Since I started the thread, I will start the list.
$300.00 Washington Mutual deposit-Sandy
$200.00 Washington Mutual deposit-Sandy
$100.00 Pay Pal----------------deposit-Art

Itsahobby
07-31-2004, 10:54 AM
List:
$100(For some Kung Fu) to Hud : Jerry

Hud
07-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Craig Kinnaman- Flat Stuip= $500.00, Super Kung Fu Kit. Craig Kinnaman- Flat Stuip= $60 or 65.00 dollars for beach bag donated by Bruce Penny. Uclahater- Jim Griffin= $200.00 for a fuel tank, donated by Jeff Hunt. Steve Gough-Burbanite= $80.00 for Kung Fu Kit. Craig Clifton- Oldsquirt= Kung Fu Kit- $ ?. Scot Perolta= Super Kung Fu Kit- $ ?. Gary Breid= ? There were 2 cd Kits sold, 2 super Kits & 5 small Kung Fu kits sold, a little help please! C'mon!:D

Hud
07-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks Jerry! C'mon!!:cool: Just as soon as I get a little time some Kung Fu will be coming your way!:D

Sangster
07-31-2004, 07:16 PM
I deposited 2 checks for the 2 scoops that were auctioned off.. I no longer have the receipts, but to the best of my knowledge the total amount of the two checks combined was $750.00..... Both checks were deposited at Washington Mutual/Vacaville branch...:cool: :cool: :cool:

Itsahobby
08-01-2004, 08:43 PM
No problem. One of these days I will have to taste some of the
shrooms made by the best:boxed:
Jerry
Originally posted by Hud
Thanks Jerry! C'mon!!:cool: Just as soon as I get a little time some Kung Fu will be coming your way!:D

uclahater
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Sangster
I deposited 2 checks for the 2 scoops that were auctioned off.. I no longer have the receipts, but to the best of my knowledge the total amount of the two checks combined was $750.00..... Both checks were deposited at Washington Mutual/Vacaville branch...:cool: :cool: :cool:
Sangster was the scoop I bought from you one of those? If so i sent a check for $175.00 for it
and I also sent a check for $120.00 for a print that I auctioned off I did it for the guys with 3 hydros in it. it was LikeFatherandsons3(BOard Name)
I hope this helps
Jim

BigBoyToys
08-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Man this is getting confusing:confused: Some people donated $ in their own names, but some people donated money at an auction that was deposited in someone elses name:confused:
I hope this gets straightened out for all involved:cool: :cool:

Mrs. GoFast
08-03-2004, 05:29 AM
Not confusing at all. I need to here from those that deposited, because I need to know how it was deposited. I also need to know who gave the deposit and how much, so that I can compare the two, get an accurate figure and give Steve a list of the people that were kind enough to help him out. I'd like to put this to rest soon.
SO IF YOU DONATED, PLEASE SPEAK UP. OR PM ME, EITHER WAY WORKS. OR SEE THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD AND E-MAIL ME.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP...............SANDY

burbanite
08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi folks, long time no see....been busy and not able to be around as much.
Hmmm, quite the little situation we have here but I'm sure that between us we can get it ironed out in a civil manner.
Steve Gough, that would be me.
First payment was a personal donation from me for $50.00 sent via PayPal 8/12/03.
Second payment was from the proceeds of my auctions. If you recall the proceeds were to be divided equally between two Hot Boat members who needed help, Steve Lowater and Eric Gochenouer. Total was rounded up to $650, on 9/17/03 $325.00 was sent via PayPal to each account.
Copies of the transactions sent to MrsGofast.
Keep smiling.

1Shockwaveguy
08-04-2004, 01:41 PM
i'm not one to beat a dead horse but I gotta say, from a guy looking in and not knowing anyone here I gotta go with Nodigg on this one. I think Cal***boat is full of shit. Way too many things fishy going on not to mention letting this poor guy take the heat for not saying thank you for money that he didn't even know existed. Sounds to me like if no one brought up the fact he never said thanks, and this donation was never brought up again by the folks here Steve would have never known about the money and cal***boat would have robbed everyone here. On the bright side, if this is true that he was trying to rip you all off, (which I think) take comfort in the fact that Karma is a nasty bitch for people like this.

AJ
08-05-2004, 09:09 PM
I bought one of the scoops from Sangster. I am not sure what I paid, Sandy I sent you an email last night. I will look for my register to see what I paid.
AJ

Hud
08-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Had a good talk with Steve Lowater yesterday @ Camp Far West! He told me that Dave=Cal***boat had came by and gave him another check for $500.00, a 50 dollar bill & a 10 dollar bill this week. Now, I wish everyone that send any money @ all to the Steve Lowater fund would sit down like I did & figure out how much money you send in & were! PalPal, Bank, what ever! Since Dave kept no list, how the hell can Steve thank everyone if he doesn't know who to thank! You can pm me or Mrs. Gofastracer. We do, "WANT" Steve to get ALL his money! Thanks Hud! :idea:

pgf127rt
08-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Had a good talk with Steve Lowater yesterday @ Camp Far West! He told me that Dave=Cal***boat had came by and gave him another check for $500.00, a 50 dollar bill & a 10 dollar bill this week. Now, I wish everyone that send any money @ all to the Steve Lowater fund would sit down like I did & figure out how much money you send in & were! PalPal, Bank, what ever! Since Dave kept no list, how the hell can Steve thank everyone if he doesn't know who to thank! You can pm me or Mrs. Gofastracer. We do, "WANT" Steve to get ALL his money! Thanks Hud! :idea:
Hud, I donated to the account through a Pay Pal donation, I don't remember the amount but I usually do $100.00, I can't access the amount because a few months ago I was having a problem with my PayPal acct. and while I was on the phone with the tech person, I inadvertently hit the wrong button and deleted my account, if y'all have the records of the donations, it was from Joe Don Lewis.
Maybe this will teach people who are doing a fund raiser to open a separate account for deposits and not let the funds get co-mingled with their private funds, not a good deal and for people like me and hundreds of others who donate for worthy causes it might hurt future fund raisng efforts when it is really needed. I put my trust in Dave to see that my money went to Steve and I really hope it got to him. Thank you and Sandy for all you are doing to resolve this matter.

FlatStupid
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure that Cal Boat is the only person that's not totally righteous in this deal just my 2 cents. Let your conscience be your guide! I'm in at about $1400 and not all of my auction goods arrived as promised. Apparently we all can get to busy. :( :eek: No tellin where the money went :rolleyes:

Hud
08-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Craig, If I can ask! What did't you get & from who? Let's clear the air all @ once here, it's going to be a long winter, C'mon!

FlatStupid
08-11-2004, 03:49 AM
Craig, If I can ask! What did't you get & from who? Let's clear the air all @ once here, it's going to be a long winter, C'mon!
Hud, All know that I'm just Grasshopper at the feet of the Foo master! Maybe just an honest mistake. But we are still makin smoke in the Big Sky Country :D

Mrs. GoFast
08-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Craig,
Check your work E-Mail :D

Mrs. GoFast
08-13-2004, 06:59 PM
WELL FOLKS, THANKS FOR ALL THE COOPERATION HERE ARE THE TOTALS AS THEY STAND SO FAR. IF ANYONE OUT THERE NEEDS TO STILL CONTACT ME, OR HUD, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY. SANDY
Steve Lowater Donation List as of 08/09/04
Mr. & Mrs. Gofastracer----------------$600.00
Superdave----------------------------100.00
HudÂ’s Collections---------------------1326.00
Sangster----------------------------- 750.00
Flatbroke----------------------------- 66.68
Rich Turner---------------------------119.00
HolyMoly------------------------------ 20.00
VoodooCanoe-------------------------200.00
Burbanite----------------------------- 50.00
Burbanite-----------------------------325.00
Craig Lane-----------------------------10.00
Andrew Newman-----------------------10.00
JJ Beaver------------------------------35.00
Randy Sides---------------------------20.00
Jeff Brady-----------------------------15.00
Jason Moore------------------------- 140.00
Christopher Lloyd--------------------- 70.00
Uclahater---------------------------- 120.00
Joe Don Lewis-------------------------100.00
--------------------
Total as of tonight $ 4076.68
HudÂ’s Collection
Jim Griffin-200, Flat Stupid-500, 126 driver-125,Itsahobby-80, Oldsquirt-80, Burbanite-80,Hal-50,Squeezing Spectra-50
Flat Stupid-60, Hardcore Skier-101. Total $1326.00(SEE ABOVE)
If your not on this list please speak up now!!!!!!!, I donÂ’t want to here any bitching later on, about being left off the list. Remember your donation may have been sent by one of the above people who auctioned something. If so, give us your name so we can give the list to Steve.
Thanks-----------Mrs. Gofast & Hud-------------.
So Far Steve Has been given $3085.31

Mrs. GoFast
08-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Just to give everyone an up date, I received an e-mail from Cal***boat today.
Here is a copy of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent : Monday, August 16, 2004 1:10 PM
To : "Sandy Anderson"
Subject : Re: Lowater Donations
| | | Inbox
Sandy;
I will get Steve a check for $991.37 sometime early next week as soon as I
get back from Oregon.
Thanks, Dave
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, on this note, I will say that if I do not here anything further from anyone else about something they donated by this Friday, 08/20/04, I will ask Mike to un-pin the thread and let it go.
Thank You all for your cooperation in our quest to see that our donations went where they were ment to go.
Sandy, Hud, & Billy B.

Hud
08-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Last Call, C'mon!

Rexone
08-19-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm unpinning this thread now per Sandy's request. Please let her know if you donated and aren't on the list.

uclahater
08-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I would just like to thank Sandy and Hud for all of their hard work with this :) Not only were they a big part of the original fund raiser, but also in making sure that the proper moneys were delivered :) ,and most of all for the class that you both showed in handling this :)
I hope this wont discourage people from helping out next time :mad: Im a firm believer in, that if you do the right things for the right reasons that things will work out. :cool:
Again Thanks for all of your effort, and please feel free to call on me if theres ever another situation where someone may be in need :)
Jim Griffin(The Hater)

Hud
08-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks Jim!

Mrs. GoFast
08-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Thank You,
With out the Help of all of you that participated, we could not have done it.
Sandy :D