PDA

View Full Version : Paychex

Boozer
07-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I know a lot of you own business's so a lot of you have payroll. Do any of you use Paychex for your payroll or HR services?
A guy is trying to recruit me for them and is making some really BIG promises. Company car, Paid gas, A base that is higher then most peoples regular income and a commission structure that pays its people somewhere in the ball park of Doctor Pay.
I know nothing about this company and am wondering if any of you have had any experience with them. I am always weary when people make big promises to me because 9 times out of 10 they are bogus.
Thanks.

v-drive
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I can't go into detail but I believe they are not all that.
v-drive

572Daytona
07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
According to this they are the 2nd largest payroll company in the US:
http://www.hoovers.com/paychex/--ID__14388--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

plaster dave
07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
they are a company that has been around for a long time i use them for my payroll , so does my dad and 2 uncles all use it so maybe its a good move for you good luck.

dmontzsta
07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Well I dont own my own company, but pretty much do, just not officially. We used them for about 3 years, didnt really have any problems. They did however lose a couple of employees W2s and that turned in to a nightmare, we dont use them anymore, cause payroll is not that hard so might as well save some cash. :)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by 572Daytona
According to this they are the 2nd largest payroll company in the US:
http://www.hoovers.com/paychex/--ID__14388--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml
Thanks for that website that gave me a LOT of good info.
1.2 billion in sales revenue for 2004 and 303 million in profit. Those are some nice numbers. 18.4% annual growth.
Sounds like I would be silly if I didn't make an attempt to move forward with these guys.

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Thanks for that website that gave me a LOT of good info.
1.2 billion in sales revenue for 2004 and 303 million in profit. Those are some nice numbers. 18.4% annual growth.
Sounds like I would be silly if I didn't make an attempt to move forward with these guys.
Get me a job too:eek: :D ;)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Bre
If you have a solid sales background and a successful track record finding a job in this state shouldnt be a problem.
I put my resume on monster a couple weeks ago and seem to get 2-3 phone calls a day regarding it.

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
If you have a solid sales background and a successful track record finding a job in this state shouldnt be a problem.
I put my resume on monster a couple weeks ago and seem to get 2-3 phone calls a day regarding it.
Only time I did sales was back in highschool at Chicks Sporting Goods... then I worked for IN-N-Out and became a manager... then quit to stay home with the kids.... so I don't have too much of a job history. I am just a quick learner. It'll take some serious cash to get me to leave the kids with someone other than my family:frown:

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Good luck to you though. Put in a vacation notice with your current job..and check out the other;)

uclahater
07-26-2004, 08:45 PM
A good friend of mine works there and does very well:D

Boozer
07-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Bre
Good luck to you though. Put in a vacation notice with your current job..and check out the other;)
I put in a "permanent" vacation notice a few weeks ago.

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
A good friend of mine works there and does very well:D
Where?? Paychex??

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I put in a "permanent" vacation notice a few weeks ago.
I see:D

uclahater
07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bre
Where?? Paychex??
Yep:D Makes 6 figures plus

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bre
Hey ill give ya a job!;) :p

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
Yep:D Makes 6 figures plus
NIce:p There you go Boozer...... go for it:p

Bre
Originally posted by Jrocket
Hey ill give ya a job!;) :p
Doing what:eek:

Jrocket
Whats the worse that could happen...they fire ya.Go for it,take the job.....and thrash the car!:D

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Bre
Doing what:eek:
Well it involves a midget some peanut butter and a bull whip...oh and a camera.
Ill bail ya out of jail,I promise!

Boozer
07-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Whats the worse that could happen...they fire ya.Go for it,take the job.....and thrash the car!:D
I'll be nice to the car... But they did mention free gas. Free gas as in load up the truck and the boat JROCKET because I'm buying gas all weekend :)

XtrmWakeborder
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
I thought it was some ice cubes and a 9 iron.....

Jrocket
I'll be nice to the car... But they did mention free gas. Free gas as in load up the truck and the boat JROCKET because I'm buying gas all weekend :)
TAKE THE JOB!!!! truck takes diesel,boat takes unleaded.Pick ya up in an hour.

Bre
:eek: I knew I shouldn't have asked:eek:

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
Yeah...did 6 months for that last one but dam it was fun!

Bre
07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
:eek:
Time for me to get off of the computer:eek:

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Bre
:eek:
Time for me to get off of the computer:eek:
Wuss!

JB in so cal
07-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Boozer,
make EVERY effort to confirm that offer.
My wife worked there for about 7 years and although she had some good years, once you get there, they'll cut your territory, micro-manage you or something to get you to roll on down the road.
What city/area are they recruiting you for; she talks to some people still employed there.
JB

vodkarocks
07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Boozer
My wife has worked in that industry for 18 years with the only payroll processor that is bigger than Paychex. The only problem I see with being in sales for Paychex is they generally only sell to companies with under 100 employees, which means you need to sell a lot of deals to make good money. ADP has different divisions and most of the people that sell to the smaller companies and compete with Paychex try to get promoted to one of the other divisions that sell to larger companies. Not sure if this helps but I know Paychex has about a 40% turnover rate in sales.