PDA

View Full Version : Reading noise thread got me thinkin.

Danhercules
07-26-2004, 10:03 PM
I have a old school hot boat. Over transum headers, very loud. I do run water in em and baffels when I am in Laughlin cause I know they are cracking down.
I still see boats like mine in the channel and on Havasu, has any of them gotten tickets? I would think OT headers are louder than any other, just cause they are out there in the open, and easy to see. Are the more expensive newer hot boats gettin targeted?
What do you think?

Essex502
07-27-2004, 06:11 AM
You haven't yet but you will be ticketed. It's inevitable with the tree huggers running the states.

dmontzsta
07-27-2004, 06:14 AM
I dont see why they would. You run baffles and water that is what they require.

BADBLOWN572
07-27-2004, 06:54 AM
I know quite a few boats that have been hastled for noise with over the transom headers and baffles. Just depends on how loud it is. They are really looking for anything that looks fast/loud. They do not discriminate against new, old, fast, slow, etc... It is simply by if they think it is loud, you will get hastled.

Jordy
07-27-2004, 07:04 AM
That is one of the reasons I ditched my OT headers in favor of the TT's that sit in the water at idle. :D

Essex502
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
I dont see why they would. You run baffles and water that is what they require.
The laws in both AZ and CA require muffling devices at all times but also require that the noise emitted by a boat to be less than the particular laws allow. Just because water and baffles are used doesn't preempt the noise portion compliance.
Yes, it SUX!