PDA

View Full Version : So what does everyone do

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:20 PM
when your so stressed out your sick to your stomach and you cant sleep at nite? Seems lately I go to sleep right before my alarm goes off in the morning......:(

Big_Gunz_
07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Know the feeling, but tonight its backwards for me. Wifey came home from a real bad day at work, kind of took it out on me, and now shes sleeping and I'm here posting on HB.

dmontzsta
07-26-2004, 10:29 PM
alchohol seems to solve things for me.

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Then I'd be drunk and lose count of the sheep I was counting .....
;)

PlyaPlya22
07-26-2004, 10:33 PM
I thunk I'm drink;)

FMluvswater
07-26-2004, 10:34 PM
read, listen to music, sing, dance, post on the forums, play an addictive lil puter game or on-line game, write out what's on my mind to get it out of my head, talk to God (he never interrupts :) ), watch tv, drink water (I bet I've had almost 4 quarts of water today), give myself a manicure, cry (usually last resort for me) ... as soon as my head nods I go to bed and try to sleep again.
I'd suggest you do something that you know for a fact is something you usually enjoy doing even if you think you aren't in the mood to enjoy it right now. Just an idea. :)

Phat Matt
07-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
What he said, but use it to wash down a Vicodin. You'll relax and fall right to sleep. :)

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
read, listen to music, sing, dance, post on the forums, play an addictive lil puter game or on-line game, write out what's on my mind to get it out of my head, talk to God (he never interrupts :) ), watch tv, drink water (I bet I've had almost 4 quarts of water today), give myself a manicure, cry (usually last resort for me) ... as soon as my head nods I go to bed and try to sleep again.
I'd suggest you do something that you know for a fact is something you usually enjoy doing even if you think you aren't in the mood to enjoy it right now. Just an idea. :)
Thanks FM thats some great advice. Tried alot of the above..ran almost 2 miles last night and about killed myself...Im feeling it today.....damn I havent done that in a long time. :p If I could get up and do it again I probably would but they'd be burying me tommorow too. :rolleyes:

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 10:41 PM
FM does that mean you have given up the Caffeine??
Traci read a book, something that will bore the hell outta ya, or just go outside and stare at the night sky wondering whats really out there, or think of those perfect days on the lake just glass and runnin WFO!!! Wind in your hair, motor just screaming hull making that ever so slight slapping against the glass......You know what i mean ,, now get your butt to bed

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
What he said, but use it to wash down a Vicodin. You'll relax and fall right to sleep. :)
Nope, that just makes me stupid and type funny. :D

NorCal Gameshow
07-26-2004, 10:43 PM
get a punching bag to take it out on...
if your not already doing it,some sort of workout would help...(but not too late at night ;) )

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Matt you have a friend like Vic Odin? You are a lucky man to have that friend:D Mike VG

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MandMVG
or think of those perfect days on the lake just glass and runnin WFO!!! Wind in your hair, motor just screaming hull making that ever so slight slapping against the glass......You know what i mean ,, now get your butt to bed
Now that would keep me awake for DAYS. :D :D

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
get a punching bag to take it out on...
if your not already doing it,some sort of workout would help...(but not too late at night ;) )
yea its not too smart running at 11 at night, but the worst I encountered was a skunk. :rolleyes: :yuk: And the 4 legged kind too.

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Or you could go inner tubing:D , sorry cheap shot my bad, cute but still my bad:p

07-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Her454
when your so stressed out your sick to your stomach and you cant sleep at nite? Seems lately I go to sleep right before my alarm goes off in the morning......:( Go out to the shop and polish aluminum or whittle something out on the mill. I don't get much sleep but I do get caught up on some of my projects :D

07-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Nope, that just makes me stupid and type funny. :D LMAO:D

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 058
Go out to the shop and polish aluminum or whittle something out on the mill. I don't get much sleep but I do get caught up on some of my projects :D
thats a thought, I could go polish away on the engine and all the other little pain in the ass hard to reach places that I've been putting off....its so hot in the garage right now even the dog wont stay in there with me....LOL
Hmmmm, inner tube. Nice. :D

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 058
LMAO:D
Apparently you read a few of my "attempted Posts" after my surgery? :D

FMluvswater
07-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks FM thats some great advice. Tried alot of the above..ran almost 2 miles last night and about killed myself...Im feeling it today.....damn I havent done that in a long time. :p If I could get up and do it again I probably would but they'd be burying me tommorow too. :rolleyes:
You're welcome and strenuous excercise at bedtime (other than sex) is not a sleep inducer anyway so it's probably better that you can't run right now, lol ...
Mikey had some great ideas too! I'd also recommend reading an appliance manual (I've read all mine ... even the French versions :rolleyes: lol not that I retained much of any of it but those are boring for sure) :)

PlyaPlya22
07-26-2004, 10:55 PM
turn the TV on one of those foreign language channels (one that you don't understand) that will definitely put you to sleep. bbbbbbbbbb

07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Apparently you read a few of my "attempted Posts" after my surgery? :D Yeah....quite entertaining to say the least :eek: :D

Boozer
07-26-2004, 10:58 PM
I usually jerk off. Then I'm out like a baby. :D :p :D :p :D

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 10:59 PM
That would be BET for me i can't understand a darn thing thats said over there but my kids know the words to every song and have seen every video, Fo Shizzle??:D

Phat Matt
Matt you have a friend like Vic Odin? You are a lucky man to have that friend:D Mike VG
It's good to have Dr. friends! :D

Her454
I can definitly tell you whats on Satellite TV from about midnight to 4 am these days. And I refuse to watch TV land anymore, its aging me each time I watch it......:D

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I usually jerk off. Then I'm out like a baby. :D :p :D :p :D
Thats gotta make for some embarassing waking up moments

Her454
07-26-2004, 11:01 PM
ROTFLMAO...............:D

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
It's good to have Dr. friends! :D
I need some friends like that, you know, sometimes:)

FMluvswater
07-26-2004, 11:02 PM
FM does that mean you have given up the Caffeine??
Uhh no. I'm on a blood caffeine maintenace regimen. :D
It seems to act as a mood stabilizer for me. I once went without caffeine for two years (no chocolate, no coffee, no tea, no caffeinated soda pop) not only did this not improve my sleep difficulties but my mood swings were more extreme than they are now. Doubtful I'll ever give up coffee again. :)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Thats what the sock is for.

07-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
Uhh no. I'm on a blood caffeine maintenace regimen. :D
It seems to act as a mood stabilizer for me. I once went without caffeine for two years (no chocolate, no coffee, no tea, no caffeinated soda pop) not only did this not improve my sleep difficulties but my mood swings were more extreme than they are now. Doubtful I'll ever give up coffee again. :) Life is not worth living without coffee.

Her454
07-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 058
Life is not worth living without coffee.
I think I am the only person on the face of the earth that cannot stand the smell of coffee.......:( :(
Dont do the caffiene thing either, if I need a kickstart I grab a RedBull but thats just in the last year or so.
I'll need a case of it tomorrow.....:(

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Is that the sock doing the Car loan Commercials??? seems to stand up all on it's own

Her454
07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Ok guys and gals, thanks for the conversation but I am going to try again and see if I can get some sleep before the 4:30 alarm...hopefully you wont see me back here again tonite. :D

FMluvswater
07-26-2004, 11:09 PM
You could defrag your hard drive and watch it's progress! :D

07-26-2004, 11:09 PM
I think I am the only person on the face of the earth that cannot stand the smell of coffee.......:( :(
Dont do the caffiene thing either, if I need a kickstart I grab a RedBull but thats just in the last year or so.
I'll need a case of it tomorrow.....:( What did ya do before Redbull?

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Sweet Dream, you won't asleep long enough to have more than one , nite Traci

Ok guys and gals, thanks for the conversation but I am going to try again and see if I can get some sleep before the 4:30 alarm...hopefully you wont see me back here again tonite. :D G'nite Traci

FMluvswater
Goodnight Her454. Hope you fall asleep and stay asleep until your alarm goes on. :)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Is that the sock doing the Car loan Commercials??? seems to stand up all on it's own
Shhhhhhhhh........ They'd kill me if they knew the secret got out.

NorCal Gameshow
07-26-2004, 11:16 PM
sleep well...
http://milleniumsleepcentre.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sheep1.jpg

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Whats he, er uhh the sock going to do with all of the residuals from the commercials, you did ask for residuals right? Or Was it just a one off shoot :D , and they'll call ya when they need ya?

Larry Nebb
07-26-2004, 11:20 PM
when your so stressed out your sick to your stomach and you cant sleep at nite? Seems lately I go to sleep right before my alarm goes off in the morning......:(
about 5 bong rips. :cool:

Infomaniac
07-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Ok guys and gals, thanks for the conversation but I am going to try again and see if I can get some sleep before the 4:30 alarm...hopefully you wont see me back here again tonite. :D
You need someone to massage you to sleep.

jerry billet
07-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Like 058 says. Go to the garage and make something productive of your time. For me its usually 1am-5am. sleep till 6am and get up. I get some of my best ideas staring at parts at 3am.
Sometimes the neihbor(sp) would come over when she saw the lights on, but she moved.

HCS
07-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Larry Nebb
about 5 bong rips. :cool:
That usually will do it. Pull out the stash and roll a big fatty.
Puff a couple big hits, eat a bowl of Weaties, and out you go.:sleeping:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Everyone was thinking it but Boozer said it:D :D

07-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jerry billet
Like 058 says. Go to the garage and make something productive of your time. For me its usually 1am-5am. sleep till 6am and get up. I get some of my best ideas staring at parts at 3am.
Sometimes the neihbor(sp) would come over when she saw the lights on, but she moved. Jerry, Is this the SAME neighbor I'm thinkin' of??:D :D :D :wink:

Freak
07-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. It could be out of wack.

Her454
07-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Checking in to let you know I've only had to have 1 RedBull so far...finally got to sleep at about 1:30 and only hit the snooze once.
Infomaniac - Good Idea, you may be on to something.
058- Uh..I never needed a kickstart until the last year, must be age creepin up...;
Larry Nebb - I'd get paranoid and then sleep till next month.

07-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Checking in to let you know I've only had to have 1 RedBull so far...finally got to sleep at about 1:30 and only hit the snooze once.
Infomaniac - Good Idea, you may be on to something.
058- Uh..I never needed a kickstart until the last year, must be age creepin up...;
Larry Nebb - I'd get paranoid and then sleep till next month. 1:30 isn't too bad....I would just be getting started in the shop at that time and so would the neighbors....complaining about the air compressor running.....Damn, they make alot of noise at 1:30 in the morning:D

JustMVG
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Freak
Go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. It could be out of wack.
you know he has a point there, my wife was having all sorts of problems, too much energy then absolutely none, she went to the doc and had some tests run, and it was her thyroid, so shes got some meds that have helped her she's only 34 so it can happen at any age , might want to check into it Traci. Glad you got some sleep. Mike VG

Her454
07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
you know he has a point there, my wife was having all sorts of problems, too much energy then absolutely none, she went to the doc and had some tests run, and it was her thyroid, so shes got some meds that have helped her she's only 34 so it can happen at any age , might want to check into it Traci. Glad you got some sleep. Mike VG
Thanks Mike but I think its just my job. Im pretty energetic for "my age" ;) but lately I have none and the job stuff just wears you down after a while.
Thanks, you guys are great!

JustMVG
07-27-2004, 12:19 PM
sorry to hear that it's the job, i learned a long time ago the job is left at the door , when i left work it stayed there even though my wife and worked at the same place, we didn't discuss work very often, shes Union and i am Company, but i got the job thru the union and was then offered a Co. position, try to leave the job there is all i'm sayin' Take care hope you feel better and tonight should be a better night . Mike