PDA

View Full Version : A question for cat owners.

KingCole
07-27-2004, 07:07 AM
Do any of you pull wakeboarders, skiers, or 'tubes behind your boats? If so, which boat do you have, and how does it do. Thanks!

TOBTEK
07-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by KingCole
Do any of you pull wakeboarders, skiers, or 'tubes behind your boats? If so, which boat do you have, and how does it do. Thanks!
yes to all questions asked.....we have a DCB MACH22 with a outboard. Great ski boat..no wake at all. Great for tubing, Good for wakeboarding.....as long as you dont want a wake. What are you looking to get?

KingCole
07-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
yes to all questions asked.....we have a DCB MACH22 with a outboard. Great ski boat..no wake at all. Great for tubing, Good for wakeboarding.....as long as you dont want a wake. What are you looking to get?
I have a buddy that will sell me his Mach26, but I'm considering a deck boat too, maybe a Conquest.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2004, 08:39 AM
ah... no.. but thats why I'm tryin to talk the hubby into a small jet boat.. so he can pull me and the kids.. ;) :D
we can't get the nose down enough to pull the kids safely.. ;)

Jrocket
07-27-2004, 08:46 AM
I have a buddy that will sell me his Mach26, but I'm considering a deck boat too, maybe a Conquest.
What Mach26 does he have,Ill sell you mine also.Ill even throw in the trailer with the deal.

prosthogod
07-27-2004, 10:44 AM
I've towed tubes ,wake boarders, skiers. It will keep a plane down to ~17-18 mph. 496HO is plenty to get out of the hole. Oh ya, it will still do 70mph when needed.

KingCole
07-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
What Mach26 does he have,Ill sell you mine also.Ill even throw in the trailer with the deal.
His has the HP500. He said he would throw in the trailer too, and a spare!!

Jrocket
07-27-2004, 12:02 PM
His has the HP500. He said he would throw in the trailer too, and a spare!!
Hard to beat that....what year is the boat?

TOBTEK
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Hard to beat that....what year is the boat?
YEAH...WHAT YEAR IS IT? Do you have his number for me.. I NEEDD to buy a MACH26, but have found that the used owners want as much used as they are new...;) :D :) hehehehe

Jrocket
07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
YEAH...WHAT YEAR IS IT? Do you have his number for me.. I NEEDD to buy a MACH26, but have found that the used owners want as much used as they are new...;) :D :) hehehehe
You obviously havent got a price on what my boat would be new then have ya!:D

TOBTEK
07-27-2004, 01:14 PM
You obviously havent got a price on what my boat would be new then have ya!:D
sure I do......just know what I can get a new 2005 with a 525 and the new gell design Charlie will probably rip off again...:rolleyes: :D ......Just F---ing with ya "J".....

DogHouse
07-27-2004, 01:34 PM
A cat will do fine as long as the X dimension isn't too high and you use a low pitch prop. When they're setup for big top end, then they don't like to stay on plane at wakeboarding speed. Trim tabs should help too.

NorCalCat
07-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Yes to all. I have a Force Offshore 29'. Just recently started pulling skiers. It works out very good, it is the fastes plaining cat. This way you don't have to slam the stick and worry about the drive holding together. I skied behind it for the first time yesterday, and I was very impressed.