PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Nor Cal Lake (Sac area)!

CAHotRodBoy
04-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Selling my boat to a buyer from seattle. We were going to meetin in Reno and splash the boat in Tahoe but it's snowing there!
Looking for a good spot near Sac that we can run the boat for an hour or so. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

mach1alaska
04-07-2006, 04:53 AM
If you are going to meet in reno just go to lahonton it is full right now and a lot warmer than tahoe.If you have a nevada map you will find it east of reno south of fernley. You want to avoid california while towing a boat, the speed limit is 55 while towing any trailer when I went to pickup my shovelnose I got a ticket for going 60 in a 65 zone but since I was towing a boat I was speeding :yuk:
Kevin

Dribble
04-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Folsom Lake is 5 mph right now because of the high water and all the debris. I know Lake Oroville is good because some friends were fishing there last weekend. If that's too far, check with the Sacramento County Parks Department and see if the ramp at Discovey Park or Miller Park are open (they should be) and launch on the Sacramento River.

T-Bag'n
04-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Sac river is VERY high right know and Discovery park is under water.....

NorCalCat
04-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Sac river is VERY high right know and Discovery park is under water.....
Under water? No kidding?

abraman1326
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah. They are draining the resivoirs to be ready for run off of the snow pack and everything in the river system is really full right now, and I imagine running pretty fast. We've had flood warnings b/c of this in the southern portion of the sac valley. I know Berryessa is full. This is another subject, but we have quite a bit of water in our system right now. So full they have shut down the free launch at capell cove b/c of high water and debrit in the water...
BRA

bilgewiper
04-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Discovery Park goes underwater regularly during the winter. This picture isn't current but its of Discovery launch ramp at about 3' less water than there is there now. Water is running approx. 20' higher now than during the summer
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8245-21-05_006-med.jpg
This was taken 2 days ago of the parking lot at the now sunken Sushi Resturant (River View Marina) about 1 mile upstream of Discovery
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8244-5-06_005_Small_.jpg
Another shot at same place showing the roof of the resturant just showing. It's 3 stories tall built on a floating barge.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8244-5-06_006_Small_.jpg

mach1alaska
04-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Another real easy place to put a boat in around reno is Washoe lake, just south of reno on hwy 395 this year it should be full.

hot4teacher
04-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Don't go to the Sacramento river until the water recedes. I was at Miller Park and the water is almost to the parking lot, no slope to laungh the boat, and lots of floating trees. I was at Folsom lake today neer "dike 8" and the damn. No debris on that part of the lake.

Propster
04-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Lake Oroville and the Oroville Forebays are within an hour of Sac up by Chico. Lake Oroville is the second largest lake in Cali (after Shasta). The forebays (holding reservoirs near the lake) are about 3 miles long.

CAHotRodBoy
04-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks, everyone.
Ended up going to Lake Lahonton near Fallon, NV and did the deal. Now I'm boatless again! :frown: Very sad to let my beautiful, brand new boat go. Like breaking up with a great girl.
Oh well, now I am looking for a smaller (20 - 23 ) older, cheaper ($10K - $15K) lake boat. Anybody have anything interesting for sale?

John.
04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't go to the Sacramento river until the water recedes. I was at Miller Park and the water is almost to the parking lot, no slope to laungh the boat, and lots of floating trees. I was at Folsom lake today neer "dike 8" and the damn. No debris on that part of the lake.
I went out on Folsom lake at dyke 8 (now knows as Folsom Point) and there was slittle to no debis. I hear it is over near the Granite Bay area. We cruised around for about 45 minutes to just get the new boat in the water and wet. Saw the Rangers when we launched and they didn't say anything later about us cruising around at 50 mph.
If you go to Folsom, just be safe and watch out for trees, propane tanks, washers and dryers and such.
:220v:

abraman1326
04-10-2006, 09:05 AM
DAmn, so you got it. Nice looking ride you have there. I liked everything about it when I read the spread in Hot Boat. Congrats...
BRA

John.
04-10-2006, 05:00 PM
DAmn, so you got it. Nice looking ride you have there. I liked everything about it when I read the spread in Hot Boat. Congrats...
BRA
Thanks!

acatitude
04-10-2006, 07:42 PM
looks great ultra, I will have to join you and greg at folsom when he gets his. you should also plan coming to berryessa weekend of may 20 and the cat attack at shasta fathers day weekend. your ride looks great what kind of power you running in there??

ELIMINAT THIS
04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
looks great ultra, I will have to join you and greg at folsom when he gets his. you should also plan coming to berryessa weekend of may 20 and the cat attack at shasta fathers day weekend. your ride looks great what kind of power you running in there??
Ken,I have been told it has a real big motor and goes real fast. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

acatitude
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Ken,I have been told it has a real big motor and goes real fast. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)
thats what they all say................. we will see wont we :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe. rumor has it its 1000 hp. that makes us even, great looking boat John, cant wait to see it.
hell elim Ill let him start with my grocery getter and then send him up to you big dogs

ELIMINAT THIS
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
thats what they all say................. we will see wont we :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe. rumor has it its 1000 hp. that makes us even, great looking boat John, cant wait to see it.
hell elim Ill let him start with my grocery getter and then send him up to you big dogs
No big dog here,im like the SLOW man on the totem pole with the boats we hang with. :cry:

John.
04-11-2006, 03:00 PM
We will hit Berryessa a couple times this year. We will definitely be there on Labor Day weekend.
What's happening on the May 20th weekend?

John.
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
All I know is that the salesman says it goes 60 mph. And it gets there fairly quickly. :cool:

acatitude
04-11-2006, 04:48 PM
All I know is that the salesman says it goes 60 mph. And it gets there fairly quickly. :cool:
be careful how fast you come out of the hole with it, or you will find out how pricy drives are.
MOst everyone in the norcal area will be at berryessa on may 20th. youd have a great time and meet all the peeps that weekend. I know everyone would love to see your new ride john. hopefully gregs will be here also by then.

John.
04-11-2006, 05:39 PM
be careful how fast you come out of the hole with it, or you will find out how pricy drives are.
MOst everyone in the norcal area will be at berryessa on may 20th. youd have a great time and meet all the peeps that weekend. I know everyone would love to see your new ride john. hopefully gregs will be here also by then.
I'm sure that Greg will want to announce it, but since he is talking a lot of smack I will spill the beans. He may get his boat at the end of this week or early next week.
My sister in-law is getting married on the 20th, but the 21st is a definite option. Wife is off that day and wants to go boating. Folsom may still have it's 5mph limit so Berryessa is sounding like a good idea. Do you hang over in the party area at the bridge?

hot4teacher
04-11-2006, 07:58 PM
We will probably be there on the 21st for a day trip under the bridge.

John.
04-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Okay, I talked to the wife tonight and we're in for going to Berryessa on the 21st. Hopefully we'll find you all over by the bridge. I will try and get Greg and his new Eliminator to come as well.

acatitude
04-11-2006, 08:52 PM
John everyone is staying at steele park or spanish flats. you will find the group should be all over the lake and at the bridge. yea thats what greg told me today if all goes well with his trial run . looking forward to seeing that beauty, from the side not the back. lol.

acatitude
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
when it gets closer ill find out what time youll be there and launching from and come meet ya, but im sure we will get together at folsom or the delta before then . did you get my pm

John.
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
yeah, I got your PM. Thanks! now we need some sunny weather to go for a run on the lake.
I don't remember the name of the place that we usually launch, but we drive through Davis and then Winter and it's the first place to launch from to get on the lake on that side. I think it's on highway 128. only been there 3 times and never really payed attention since I was following someone else.

John.
04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I honestly have no clue what it's called. There is a little general store there to get food and ice and pay to go through a gate to launch the boat. right after you get out of the marina, you pass a little dam and then off to the races.

acatitude
04-12-2006, 07:59 PM
that sounds like markley cove. i used to stay at pleasure cove before they closed it down. now i have to drive around the damn lake to steele park. we will get together and run that bad boy

john
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
i mite be late but what about camp far west lake up by wheatland north of lincoln ca they have a 1/4 mile cove and a long strech to get up to speed in don't know the cond of the water thought