PDA

View Full Version : !@_$(*& Poison Ivy!!!!

rrrr
07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Our lake house has a nice view out the front windows of the lake, but the guy across the street has let the crap along his fenceline grow like eight feet tall.
So the last two weekends me and my guys have been clearing it out, ended up with around ten pickup loads of stuff we dumped at the back of my property. Sunday I rented a chipper and we reduced the junk to a nice pile of mulch. Uh, there was just a little bit of poison ivy in the stuff we cut down.
Unfortunately, me, the poison ivy sissy, has developed a systemic reaction to the exposure and I'm effing covered with the stuff. I went to the doctor today and got a methylprednisalone "dose pak", a steriod deal that will knock it down in a few days.
CRAP!!! I'm itching like crazy and I'm pizzed because I didn't even expose myself that much. Once it enters your bloodstream it happily deposits toxins all over your body and the misery commences.
Grrrrr!!! :mad: :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2004, 08:17 PM
ouch.. sorry.. but try not to scratch.
I know it's easier said then done.. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
07-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Hmmmm....
My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.

j-rod
07-27-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm just getting over oak myself, my balls are like elephant-titalist:eek:

rrrr
07-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Hmmmm....
Already pursuing that course of treatment. If it doesn't help, I have two large 6 volt batteries I will use to apply high amperage current to the affected areas.

Havasu Hangin'
07-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Already pursuing that couse of treatment. If it doesn't help, I have two large 6 volt batteries I will use to apply high amperage current to the affected areas.
It won't stop itching, but you won't mind so much.
Forget about the 6-volts (unless you are going golfing)....two 12 volts will work better.
:cool:

j-rod
07-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Caladryl Clear is the key !!:wink:

rrrr
07-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Forget about the 6-volts (unless you are going golfing)....two 12 volts will work better.
:cool:
What makes you an expert? :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-27-2004, 08:31 PM
What makes you an expert? :D :D
I have a big boat and an air-conditioned office. :p

Boozer
07-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Hmmmm....
Make sure to take the steroids before drinking. Nothing like working the sh*t out of your liver with steroids and then washing it all down with some alcohol to take your already being over worked liver and make it work just a little more.

rrrr
07-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Make sure to take the steroids before drinking. Nothing like working the sh*t out of your liver with steroids and then washing it all down with some alcohol to take your already being over worked liver and make it work just a little more.
No worries, Boozer. I had a carbon fiber/kevlar microfilter liver installed years ago. It can handle anything.

Daytona19
07-28-2004, 02:02 AM
You can also use ZANFEL which can be bought at most drug stores over the counter. You can use this with what the doctor gave you too. It really worked for me, no itch in a few minutes and after a few applications it was gone. Good Luck.
Clint

Daytona19
07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Web site for you. http://www.poisonivytreatment.com/

RiverOtter
07-28-2004, 04:52 AM
Benadryl orally and topically.

JetBoatRich
07-28-2004, 04:57 AM
No worries, Boozer. I had a carbon fiber/kevlar microfilter liver installed years ago. It can handle anything.
LOL:eek:

Flyinbowtie
07-28-2004, 05:54 AM
The Sierra Foothills are covered with Poison Oak. The one over the counter treatment that really does work for us is called TechNu. Longs Drugstore carrys it. Use it before exposure if you know you are going to be in it, and after exposure if you don't.
The stuff really works...

rrrr
07-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Daytona19
You can also use ZANFEL which can be bought at most drug stores over the counter. You can use this with what the doctor gave you too. It really worked for me, no itch in a few minutes and after a few applications it was gone. Good Luck.
Clint
Started on my second tube this morning. It does work, I just keep getting more new places that are affected.
G#*@ S(*^% costs $40 for a SIX ounce tube. :eek: :eek!:

RiverOtter
07-28-2004, 06:03 AM
If you know you've been exposed to Poison Ivy, take a very hot (hot as you can stand it) shower and was with Dawn dishwashing det. Poison Ivy is oil based and the Dawn will help wash it away.

Sooner Jake
07-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Try Aveeno. (sp?) I usually have to go straight to th Dr. as it spreads so fast. This was the first over the counter product that had worked. It will at least kill the itch while thew dosage pack works.