PDA

View Full Version : 04 stroke lift and exhaust

jet4fun
07-28-2004, 12:47 AM
i just bought a brand new powerstroke 4x4, i purposely didnt get any kind of suspension package because the first plan is to lift it...
just wondering if anyone has any input as to who makes the best lift and exhaust system for it...'
i am thinking at least 12" lift on 38's with 17 or 18's, and i would like to do a 4" straight pipe from the turbo back, exiting in front of the rear passenger wheel with a 5" tip
any inputs, or reccomendations as to where to go to get this done would be greatly appreciated

Jrocket
07-28-2004, 05:18 AM
Donahoe racing is the best lift and DPPI is the best exhaust.Do the full turbo back.I wouldnt stop it before the front wheel though,too loud and leaves residue all over the wheel.Turbo back with the cat delete pipe.3.5in down pipe,then 4in all the way back is what the kits are.

Havasubum
07-28-2004, 09:30 AM
i also agree with jrrocket donohue makes a great kit. they have the 12.5 inch lift which is what you are looking for

jackpunx
07-28-2004, 09:56 AM
I have the Donahoe edge 6" with 17" rims and 37" PJ's
I ran B&B full exhust 4" to 5" tip.. Added an Air box, Grill and rear lights (for backing the boat up/tailgaters) and a quadzilla unit.. It will burn the 37 ..
I love it.. :D

riverbound
07-28-2004, 10:17 AM
I have the Fabtech 6" w' 35s and bilstein shocks (make sure to spend the money and get good shocks)
For exhaust I have the MBRP turbo back all stainless steel exhaust. 4" w/ a 5" tip
This pic was before the exhaust.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/681f-350-med.jpg

jackpunx
07-28-2004, 11:22 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Exahust_picmy_truck-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Mytruckdoneat_shop-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431truck_done_at_my_house_1-med.jpg
I took it to Super duty headquarters in AZ to get the work done..
they did everything for 6100.00:D

jet4fun
07-28-2004, 05:12 PM
thanks for the input guys, i also forgot to mention that i do not want to do anything to the truck that voids the warranty (at least for the first year or so) do any of you know how far they will let you go with power mods and lift before they start giving you a hard time with possible warranty issues...
a friend of mine got a 6 inch lift from a shop in nor cal that the dealer said if they did the work it would not void his warranty, he said they told him they would let him go to 12" i am trying to find out more
jackpunx, you went all the way to AZ to get the work done? dont you live in glendale?
anyone got contact info for donahoe or any of these other companies they suggested, maybe a website
sorry for the blabber, i just want to do it right, i appreciate

BIGAMIST
07-28-2004, 06:34 PM
F U C K your truck.............where's your god damn boat........did you get a job?:D

Jrocket
07-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by jet4fun
thanks for the input guys, i also forgot to mention that i do not want to do anything to the truck that voids the warranty (at least for the first year or so) do any of you know how far they will let you go with power mods and lift before they start giving you a hard time with possible warranty issues...
Cat back exhaust shouldnt be a problem.Turbo back might be,ask the service manager where you bought the truck first.
Any power programmers are a definate no no.Dont even take it in for an oil change with one in there,your busted.
Intakes....better ask your service guy on this one also.
Lift kits same thing..Every dealership has a different attitude on what you can do and cant do.Make sure he knows exactly what you want to do and tell him that you bought the truck from there and want to keep your buisness with him.

83Dana454
07-29-2004, 07:34 PM
I have a 8 inch donahoe racing lift with fox res shocks. I have been very happy with the lift, cost alot more then a procomp, superlift, etc....but you get what you pay for. Tires are 36/14.50/16 PJs. With a 12in lift I think that 38s would look too small. My 8in lift actually lifted the truck 10inches in the front plus another 2 inches for the tires.

jackpunx
07-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by jet4fun
a friend of mine got a 6 inch lift from a shop in nor cal that the dealer said if they did the work it would not void his warranty, he said they told him they would let him go to 12" i am trying to find out more
jackpunx, you went all the way to AZ to get the work done? dont you live in glendale?
anyone got contact info for donahoe or any of these other companies they suggested, maybe a website
sorry for the blabber, i just want to do it right, i appreciate
Yep.. dove out there.. they specialize in Ford S/D.. .. and they gave me the best deal and best customer service.. and I needed to get to the river.. so I thought I would take the long way..lol
as far as the power.. its a modual.. it plugs right into the computer.. you take it out when you go in for work.. I have had not problems.. and the truck haullllllls the mail.. and rides great.. any more then 6" its going to get bouncy..
If I were you and going with a 12" lift.. I would run 40"s.. but now you might be thinkging about gears too.. thats why I stoped where Im at.. I may go bigger when these tires run out of rubber.. but I would re think the stock gears.. It seems to have plenty of power now..:D

fourspeednup
08-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Don't do short, sewerpipe exhaust...it'll sound like crap. 3-4" all the way back with a resonator type muffler will sound bitchen. If you hate it and need more noise, any good muffler shop will be able to chop and reroute some pipe:cool:
Those donahoe lifts seem to be King-shit right now for out of the box kits. If you wanted something better you'd have to go the custom fabbed route $$$:cool:

jet4fun
08-05-2004, 08:28 AM
well, after making a few calls it seems that the dealer is only gonna allow 8 inches, so i think i have decided on the donahoe kit. a little smaller than i wanted but supposedly it will clear 38's no problem...
as far as the computer programmer thing its a no, no... i am hearing that if i were to get a plug in kit like the edge or quadzilla and just unplug it before i go to the dealer they will have no idea it was installed, is this true? if so i am gonna get one
b.t.w. where is a good place someone can reccomend me to in the S.F.V. area, within reason, sorry jackpunx but AZ is a little too far right now

Jrocket
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Theres a guy on these boards by the name of FasTimmy.hes the man to ask questions about the Donahoe kit.Mines awesome.

NorCalCat
08-05-2004, 09:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Exahust_picmy_truck-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Mytruckdoneat_shop-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431truck_done_at_my_house_1-med.jpg
I took it to Super duty headquarters in AZ to get the work done..
they did everything for 6100.00:D
Jackpunx,
Bitch'n ride. I am looking at the Ford F250, F350 & GM HD2500 w/Alison. I am towing about 10,000 lbs. Any suggestions. Your rig is exactly what I ma leaning towards. If I plan on lifting it, should I not spend the $$$ on the suspention w/Ford??? What kind of lift do you have on it? How does it tow?

jackpunx
08-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Jackpunx,
Bitch'n ride. I am looking at the Ford F250, F350 & GM HD2500 w/Alison. I am towing about 10,000 lbs. Any suggestions. Your rig is exactly what I ma leaning towards. If I plan on lifting it, should I not spend the $$$ on the suspention w/Ford??? What kind of lift do you have on it? How does it tow?
Nocalcat,
I have only really towed my boat with it. Its about 5k or so with trailer.. It tows way better then my older GMC with same lift 6" with 35"s but i had to have gears and still never got as much power..
I have the donahoe edge 6" with 37"S Perrelli Jones and 17" rims.. No Gears.. I just added the quadzilla, exahst and intake.. It runs like a raped ape!.. the quadzilla can be unplugged and undetected by the dealer ship.. It gives you 3 settings. I tow on the 70hp setting to keep the ETG's down.. I took it to AZ to get it done.. it was worth it for me.. PM if you want more details..
Mark