PDA

View Full Version : 1979 sanger rare picklefork hydro (jet) 4 sale

mouzer
07-28-2004, 08:17 PM
19 ft sanger p/f hydro polished berkley pump,jetavater,paint ok needs interior/seats 4,new gages,new wire harness,tandom trailer,all hardware for bbc.less motor,$2800 firm. i will post pictures asap,located in corona ca.pm me for my # if interested now.

MarKist
07-29-2004, 06:47 AM
hell ya !let's see it . how heavy is it ?A buddy has a one and its a awsome riding boat and way fast!!
MarKist

AngryJosh
07-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Can you post a picture please

HavasuDreamin'
07-29-2004, 07:08 AM
What makes the boat rare? There are lots of Sanger jet hydro's around.

MarKist
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Dragboats, to be honest ,to me 80mph on the lake is fast ,so when I say" way fast" anything faster than that,to me is way fast , and one more note, his is not a sanger ,its a eliminator pickle fork,with a blown BBC,Dominator pump!and thanks for the heads up on the sanger!!
MarKist

HavasuDreamin'
07-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by MarKist
and one more note, his is not a sanger ,its a eliminator pickle fork
MarKist
Just an FYI.........the Eliminator is a "tunnel" which works well with a jet pump set up and the Sanger is a "hydro" which does not work well with a jet pump. This is what dragboats was referring to.
HD

sanger rat
07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
OK, So how fast is too fast in a Sanger hydro jet? Somebody let me know before I get there. Its a nice ride so far.

mouzer
07-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
What makes the boat rare? There are lots of Sanger jet hydro's around. not acording to sanger there only a handfull still around and they didn'nt make that many.i know a guy who has one with a mild blown bbc,and he loves it it runs low 90s,seats 4 and still looks bitchen in the water,i myself would not want to top 100 in one unless it was a v-drive.i got this cause i sold my hydro (v-drive) and wanted something to seat 4 and i love the look of the hydro.now i found a 4 seater flat i want so im selling the jet hydro,this hull will still outrun a 18 ft standard jet with the same motor in them.

mouzer
07-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Dragboats
Markist, Just out of interest- how fast is way fast. I was in process
of buying one of these boats, a 1979 Sanger. I did a ton of research including talking to a gentleman that owns a Hydroplane restoration shop in Arizona I got the number from Sanger over the phone. Several companies made this type of boat in the 70's maybe early 80's and out of all the people I talked to- they said stay as far away from these boats as possible unless you just want a 55/60 mile per hour lake showboat. I have been told when you put a fair amount of power behind these boats they get VERY dangerous!!! The principal behind a boat like this is the prop lifts the back end up and pushes down on the sponsons (walking) the jet pulls the back down into the water and raise's the front..... This is not the way the boat is designed to work causing a potential hazard to driver and occupants. I am only going by many experts opinions and decided not to buy one and I truly loved the Sanger. I was going to buy it and it was hard to walk away because as I said I really liked the boat though new I wanted to go fast and safe. David Bostrom owner of GT boats in Fairfield was one of the experts that said stay away, I have known David for many years- he was a very competitive racer is his day and knows these and other jet boats as good as anyone.
Just thought I would point this out so people do their homework before taking on a boat like this and find out its not safe at high speed. Blah Blah Blah its gettig deep.

sanger mike
07-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I DONT KNOW ABOUT RARE, BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT.:) FOR SOME ONE TO GET INTO BOATING.

Jeanyus
07-30-2004, 05:24 AM
I would like to see the pictures RZ

superdave013
07-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by mouzer
now i found a 4 seater flat i want so im selling the jet hydro,this hull will still outrun a 18 ft standard jet with the same motor in them.
No way, jets rule! :D

sanger rat
07-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Here are some pics of my 77 sanger picklefork hydro. http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1032

mouzer
07-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Dragboats
I got your DEEP right here.................. (im sure its very small ha ha)the sanger jet was design for a jet it has a v hull down the middle with a large fin(scag) in the middle it rides on the v just like a normal jet boat,its hydro look is really just for looks its pretty much like a tunnel hull jet.it was not designed to lift in the back like the v-drive,you were right about it was'nt designed to run high speeds but its a fun 80+ mph boat and it looks awsome in the water and makes a good fast ski boat. i dont have a didital camera so my neighbor is going to take some pics saturday morning,e mail them to me. ican forward them to someone who could put them on this thread for me.i mean look at the photos its def,wourth the money.if not im sure you will be the first to pick it apart on me,Dragboats pm me your e mail and i will send you the photos first,no hard feelings you just put a damper on me trying to sell it on line.thanks i guess........... mike

mouzer
07-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sanger rat
Here are some pics of my 77 sanger picklefork hydro. http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1032 Sanger rat that is nice,makes me not want to sale mine,but i just sold the motor last night.how do you like yours,pro's and cons' please. i have a lot of pm's but someone sayed you should stay away from them.thanks,........mouzer

mouzer
07-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by sanger mike
I DONT KNOW ABOUT RARE, BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT.:) FOR SOME ONE TO GET INTO BOATING. Thanks sanger mike,should have picture up by noon sat i hope.maybe icould forward them to BIGPROPPA he can put them up on this thread for me............cant we all just get along'

sanger rat
07-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Well I'm happy with my hydro. Rides really smooth. Its not very fast right now. 65-70 I'm guessing. I got some plans for a few upgrades and then we'll see what happens.

Jeanyus
07-31-2004, 06:02 AM
Here are some pics of the sanger that is for sale.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859sanger2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859sanger.jpg
Nice looking boat and a bargain aswell.
RZ

roostwear
07-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by mouzer
19 ft sanger p/f hydro polished berkley pump,jetavater,paint ok needs interior/seats 4,new gages,new wire harness,tandom trailer,all hardware for bbc.less motor,$2800 firm. i will post pictures asap,located in corona ca.pm me for my # if interested now.
What's the REAL price? You have it listed in the recycler for $2500

mouzer
07-31-2004, 08:26 AM
$2800 w/wing $2500 firm w/out........i know you dont put a wing on a jet boat.i saw one on a elim,daytona jet at a car show and loved it.oh well .

mouzer
07-31-2004, 08:31 AM
THANKS RON Z........FOR THE PICS..............mike

mouzer
07-31-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Jeanyus
Here are some pics of the sanger that is for sale.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859sanger2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859sanger.jpg
Nice looking boat and a bargain aswell.
RZ I have the 2 fiberglass buckets shells for the front,and a new wood bench for the back that im resining today.and i have all the paper work clean title.and 4 new tires.

mouzer
07-31-2004, 06:09 PM
anyone interested pm me

PimpJuice
07-31-2004, 08:39 PM
can you please call me about the boat please at 1-925-595-0397 thanks

mouzer
07-31-2004, 09:39 PM
I get a hold of you sunday..................mike

sanger rat
07-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Nice boat. I think you are giving it away for 2800. Still don't know why everybody thinks this hull is so bad. I would like to hear from someone that has run one at say 90+.

Jeanyus
08-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Mike
No problem on the pics.

mouzer
08-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by sanger rat
Nice boat. I think you are giving it away for 2800. Still don't know why everybody thinks this hull is so bad. I would like to hear from someone that has run one at say 90+. well if i dont sell it i might trade it for a running 18 jet so i can take the kids skiing.someone i know has a 18 challenger low profile jet 460 ford berkley pump,interior is shot but its river ready he wants $3000 obo.but he loves my haul he wants to trade.i will give it a few more days.to sell.

Bob Hostetter
08-01-2004, 07:33 PM
What city are you in? Or what city is the boat in?

mouzer
08-01-2004, 08:08 PM
the boat is garaged at my home in corona ca. riight between riverside and orange county,

mouzer
08-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Drag Boats, you were not all wrong,there not made to hit big #s but they really do make a fun awsome looking fast little ski boat,if you put the deverter down to drop the nose and lift the tail and your running some heavy ponies you could be in a world of hurt.thats a fact.like i said my buddys runs low 90's,no diverter set wedge.mini droop,ride plate,and he says its really safe and smooth.any way ive had few inquires,but they said you kinda scared them away.lets settle this,(this way)were both basicaly right sooooooooo! if your interested in the hydro and your motor is a big blown big block dont buy it,it could be hazardous to your health,if your motor is a mild 375 to 550 hsp it would make a bitchen fast ski boat.so buy it,look cool get chicks shoot a big rooster tail down the river while running a safe 75mph.and i will take the wing off...Dragboat hows that!(boat safe).......mouzer(mike)

sanger rat
08-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Any of you guys that was thinking of buying this boat. Just do it. You will thank yourself later. Mine rides so sweet. Just like driving a Cadillac down the highway. Really nice in choppy water too. If you all have any Q's just ask me. Toynova@aol.com

RoostKing
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Although I am currently saving up some cash, i know what type of boat im buying... That looks sweet and I wont be running the big HP anyway. New to this dontcha know..
RoostkIng

mouzer
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD.........it just left the driveway......thanks for the heads up............mouzer

fourspeednup
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for hooking it up mouzer, about 15 min into the drive we hit a bump and the boat bouced a little. Saw two glimmers of light in the rearview.....turns out we lost BOTH fuel filler caps:mad:
Oh well, live and learn I suppose. But seriously, huge thanks for raiding the garage and making sure I had every part I needed to drop a motor and go:) Gotta be honest, when I first saw that empty bilge and stripped interior I was a little intimidated but now that she's sittin purdy in the garage all is good:cool:

copperrat20
08-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Fourspeednup, congrats on your new boat! My 76 jet hydro just got shot with it's red basecoat yesterday morning and is going in for graphics and clear today. Paint should be completely finished in another two to three weeks. If you need any parts or have any questions on anything shoot me a pm. It's taken me 5 months to restore mine. And that was replacing floor, bulkhead, fliping it, capping it, painting it, building an engine, and interior. You'll have fun with it.

mouzer
08-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for hooking it up mouzer, about 15 min into the drive we hit a bump and the boat bouced a little. Saw two glimmers of light in the rearview.....turns out we lost BOTH fuel filler caps:mad:
Oh well, live and learn I suppose. But seriously, huge thanks for raiding the garage and making sure I had every part I needed to drop a motor and go:) Gotta be honest, when I first saw that empty bilge and stripped interior I was a little intimidated but now that she's sittin purdy in the garage all is good:cool:i new we should have taken the gages and the caps back off dam it!cause i lifted one up and said there just sitting there,i will make a call and hook you up with some cap asap. :mad: :mad: :mad:

roln 20s
08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh well, live and learn I suppose. But seriously, huge thanks for raiding the garage and making sure I had every part I needed to drop a motor and go:) Gotta be honest, when I first saw that empty bilge and stripped interior I was a little intimidated but now that she's sittin purdy in the garage all is good:cool:
Zack- you're the man. Congrats. Sorry its taken me a couple days to get back to you--computer took a dump, stupid technology. Thats so awesome. Can't wait to see that bad boy at the river. Your sanger, my Howard, I see a lot of Topack runs next year :D
Call me when you are heading back to PHX- we'll hit up the lake. You bringing the boat down?
Roln 20s

Jordy
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Zack, depending on what you're looking for fuel filler wise, I've got my old flip top ones that came off my yellow boat when I went to the flush mount. Don't know what's on there or what you're looking for, just thought I would mention it. :D

fourspeednup
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Mouzer that'd be sweet if you could hook it up, but if it's a prob at all I'll just cruise over to Jordy's (BTW it's the flip top type) once I'm back in mesa. No rush, she won't be ready until after winter anyway. I just hope they took out the windshield of the focker that was tailgating me :mad:
Thanks for the kind words, I'm looking forward to starting the project. She'll be lifted off the trailer in a few days so we can paint, wire, and rebunk it before the trip out to AZ. Buddy is getting a digi camera so expect about 5000 pics of the process :rolleyes:
Copperrat, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I start in so take plenty of pics on your progress :)

mouzer
08-08-2004, 04:54 PM
hey zack i should of pulled the motor out of the beezer and sold the haul and put it in the hydro DAMN IT!!was'nt thinking , to rushed that day!mike

fourspeednup
08-09-2004, 08:48 AM
hey zack i should of pulled the motor out of the beezer and sold the haul and put it in the hydro DAMN IT!!was'nt thinking , to rushed that day!mike
Did it sell already? I bet you could get 6K easy for the rigged hull and sell me the motor....and come out ahead. Call or PM if interested :)